Matt Cameron's First Solo Album 'Cavedweller'

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
edited October 2017 in The Porch

Matt Cameron to Release First Solo Album 'Cavedweller'
News September 8 2017

Matt Cameron is set to release his first solo album entitled Cavedweller on September 22nd. 

Before joining Soundgarden and Pearl Jam, Matt cut a handful of solo songs on Seattle cassette compilations under the name Cavedweller in the 1980’s. Matt had recently relocated from his native San Diego to Seattle and introduced himself to the seminal scene he would eventually serve as a cornerstone member. 

“I thought it would be cool to use that name again three decades later,” said Matt on Cavedweller. “I’ve been writing my own songs since I was 17-years-old. I always enjoyed playing guitar and trying to cultivate my voice as a songwriter. However, I’ve been lucky to play in bands with the best singers and lyricists of my generation. My voice was never necessarily needed in them. With this album, I wanted to really make my vocals and guitar playing come through. It’s almost like I tried to start a solo career 30 years ago, and I’m just now getting back to it.”

Listen to First Single 'Time Can't Wait' via Rolling Stone or Spotify

Pre-order Digital LP on iTunes

Pre-order Vinyl in the SHOP
*A limited number of customers will receive a limited edition color vinyl

Matt Cameron 'Time Can't Wait' Lyric Video
News October 4 2017

Watch "Time Can't Wait" from Matt Cameron's debut solo album, Cavedweller, OUT NOW!

Read more at Billboard.com

https://youtu.be/55tMnIUoc38

Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    aweslome news!thanks Sea!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I'll bite.  May as well, seeing as I have all the other members' solo works on vinyl.
  • would be nice to see a new album from the band.  After all that's happened in the past year there must be more than enough reasons to be angry, and inspiration therefore to write new material
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
  • NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    MATT FUCKING CAMERON.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,325
    Any word if there will be a CD release?
    Thanks!
  • halvhalv Posts: 675
    Excited about this. Go to pre-order. Shipping is $25. That's nuts. No thanks. 
  • stoppler_pjstoppler_pj Montreal, Quebec, Canada Posts: 191
    By it from dine alone records. Shipping is reasonable there.

You are obviously from the sticks if you call it a hoodie! Us sophisticated city folk call it a bunnyhug!
    TL61540 said:
    By it from dine alone records. Shipping is reasonable there.

Sold out for the 2nd time over @ https://www.dinealonestore.com/collections/pre-orders/products/matt-cameron-cavedweller-lp

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    Getting pressed at Third Man Records!!!!!!  Sweet!!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    bought today and sounds like i've been transported back to 1970. dig it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Yeah, very, very well done Matt! A solid stand alone record.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • can't wait to spin this.
    Any word if Cavedweller will be released on CD?
    Better and better every time I listen to it! Might be in contention for one of my favorite side project releases of all time!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Listening to it on Spotify right now.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    Is 10c vinyl colored?
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Air23 said:
    Is 10c vinyl colored?
    Says "Random LPs on colored vinyl" on the product page.

https://pearljam.com/shop/featured-items/2017-matt-cameron-cavedweller-vinyl
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Very nice surprise!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
  • hadfiiwhadfiiw Posts: 188
    Just arrived and about to spin.  One of the coolest colored vinyls I have seen in a long time (holding it up to the light).

- ian | www.lukin.com

96 - Charlotte / Charleston
    98 - Atlanta
    00 - Charlotte / Greensboro / Atlanta
    03 - Raleigh / Charlotte / Mountain View / San Diego / Bristow
    04 - Asheville
    05 - Philadelphia
    06 - Washington, DC / Las Vegas / San Diego
    08 - Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    09 - Philadelphia (28th)
    11 - East Troy (3rd) / East Troy (4th)
    13 - Charlottesville / Charlotte
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Boston (5th)
    18 - Boston (2nd) / Boston (4th)
    20 - NashvilleBaltimore
    22 - Nashville / Baltimore

• evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,102
    Groovy ;)
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    I agree about how cool the blue only disc looks. It has a smoky vibe to it. I feel extremely fortunate to have received that version.
  • I really like this. I am a massive matt fan anyhow . My only comment would be the vocals would be better a bit stronger . But I guess this is matts style
     Which he has is bucket loads
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • halvhalv Posts: 675
    Loving this album. Have always been a big fan of Matt's writing style. Great album.
  • Im listening on loop now. Love it
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • radarradar Posts: 767
    do we know how many color versions were pressed? two? full blue and white / blue one?
    and are there any info how many of each?
  • Dr. JDr. J Posts: 75
    Was there a download available with this? I just realized that one came with Jeff Ament's vinyl on our order history.
    Dr. J said:
    Was there a download available with this? I just realized that one came with Jeff Ament's vinyl on our order history.
    Nope
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Dr. JDr. J Posts: 75
    Dr. J said:
    Nope
    Word.  Thought I might have missed on it.  Thanks for the quick response!