DID YOU SNOOZE?: Vault 7 Preorder now Ended. Also shipping and weather concerns.

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited September 2017
    50 bucks. Fair enough.

Went to do it and shopping was 44 bucks.

Seriously?

No thanks.

@Santos L. Halper
    You can always purchase for $200+ on secondary market once these go out of stock.
    slh
    How about responding like an adult instead of with that unnecessary snark @Santos L. Halper? You're the one with the incomprehensible and unheard of level shipping costs. Not Thirty Bills Unpaid or anyone else paying to be part of this club and being forced to pay your shipping costs. 

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    The horror of snark on an internet message board *GASP*
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • 50 bucks. Fair enough.

Seriously?

No thanks.

@Santos L. Halper
    You can always purchase for $200+ on secondary market once these go out of stock.
    slh
    Or just don't purchase at all.

I take it from this response you feel shipping charges are reasonable. We can agree to disagree.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    Is it sold out? Entered my info and hit "Review Order" and it cycles back to the same screen with my info gone.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    kasedoug said:
    Is it sold out? Entered my info and hit "Review Order" and it cycles back to the same screen with my info gone.
    Nope
    Still available
    Just ordered mine after having the same issues as you. 
  • I'm not taking a side either way, but 10c really should add "and handling" after shipping. People will still bitch, but at least the costs will seem a tad more transparent. 

Do I think shipping and handling is high? Sure do! Do I still order from 10c over other retailers? Depends of the items. Obviously, this is one where I can only order from the 10c. Or if there's any other type of exclusive, etc. 

My two cents, though I'm sure almost all will disagree with me. :)
    kasedoug said:
    Nope
    Still available
    Still doing it on my end. 
    kasedoug said:
    kasedoug said:
    Nope
    Still available
    Still can't get past the "Review Order" button as it keeps cycling back once I click it.
  • AAJCAAJC Calgary, AB, Canada Posts: 262
    edited September 2017
    Is this show worthy of getting? Have all the other Vault shows on vinyl. The shipping to Canada turned me off initially, but don't want to kick myself tomorrow. Never heard this show, so am not aware of it's quality. 
    Post edited by AAJC on
  • AAJC said:
    Is this show worthy of getting? Have all the other Vault shows on vinyl. 
    A legendary show on official vinyl? Yes. Much better than a $400 boxset of rereleased studio songs available everywhere.

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    AAJC said:
    Is this show worthy of getting? Have all the other Vault shows on vinyl. The shipping to Canada turned me off initially, but don't want to kick myself tomorrow. Never heard this show, so am not aware of it's quality. 
    It's worth getting. One of Pearl Jam's finest performances. Wish the shipping cost was shipper to Canada but there's nothing we can do.
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,874
    kasedoug said:
    kasedoug said:
    kasedoug said:
    Nope
    Still available
    Still can't get past the "Review Order" button as it keeps cycling back once I click it.
    Maybe try clearing the cache on your browser?
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Not buying the reissues but i am buying two Vault 7's.  

Top 5 PJ show ever.  
    kasedoug said:
    kasedoug said:
    kasedoug said:
    Nope
    Still available
    Maybe try clearing the cache on your browser?
    Got it on my phone. Thanks for the reminder!
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Caved in and made a late order. Considered just sticking with the digital. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • AAJCAAJC Calgary, AB, Canada Posts: 262
    Purchased. Last minute decision. Thanks to those who convinced me to do so. ;)
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    I'm really excited for this one as I'm one of the few on here who hasn't heard this show before. Never could bring myself to buy the bootleg.

It will be nice to have a proper first experience with it.

(If that came across like a virgin wanting their first time to be perfect, I'm good with that.)
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    demetrios said:
    AAJC said:
    It's worth getting. One of Pearl Jam's finest performances. Wish the shipping cost was shipper to Canada but there's nothing we can do.
    10c shipping is a joke, the shipping for the 10 lp set was only a couple bucks more than the shipping for the vault? 
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
    Vaulty 7 vinyl still available for purchase?

hmm .. now if only they could put back up Vault 6 vinyl for purchase ...

demetrios said:

You missed #6? How in the heck did that happen?
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    demetrios said:

The CDN dollar was shitty. Paying $125+ CDN for a presale "made to order" vinyl is a little too much back then. I was a little upset with the shipping cost from 10club so I said fuck it. Vault 7 cost me $114 CDN so I went down with the ship this time. Nothing I can do when UPS controls 10club shipping prices.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    50 bucks. Fair enough.

Seriously?

No thanks.

@Santos L. Halper
    I wish you received a more serious response. I think it is a big issue that 10c is completely ignoring. Nearly every other retailer would offer free shipping on an order this large.
    $40 has got to be the most expensive fan club membership I've heard of, you should get free shipping with that $40. 
    At some point, without an album and tour in the near future, I would predict a steady decline in membership when you can buy most of the same items elsewhere for less with free shipping. And the vaults, only vault 3 is $200, the reast can be found for under $100. Basically less than the original cost + shipping + membership when there's only a small handful of items of interest that are not available in other stores.
    My fear of the day I leave there will be some major announcement will keep my signed up for a while, but this really doesnt seem like a smart business move for the 10c. Maybe thats why they are so quiet on everything? If they announced a hiatus with no tour or album for 5 years, how many would cancel their membership?
    Just doesn't seem wise to me to not even acknowledge the shipping issue, let alone do anything about it.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited September 2017
    Ouch.  Track one down demetrios.  6 is my favorite show of the vinyl ones.  7 should pass it up tho
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:

The CDN dollar was shitty. Paying $125+ CDN for a presale "made to order" vinyl is a little too much back then. I was a little upset with the shipping cost from 10club so I said fuck it. Vault 7 cost me $114 CDN so I went down with the ship this time. Nothing I can do when UPS controls 10club shipping prices.

I will keep a look out. If I see one for a reasonable price I will pm ya!
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:

I will keep a look out. If I see one for a reasonable price I will pm ya!
    Thanks! :)
    Ouch.  Track one down demetrios.  6 is my favorite show of the vinyl ones.  7 should pass it up tho
    Oh I heard the 24Bit Flac. It sounds good!
  • Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    edited September 2017
    Still up...

Even has "last call!" in the description.
  • mace1229 said:
    50 bucks. Fair enough.

Seriously?

No thanks.

@Santos L. Halper
    I wish you received a more serious response. I think it is a big issue that 10c is completely ignoring. Nearly every other retailer would offer free shipping on an order this large.
    $40 has got to be the most expensive fan club membership I've heard of, you should get free shipping with that $40. 
    At some point, without an album and tour in the near future, I would predict a steady decline in membership when you can buy most of the same items elsewhere for less with free shipping. And the vaults, only vault 3 is $200, the reast can be found for under $100. Basically less than the original cost + shipping + membership when there's only a small handful of items of interest that are not available in other stores.
    My fear of the day I leave there will be some major announcement will keep my signed up for a while, but this really doesnt seem like a smart business move for the 10c. Maybe thats why they are so quiet on everything? If they announced a hiatus with no tour or album for 5 years, how many would cancel their membership?
    Just doesn't seem wise to me to not even acknowledge the shipping issue, let alone do anything about it.

I was kind of surprised at the response to be honest.

It doesn't matter. At the end of the day... I can choose to buy or I can choose to pass. I bought 10, Avocado, and Binaural with combined shipping.

And I'm with you on the noticeable absence of shows. It's been four years since they have been anywhere near me. Next tour I'm going to try and see them as many times as possible. After that... who knows when else?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    50 bucks. Fair enough.

Seriously?

No thanks.

@Santos L. Halper
    slh
    Jesus what a dismissive comment from slh
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    50 bucks. Fair enough.

Seriously?

No thanks.

@Santos L. Halper
    slh
    Jesus what a dismissive comment from slh
    He/She must be getting tired from all the b****ing about shipping :)