Hurricane Harvey Relief Request

https://www.youcaring.com/thewardfamily-929786

issuing a humble request. Our home was flooded during Hurricane Harvey. My wife, 4 year old daughter, 2 year old son, 3 dogs, 2 cats, and myself were forced to evacuate through our living room window last Monday. We waded through sometimes waist deep water for nearly a mile to a rescue truck. We spent two nights on the floor of a church and will be displaced for the foreseeable future. Water damage forced us to remove all flooring, 2 feet of drywall and insulation, and all lower kitchen and bathroom cabinets. We also lost most of my kids' furniture. It's been overwhelming and issues in the house seem to grow daily. We found mold behind cabinets today. The reality is we need a little help restoring our home to a habitable condition and getting our kids back into a familiar routine. We are truly grateful for any assistance in getting back on our feet. 

"Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I will check out the link tomorrow and in the meantime, wish safety and shelter and the best to you and your family.

Many of us are pulling for all of you.
  • Ward family - I do not have money to donate. Are there any goods that would help? housewares, clothing? Thinking of you guys.
  • Thanks very much for thinking of us. We are set on supplies for now. People have been so kind and willing to help. It's been a bright spot in all of this mess. There are many who do need supplies, so I'd encourage you to find ways to donate items to organizations or individuals. One great little organization is Hand to Hand Houston. 
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    @Citizen Zack I think we are heading down to help our family and friends. Houston is our hometown. I will send you a message once our plans are set so we can help you all out as well. Please pm me on the 15th to remind me to send you some $.

Im a tad scatterbrained and don't want to forget. Be well.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    edited September 2017
    mfc2006 said:
    @Citizen Zack I think we are heading down to help our family and friends. Houston is our hometown. I will send you a message once our plans are set so we can help you all out as well. Please pm me on the 15th to remind me to send you some $.

Hey brother, thanks so much for thinking of us. Hope all your friends and family are faring well. Let me know how I can help them when you're down here. 

Post edited by Citizen Zack on

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    mfc2006 said:

Hey brother, thanks so much for thinking of us. Hope all your friends and family are faring well. Let me know how I can help them when you're down here. 

Will do!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    https://www.youcaring.com/thewardfamily-929786

issuing a humble request. Our home was flooded during Hurricane Harvey. My wife, 4 year old daughter, 2 year old son, 3 dogs, 2 cats, and myself were forced to evacuate through our living room window last Monday. We waded through sometimes waist deep water for nearly a mile to a rescue truck. We spent two nights on the floor of a church and will be displaced for the foreseeable future. Water damage forced us to remove all flooring, 2 feet of drywall and insulation, and all lower kitchen and bathroom cabinets. We also lost most of my kids' furniture. It's been overwhelming and issues in the house seem to grow daily. We found mold behind cabinets today. The reality is we need a little help restoring our home to a habitable condition and getting our kids back into a familiar routine. We are truly grateful for any assistance in getting back on our feet. 

slowly but steadily, hopefully we get there soon.