The Pizza Thread

Comments

• chadwick said:
    chadwick said:
    hey, phuckers, iowa rocks balls. as a matter of fact the best pizza i've ever had was in iowa at a little mom & pop joint. they had a backroom w/ arcade games & two pool tables. as a teenager this place was partytownusa. great grub, lenient with us young dickheads, & many of us worked there. i was a delivery guy from time to time. we'd stash our supplies in the men's restroom & have a pool shooting party. this went on for a few yrs. super great pizza. no i will not give up the name or address. y'all are screwed, go to nyc           
    I built a prison in Burlington Iowa.  I actually enjoyed myself there.  In the summer we got rafts and inner tubes to ride on and a cooler of beer, maybe a flask or two and float down the river. 

near burlington or actually in burlington? do you remember which river? mississippi, skunk, des moines?
    Skunk river.  Locals told us that the MS was too dangerous to tube down, so we hung with them.  Yes to actual Burlington.  We built the prison in Burlington and shipped it to Fort Madison.
  • rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    chadwick said:
    i like y'all. this is a great thread. fact of the matter is, nyers are a pain in the intestines  
    Amen!
    Oh c'mon and y'all are just gems, lol!
    Gems and rhinestones!  The kind that are encrusted around the anus of a treasure hoarding troll who doesn't know the meaning of the word "bathe".
    But at least we know so and don't think otherwise!

Como say what?
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    chadwick said:
    chadwick said:
    hey, phuckers, iowa rocks balls. as a matter of fact the best pizza i've ever had was in iowa at a little mom & pop joint. they had a backroom w/ arcade games & two pool tables. as a teenager this place was partytownusa. great grub, lenient with us young dickheads, & many of us worked there. i was a delivery guy from time to time. we'd stash our supplies in the men's restroom & have a pool shooting party. this went on for a few yrs. super great pizza. no i will not give up the name or address. y'all are screwed, go to nyc           
    I built a prison in Burlington Iowa.  I actually enjoyed myself there.  In the summer we got rafts and inner tubes to ride on and a cooler of beer, maybe a flask or two and float down the river. 

near burlington or actually in burlington? do you remember which river? mississippi, skunk, des moines?
    Skunk river.  Locals told us that the MS was too dangerous to tube down, so we hung with them.  Yes to actual Burlington.  We built the prison in Burlington and shipped it to Fort Madison.

hey that's cool. would it so happen to have been raider's precast concrete company? pizza integrity... i wonder if jails & prisons have decent pizza? sheriff joe arpaio would never serve pizza at his bullshit tents jail  
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick said:
    chadwick said:
    chadwick said:

hey that's cool. would it so happen to have been raider's precast concrete company? pizza integrity... i wonder if jails & prisons have decent pizza? sheriff joe arpaio would never serve pizza at his bullshit tents jail  
    Not Raiders.  My company rented an old precast yard off of Gear ave.  I dug that Snake rd in downtown.  That was cool.  Brewery was there too.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    chadwick said:
    chadwick said:
    chadwick said:

Not Raiders.  My company rented an old precast yard off of Gear ave.  I dug that Snake rd in downtown.  That was cool.  Brewery was there too.
    I remember you saying you worked on the prison here in my little shithole of a hometown, as well.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    dankind said:
    The best fried chicken I've ever had came from a gas station.

You did notice no pigeons hanging around that gas station, right?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Squab is delicious. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited September 2017

i did a short stint at raiders precast. one of the worst jobs i ever had. i suppose it could of been a better job if one's coworkers weren't fucking convicts living in halfway houses. no disrespect to anyone going thru such a thing. they never had pizza for us on fridays.

don't bother screwing in bolts all the way that are connected to cables that are connected to a crane that lift giant slabs of bridges & overpasses. those dimwits wanted someone to get crushed. pizza? they don't need no stinkin pizza

snake alley is interesting to drive down in a 1970s boat of a car loaded w/ idiotic teenagers, pizza & beer    

for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick said:
    chadwick said:
    chadwick said:

I remember you saying you worked on the prison here in my little shithole of a hometown, as well.
    I've built prisons/structures in 4 countries,  20+ states some multiple times.  Remember that I moved every 6 months to a year and did that for 15 years.

I've got some stories. Pics too!!!  Hence my food stories!  

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Last night, I was about to fix up some Tilapia, mashed sweet potatoes, veg, when my lovely bursts through the door surprising me with pizza.

PIZZA!

What joy! It was like Christmas morning. :triumph:
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited September 2017
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    So why do people fold, if not for expeditious eating? I always thought that was the point, lol.
    Because you're generally eating a giant slice while standing or on the move. 

Sitdown pizza is another story. That generally is cut into smaller slices and eaten while sitting at a restaurant, so it doesn't get folded unless someone does it out of habit. 
    All the sit-down pizza I have ever had has been cut so you can fold it.  You fold it so the grease doesn't get on you lol.  
    If I actually have time to sit at a good pizzeria in NYC, knife and fork until the structural integrity is such that one can pick it up. Folding it is an insult to the pizzaiolo. 
    Dude NO ONE uses a knife and fork when eating pizza. Just stop. 
    Lou Malnatis is one pizza I'll sometimes start to eat with a fork and knife until the slice is halfway done.  Otherwise it's like trying to balance a 10 pound dumbbell with each bite lol 
    I will eat Chicago deep dish with a knife and fork... but only because it's not really pizza. It's just a casserole wrapped in a crust... almost a big pot pie filled with cheese.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Hobbes said:
    Last night, I was about to fix up some Tilapia, mashed sweet potatoes, veg, when my lovely bursts through the door surprising me with pizza.

PIZZA!

Awesome!

Folding Pizza -- yes, if it is greasy style, or if on the move.  Folding a big ass piece of pizza just feels right.

Knife & fork -- I will do this from time to time, depending on the type of pizza and what I am wearing while eating the pizza.  (If I dont feel like getting shit all over my suit I will use a knife and fork, especially.) 

Going to Mozza in LA with a few board members at the end of the month, will report back on what is meant to be quite a pizza.

I frequented a place that sounds similar to Chadwick's place he shared...also in a small town, also with stuff stashed.  The pizza was just OK but we would be drunk/high and we always ordered a pie.  Always - and would bust each other's chops about who ate more slices than the others....usually we ended up ordering another.

Said it before, will say it again -- Lou Malnati's should not be eaten.  (Unless you are on the You'll Shit Your Guts Out diet)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Had a piece of PB&J pizza at a "party" last night.
    Damn, it was good.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    rgambs said:
    Damn, it was good.
    That is what it sounds like?
    They put peanut butter and jelly on a cheese pizza?

Interesting.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rgambs said:
    Damn, it was good.

Interesting.
    No sauce or cheese, just PB&J on a warm and fluffy crust.
    Maybe not truly pizza to some people's standards, but delicious and as much a pizza as anything else that isn't Margherita.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    "Dessert pizzas" can definitely be delicious.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    Damn, it was good.

Interesting.
    Maybe not truly pizza to some people's standards, but delicious and as much a pizza as anything else that isn't Margherita.
    No sauce or cheese....then it sounds good.  I love a good PB&J, and a pizza crust would make an excellent delivery vehicle.
  • rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    Damn, it was good.

Interesting.
    That's not a damn pizza, that's a PB & J...

Now pass the milk.
    I failed to mention the dessert calzone I had last night.

Nutella
    Ricotta
    Powdered sugar

Yum-o!

S'OK
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    Damn, it was good.

Interesting.
    That's not a damn pizza, that's a PB & J...

Now pass the milk.

:rofl:

dankind said:

S'OK
    Looks like a good grease representation
    Was pizza night on Saturday with the family.  4 people, 5 pizzas.  (12 year old used the extra dough to make a mini pizza.)

I liked mine, but as I often do, I went too big on the cheese.
    Used grated Parmesan, Asiago, and mozzarella.  Fresh buffalo mozzarella.
    Some thinly sliced Prosciutto was the only thing added beyond the spices/oo put on the crust when laid out.
    Basil added in last few minutes.
    It was very tasty...

BEFORE:

AFTER:

• dankind said:

S'OK
    Incorrect way to add Basil...
    Was pizza night on Saturday with the family.  4 people, 5 pizzas.  (12 year old used the extra dough to make a mini pizza.)

Some thinly sliced Prosciutto was the only thing added beyond the spices/oo put on the crust when laid out.
    It was very tasty...

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Correct way to add Basil.
    dankind said:

S'OK
    Incorrect way to add Basil...

It was very tasty...

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Correct way to add Basil.
    In the pizzaiolo's defense--and I can't believe I'm defending a Masshole pizzaiolo--he did add the basil correctly. I watched, because I'm creepy like that. Closing the box and hoofing it home is why it looks wrong.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Dan watching the pizzaiolo?

Image result for Creepy Hiding GIF
    Hobbes said:
    Dan watching the pizzaiolo?

Image result for Creepy Hiding GIF
    Heh. More like this, though.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    Hobbes said:

PIZZA!

That sounds awesome!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    I love pizza, I love pizza, I love pizza! Growing up we had homemade pizzas on Saturday right before Dance Fever, Solid Gold, and the Love Boat. I should make some of my own. What an inspiring thread!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Sooooo good!!!

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......