edited September 2017 in The Porch
Edited discussion: 

Super stoked! 
www.cluthelee.com
Post edited by 2-feign-reluctance on

Comments

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited September 2017
    Binaural & Riot Act sound beautiful!!! ST needs a bit of help, but not a remix. 
    Agree - Binaural is the band's best sounding record.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Hoooold onto those Originals!!!!!!
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • I think Binaural could be cleaned up a hair. The BOB versions that were released back then of the Binaural songs sound much better than the album mixes. I really have high hopes for it. But Binaural is my favorite. 

Agree on Riot Act. It's a great sounding album. But I'm always willing to give a new take a chance. 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    I think Binaural could be cleaned up a hair. The BOB versions that were released back then of the Binaural songs sound much better than the album mixes. I really have high hopes for it. But Binaural is my favorite. 

Agree on Riot Act. It's a great sounding album. But I'm always willing to give a new take a chance. 
    Oh, me too, me too. Just want to hear what the band's rationale was. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674
    Is the OG Ten a straight up repress?
  • Yeah man. I'd like to hear that. I don't think it's any secret the band was never big on the released version of Binaural. I remember hearing of a lot of push and pull between the band and label which lead to the new mixes on the single, various track lists, etc. 
    Riot Act, I'm not sure. It doesn't feature much studio trickery since it was mostly recorded live. So I'm curious what a new mix can do. 
    And for self titled...well, if it sounds like crap to our ears- I imagine it's brutal to the ears of those who created it. 
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    Riot Act is PJs best sounding vinyl in my opinion. It is excellent. Binaural is very good but ST is so loud and shrill at times it is hard to listen to. I'll look forward to that reissue but I'll be surprised if the others improve
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
    pjpitt89 said:
    Riot Act is PJs best sounding vinyl in my opinion. It is excellent. Binaural is very good but ST is so loud and shrill at times it is hard to listen to. I'll look forward to that reissue but I'll be surprised if the others improve
    Excited to find out. BoB has been very busy that's for sure. I see what @MedozK was saying months back about the OPs retaining their value/worth/status. This new box has  a hodge podge of 'versions' for what its worth. 

Ten: Will it be the Bob 2008 remix/remaster? Or the remastered original mix? 
    Vs: Safe to assume it will be the 2011 remaster/reissue
    Vitalogy: Same as Vs. 
    No Code: The 2016 remaster/reissue
    Yield: Same as No Code. 
    Binaural: New 2017 remaster/reissue
    Riot Act: Same as Binaural
    ST: Same as the previous 2. 
    Backspacer: Original 2009 mix/master
    Lightning Bolt: Original 2013 mix/master. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    pjpitt89 said:
    Excited to find out. BoB has been very busy that's for sure. I see what @MedozK was saying months back about the OPs retaining their value/worth/status. This new box has  a hodge podge of 'versions' for what its worth. 

I think these will be new cuts for Ten, Vs, and Vitalogy, pressed at MPO like all the new reissues.
    MedozK said:
    pjpitt89 said:

I think these will be new cuts for Ten, Vs, and Vitalogy, pressed at MPO like all the new reissues.
    So @MedozK do you see this box as the definitive vinyl cuts for all PJ vinyl to date? Saw you bought one (figured you would!). 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    remixed and remastered are two different things.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    MedozK said:
    pjpitt89 said:

So @MedozK do you see this box as the definitive vinyl cuts for all PJ vinyl to date? Saw you bought one (figured you would!). 
    Nope, not till I hear them. Hopefully new cuts will be better.  A definitive Vinyl cut thread, would be a good idea. Might think about that after these are released and critiqued.
    Tiki said:
    remixed and remastered are two different things.
    I know they are. And all three are have been remastered and remixed. I have a 'B minus' understanding of both concepts. :lol:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Very Important- Sorry for the mistake. ONLY "Pearl Jam" A/K/A Avocado has been remixed. The other two have just been remastered.
    Its the remixed piece that has me the most curious. What about the instrument placement in the mix will be different? What will be added, subtracted? Brought up or down in the overall 'landscape' of the songs? 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Guess it depends on how unhappy the band was with the original mix/presentation to begin with. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I wRubysdad said:
    Very Important- Sorry for the mistake. ONLY "Pearl Jam" A/K/A Avocado has been remixed. The other two have just been remastered.
    Thank you- good to hear.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Rubysdad said:
    Very Important- Sorry for the mistake. ONLY "Pearl Jam" A/K/A Avocado has been remixed. The other two have just been remastered.
    Ah, thank you Tim!! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Rubysdad said:
    This is great. Thanks, Tim. If there was one album that needed a new mix, it's the self titled album.

Will there be digital versions of the new masters and mix?
  • Yes. There will be digital versions.
    Rubysdad said:
    Yes. There will be digital versions.
    Awesome! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    @Rubysdad - Have you heard the new self-titled remix/master? How does it sound if so? 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Rubysdad said:
    That's awesome, man. Thanks a ton. These releases are the best news of the year!
  • Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,973
    Rubysdad said:

Spoken with conviction!  Thank you!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • great news. can't wait for these. 

Should I assume the Vs/Vitalogy pressings will be the newer ones that sound better than the 2011 reissues? 

Should I assume the Vs/Vitalogy pressings will be the newer ones that sound better than the 2011 reissues? 

Hopefully. Fingers crossed that these are new cuts.
  • Will love to hear the remixed version! Hopefully it's less "loud".
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,143
    I would have liked to have heard a remixed Binaural. But I guess it defeats the purpose of how it was supposed to sound
    I miss igotid88
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,334
    Rubysdad said:
    Cool!
  • dreamweaverdreamweaver New York Posts: 700
    Interesting... ST was the only record BOB didn't mix. Looking forward to hearing his take on it. Adam Kasper's work with Soundgarden was phenomenal but despite ST having great songs- the mix didn't age well. 
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15