Ohana fest transport for Aussie fan

bramnieskensbramnieskens The Netherlands Posts: 101
Hi All, 
sorry for the spam but I just arrived in LA from Australia to visit Ohana Fest but I can't seem to figure out a good way to travel to the festival.. 

Does anyone have a spare seat in the car? I'm just outside of Santa Monica staying at a mates place and will chip in for gas and a beer at the festival as a reward. 
Public transport is such a hassle..
would be great if I could jump in with someone to and from the festival! 

2007: Nijmegen
2010: Nijmegen
2012: Amsterdam 1
2013: Los Angeles 1 & 2
2014: Gold Coast
2018: Amsterdam 1 & 2, Prague, Krakow, Berlin

Comments

• kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    Are you going all three days or just Saturday for Ed?
  • bramnieskensbramnieskens The Netherlands Posts: 101
    kasedoug said:
    Are you going all three days or just Saturday for Ed?
    Just Saturday 

• NYCslackerNYCslacker Posts: 54
    edited September 2017
    If you can't find a car, public transport is pretty easy...take the OC metro link or Amtrak from union station to San Juan Capistrano and take an uber from there. You'll have to get from Santa Monica to Union Station via expo line or uber. 
    If you can't find a car, public transport is pretty easy...take the OC metro link or Amtrak from union station to San Juan Capistrano and take an uber from there. You'll have to get from Santa Monica to Union Station via expo line or uber. 
    This would work getting there, but Metrolink doesn't run that late on the weekends to get you back after the show.
    kasedoug said:
    This would work getting there, but Metrolink doesn't run that late on the weekends to get you back after the show.
    Yea and apparently there is only one train going to Dana point arena  and Thats around 4pm.. :(

edited September 2017
    http://www.metrolinktrains.com/schedules/line/name/Orange County/service_id/1152.html 

Leaves Union Station in Downtown LA at 8:40am, 10:50am, 2:00pm, and 4:40pm. (Saturday-Sunday Outbound)

To get to Union Station, just need to take the Expo Line from Santa Monica to 7th Street Metro Center, and then transfer to the Red Line to Union Station.
    Post edited by kasedoug on
    kasedoug said:
    http://www.metrolinktrains.com/schedules/line/name/Orange County/service_id/1152.html 

Leaves Union Station in Downtown LA at 8:40am, 10:50am, 2:00pm, and 4:40pm. (Saturday-Sunday Outbound)

To get to Union Station, just need to take the Expo Line from Santa Monica to 7th Street Metro Center, and then transfer to the Red Line to Union Station.
    Thanks so much! 

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    rent a car!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......