Options

Ten, Binaural, Riot Act & Pearl Jam LP reissues & six 7" singles

Comments

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,796
    I'm working my cart like an idiot right now.

I've settled on 10, Avocado, and Binaural... but I can't order them together.

I had the box set in my cart three times and balked.

Gawddammit. The shipping for the box is actually reasonable given costs for individual units.
    Seems like 10 needs to be ordered on its own
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,598
    I will be curious if Newbury will do any exclusives.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    How cool would it be if all ten studio albums are new cuts like the newest reissues of Yield and No Code.
    Cut by Daniel Krieger at Schallplatten Schneid Technik Brüggemann GmbH and pressed at MPO in France.

Would LOVE a new cut of Lightning Bolt, Backspacer, Ten, VS, and Vitalogy. Would love to compare them to original and other reissues.
  • Options

Gawddammit. The shipping for the box is actually reasonable given costs for individual units.

Yah... that's the issue.

That initiates the $30 shipping for the one LP... and me saying, "Sigh."

I know... things are tough: I'm not displaced from my home, my belly is full...and I'm wondering how to combine shipping for records. I'll shut up.

Hope everybody gets what they need from this impressive 10th! 
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Avocado would be one record where remastering/remixing is welcomed. Let's hope
    I wonder if they would remaster Life Wasted and not have it fade out at the end and just let Mike melt his guitar and our faces
    Maybe they ran out of tape like on Down by the river? :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    MedozK said:
    Air23 said:
    demetrios said:
    Forgot to add .. PEARL JAM TEN VINYL LP PRESALE https://pearljam.com/shop/featured-items/pearl-jam-ten-vinyl-lp-presale
    What does OG mean?
    Original
    So, It is not remastered? No reissue?
  • Options
    I just payes 225 euro for riot act
    Would sell mine for less.
    Avocado would be one record where remastering/remixing is welcomed. Let's hope
    This. Avocado needs some major work in my opinion. I just listened to my Riot Act vinyl yesterday, it is awesome - possibly my favorite PJ vinyl. Avocado however, is very harsh to my ears.
    Doubt that would happen-
    I was wrong. It's getting a remix. Excited!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011

Yah... that's the issue.

That initiates the $30 shipping for the one LP... and me saying, "Sigh."

I know... things are tough: I'm not displaced from my home, my belly is full...and I'm wondering how to combine shipping for records. I'll shut up.

Hope everybody gets what they need from this impressive 10th! 
    I think this is a glitch with the site - doesn't make sense, seeing that the Ten reissue is in the box as well.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    Wonder why they did WWS b/w Life Wasted instead of Life Wasted b/w Come Back (live).

• Options
    epieepie Posts: 290
    Would be great if they came out with a collector's box for all the 7" releases for this round plus the recent No Code/Yield re-issues and with room for more 7" releases/re-issues in the future. 
    1996 - Columbia, MD & Augusta, ME
    2013 - Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Release)
    2016 - Fenway Park I and II
    2017 - HSCM (EV) Boston, MA
    2018 - Seattle I, Fenway Park I and II
    2021 - Ohana Festival (EV/EV/PJ)
    2022 - EV (Beacon Theater II & Newark)
    2023 - Austin, TX I & II
  • Options
    $94 to ship 3 vinyl records to Ireland?  I think I'll wait for Amazon.  
    Thierry Henry you cheating prick
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,796
    demetrios said:
    Forgot to add .. PEARL JAM TEN VINYL LP PRESALE https://pearljam.com/shop/featured-items/pearl-jam-ten-vinyl-lp-presale
    I wonder what this is. I'd love to add this to the order with the other 3 LPs but I'm not sure what it is and looks like it needs to be shipped on its own, upping the shipping costs. 
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    Does this mean Avocado might actually sound decent for once?????  I realize BoB doesn't have a good remix reputation but the original is awful
    Unfortunately, when i see the name brendan o'brien on this stuff it scares me off. He has an extremely heavy hand in the way he guides PJ, produces PJ, and mixes PJ. I'm glad to see some early indications that these will be double LPs, but i wish the band would work with someone with a "less is more" recording, mixing, mastering and lacquer cutting touch and have everything pressed at a proper plant. And why do Binaural or Riot Act need to be re-mixed? I feel like the band has little regard for it's archives and doesn't show much interest in putting out the best possible sounding music as possible. 

To my ears, every PJ vinyl except for the original Vs, Vitalogy and No Code (i haven't heard vinyl of Binaural and Riot Act) sounds thin and lacks any fucking balls. 

I have an original Yield LP and that sounds like garbage as well. And the re-issue isn't much better. Bummer, cause that album is top 2-3 for me. 
    96 Hartford | 98 MSG 1 & 2 | 00 Jones Beach | 03 MSG 1 & 2 | 06 Irving Plaza | 06 Camden | 06 E. Rutherford | 08 MSG 1 & 2 | 10 MSG 1 & 2 | 11 EV/Portland | 13 Wrigley | 13 Brooklyn 1 & 2 | 13 Hartford | 13 Portland | 13 Seattle | 14 Stockholm | 17 EV/Tennessee | 18 Missoula
  • Options
    BK5403 said:
    Does this mean Avocado might actually sound decent for once?????  I realize BoB doesn't have a good remix reputation but the original is awful
    Unfortunately, when i see the name brendan o'brien on this stuff it scares me off. He has an extremely heavy hand in the way he guides PJ, produces PJ, and mixes PJ. I'm glad to see some early indications that these will be double LPs, but i wish the band would work with someone with a "less is more" recording, mixing, mastering and lacquer cutting touch and have everything pressed at a proper plant. And why do Binaural or Riot Act need to be re-mixed? I feel like the band has little regard for it's archives and doesn't show much interest in putting out the best possible sounding music as possible. 

To my ears, every PJ vinyl except for the original Vs, Vitalogy and No Code (i haven't heard vinyl of Binaural and Riot Act) sounds thin and lacks any fucking balls. 

I have an original Yield LP and that sounds like garbage as well. And the re-issue isn't much better. Bummer, cause that album is top 2-3 for me. 
    There was a mistake made in the item descriptions of Binaural and Riot Act vinyl.
    Binaural and Riot Act are remastered, but not remixed.  Only "Avocado" is remixed and remastered. 
    Sorry about that, my bad. 
    Email shipping@tenclub.net with questions/issues.
    slh
  • Options
    how come I cant add Ten Presale? I'm getting an error that says "Sorry, preorder items cannot be ordered with non-preorder items. Please remove the following non-preorder items from your cart:
    - PEARL JAM TEN VINYL LP PRESALE"
    i am lost, i'm no guide, but i'm by your side
    i am right by your side...
  • Options
    Does it say anywhere if/when pre sale ends?
  • Options
    BK5403 said:

There was a mistake made in the item descriptions of Binaural and Riot Act vinyl.
    Binaural and Riot Act are remastered, but not remixed.  Only "Avocado" is remixed and remastered. 
    Sorry about that, my bad. 
    Email shipping@tenclub.net with questions/issues.
    slh
    Thanks very much for the update
    96 Hartford | 98 MSG 1 & 2 | 00 Jones Beach | 03 MSG 1 & 2 | 06 Irving Plaza | 06 Camden | 06 E. Rutherford | 08 MSG 1 & 2 | 10 MSG 1 & 2 | 11 EV/Portland | 13 Wrigley | 13 Brooklyn 1 & 2 | 13 Hartford | 13 Portland | 13 Seattle | 14 Stockholm | 17 EV/Tennessee | 18 Missoula
  • Options
    Man, glad I picked up some new HX6XX headphones for myself! Going to be an awesome Christmas holiday!
  • Options
    Anyone worried about trying to combine shipping costs, you really don't need to bother. These will likely be available in stores, just like No Code and Yield were.  Just order from Amazon or pick up from your local record store.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,100
    Wonder why they did WWS b/w Life Wasted instead of Life Wasted b/w Come Back (live).

It gives me something to buy?  For the last reissues I re bought all the 7", but I really only need hail hail as it had never been released on vinyl before.  It's cool there's now a WWS single on vinyl, but strange they didn't reissue the life wasted one...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,725
    goldenegg said:
    Anyone worried about trying to combine shipping costs, you really don't need to bother. These will likely be available in stores, just like No Code and Yield were.  Just order from Amazon or pick up from your local record store.
    Postage for all six 7" singles from 10club is not that bad shipped to Canada.

Will have to wait till all six 7" singles that are Made in Germany with the Sony Music & recyclable green stickers on the back make their presence on Amazon. That's how I bought the last 7" reissues last year. 10club copies will be the Made in the EU editions I would guess.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,883
    I know it's mean, but I just love the fact that all of these sealed originals, that people have been hoarding, will drop in value once these come out and especially if the new remix of Avocado is superior. So happy that I can finally buy these on vinyl!
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,377
    I think I'll just sit and wait for these to turn up on Amazon. 10c shipping costs to the UK are horrendous.

Exciting times though!
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Buy the new QOTSA record instead 
  • Options
    wnh1977wnh1977 Iowa Posts: 579
    This.  Yeah, a band actually doing things in the here and now.  Sorry, this like my 5th thread today featuring my vents.  I'm sorry.  It just pains me to see this band turn into this merch machine.  We have Backspacer and Lightning Bolt to show for the last ten years... oh, and a whole lotta nostalgia.  
    1998: 6/26, 6/27, 6/29
    2000: 8/15, 8/18, 10/9, 10/11, 10/12
    2003: 6/18, 6/21, 6/22
    2005: 9/9, 9/28
    2006:5/16, 5/17, 6/26, 6/27
    2007: 8/5
    2009: 8/23, 8/24
    2010: 5/3, 5/4, 5/21
    2011: 9/3, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12
    2013: 7/19, 11/16
    2014: 10/3, 10/9, 10/12, 10/17
    2016: 4/16, 8/20, 8/22
    2018: 8/18, 8/20, 9/2
    2022: 9/18
    2023: 8/31, 9/2, 9/5
  • Options
    wnh1977 said:
    This.  Yeah, a band actually doing things in the here and now.  Sorry, this like my 5th thread today featuring my vents.  I'm sorry.  It just pains me to see this band turn into this merch machine.  We have Backspacer and Lightning Bolt to show for the last ten years... oh, and a whole lotta nostalgia.  
    It pains you? I think a lot of people are just overthinking everything. Let it all happen as they want it to happen and be happy. Buy the merch or dont, we are the reason they keep pushing it out. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    wnh1977 said:

Try being a Metallica fan too..... These bonuses from PJ are well received here.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    I know it's mean, but I just love the fact that all of these sealed originals, that people have been hoarding, will drop in value once these come out and especially if the new remix of Avocado is superior. So happy that I can finally buy these on vinyl!
    It's not mean, but it's not entirely correct either.  First pressings of vinyl records hold their value to collectors regardless of represses.  Represses just get the physical medium into people's hands.  We all know there's a shit ton of PJ collectors, so they'll always hold value.  Just look at records across the board, regardless of reissues, originals are a sought after collectors item.  Kind of like a rookie card vs any other card really.  It may take some time but now that there's PJ vinyl for everyone, they'll hold value to the collectors.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    I might buy the new Ten reissue, because the only one I have is the beige one. I'd like one with the original looking cover, jusat because I really hate the beige one. I don't know what they were thinking with that. Like, "hey, what about the colour? Wanna change it up? .... How about a nice neutral, earthy tone, like the walls in that apartment I had back in 2002?"
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    PJ_Soul said:
    I might buy the new Ten reissue, because the only one I have is the beige one. I'd like one with the original looking cover, jusat because I really hate the beige one. I don't know what they were thinking with that. Like, "hey, what about the colour? Wanna change it up? .... How about a nice neutral, earthy tone, like the walls in that apartment I had back in 2002?"
    Vague, probably incorrect recollection, where Jeff said something about that beige one being more representative of the album art he was going for?
    www.cluthelee.com