Hurricane Irma

Comments

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    SMH

Florida police have warned people not to fire their weapons at Hurricane Irma after thousands responded to a Facebook event.

"To clarify, DO NOT shoot weapons @ #Irma. You won’t make it turn around & it will have very dangerous side effects," the Pasco Sheriff's office tweeted late Saturday.

The Facebook event is titled "Shoot at Hurricane Irma" and over 50,000 people have expressed interest in taking part.

Good morning, all is well so far. Wind gusts every now and then with rain. Still the worry here in WPBeach is tornados. 

If anyone is doing that nonsense in that image isnt too bright. Thats a facepalm for sure. Be well  one and all.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• SMH

Florida police have warned people not to fire their weapons at Hurricane Irma after thousands responded to a Facebook event.

"To clarify, DO NOT shoot weapons @ #Irma. You won’t make it turn around & it will have very dangerous side effects," the Pasco Sheriff's office tweeted late Saturday.

The Facebook event is titled "Shoot at Hurricane Irma" and over 50,000 people have expressed interest in taking part.

Hence why we have the current man as President!!!!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    Hang in there, g!  Thanks for keeping us posted.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Landfall was right over the house of my friend on Cudjoe Key.
    He fears it's completely gone.

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Landfall was right over the house of my friend on Cudjoe Key.
    He fears it's completely gone.

Oh my. The poor guy, and many more like him, I assume.

You know there are lots of positive vibes heading your way, g under p, and you are sure showing that grace.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    SMH

What the hell is going wrong with people???
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    SMH

I'm going to take a guess that this was started by Putin
  • JC29856 said:
    SMH

No you know damn well it was started by ANTIFA member ! 
    JC29856 said:
    SMH

No, no, no, no, no, no.... IT'S OBAMA'S FAULT!

Or was it Stone?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    I hope everyone is Safe there...stay Safe...
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    brianlux said:
    JC29856 said:
    SMH

Or was it Stone?
    if it wasnt Stone then it was surely.....

Obama
    or
    Kamala Harris
    or
    Hillary Clinton
    or
    Comet Pizza
  • Man it looks insane !
    brianlux said:
    JC29856 said:
    SMH

Or was it Stone?
    if it wasnt Stone then it was surely.....

Obama
    or
    Kamala Harris
    or
    Hillary Clinton
    or
    Comet Pizza
    I'm gonna go with Comet Pizza.  :smiley:

Some much needed humor while waiting to hear from family and friends.  :smile:

brianlux said:
    Brian, holy crap I'm still here. My side of the neighborhood is the only one still with power and cable. However this huge huge tree in front of my house probably at least 100 years old has been blown over. Amazingly last year for the first time they trimmed it, it was so low when I would close my car & truck doors leaves and branches would get caught in it. The root system of the tree looks like it's at least 12 ft tall. I took pictures and video before and after it fell but I have no idea how to post them on here.

Other friends in F Lauderdale lost power lots of tree branches but are mostly all good. It seems now the worst is over from what I can tell. I have friends in Tampa I hope they will be well.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• g under p said:
    brianlux said:
    Brian, holy crap I'm still here. My side of the neighborhood is the only one still with power and cable. However this huge huge tree in front of my house probably at least 100 years old has been blown over. Amazingly last year for the first time they trimmed it, it was so low when I would close my car & truck doors leaves and branches would get caught in it. The root system of the tree looks like it's at least 12 ft tall. I took pictures and video before and after it fell but I have no idea how to post them on here.

Other friends in F Lauderdale lost power lots of tree branches but are mostly all good. It seems now the worst is over from what I can tell. I have friends in Tampa I hope they will be well.

Peace
    Great news it seems like it might not be as catastrophic as predicted I sure hope so ..
    g under p said:
    brianlux said:

Peace
    I've been thinking about you today, g. So glad to hear you have come out the other side relatively unscathed. May all our friends on here be so lucky. 
    g under p said:
    brianlux said:

Peace
    So good hear you're OK, g!  Thanks for keeping us posted! 

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Glad you're safe, g!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,421
    Over 750k without electricity sure to go well over million mark ..
    theres a fleet of linemen staged and waiting to get to work in Lake City
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    Tornado just touched down in my old neighborhood in Ormond Beach. Friends and former colleagues are still there. One of their boats sank. Another had a tree fall on their house. That's just from the outer bands. Other areas look like they're getting it a lot worse.

Best of luck and best wishes to all those effected by this.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
    as Alex Jones flees these guys risk there life (and perfect teeth) covering Irma.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/11/gone-with-the-wind-reporters-get-a-soaking-in-hurricane-irma
    I have to say thank you to still being here. I finally lost power sometime after 9pm last night. It was kind of Kool  to have so freaking quiet, no music, no tv, no computers nothing. One of the best nights sleep ive had in years. 

Now my neighborhood comes by to take pictures or my majestic avatar tree that has fallen. I've got get somebody to take a picture of me standing on the trunk, if I can climb up there. Very calm now, cool with the sun rising in the East. Going to get a little breakfast, get my bicycle gear and your the neighborhood. Open up the shutters first though can't stand it being so dark in side. That's all for now later.

Be careful as you venture out, g. There are bound to be some precarious situations out there. Good luck. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    g under p said:
    I have to say thank you to still being here. I finally lost power sometime after 9pm last night. It was kind of Kool  to have so freaking quiet, no music, no tv, no computers nothing. One of the best nights sleep ive had in years. 

Now my neighborhood comes by to take pictures or my majestic avatar tree that has fallen. I've got get somebody to take a picture of me standing on the trunk, if I can climb up there. Very calm now, cool with the sun rising in the East. Going to get a little breakfast, get my bicycle gear and your the neighborhood. Open up the shutters first though can't stand it being so dark in side. That's all for now later.
    Glad you're safe. You didn't try shooting the storm did you?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Great to hear you're safe, g!

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Be careful as you venture out, g. There are bound to be some precarious situations out there. Good luck. 
    Agreed.  And great attitude as you've been going through this; I'm not sure I'd be as calm (or come off as such ;) ).
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited September 2017
    SMH

Lol. The group started this as a complete joke ... Apparently some of the more stupid idiots in the area may have taken it seriously. :lol:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    SMH

Lol. The group started this as a complete joke ... Apparently some of the more stupid idiots in the area may have taken it seriously. :lol:
    which area was it? maybe we can use deductive reasoning and come up with who they likely voted for
  • JC29856 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    SMH

which area was it? maybe we can use deductive reasoning and come up with who they likely voted for
    They hand wrote "Mickey Mouse" on the ballot...