Eddie Vedder to Headline Pilgrimage Festival

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Sunday tickets purchased.  Flight booked.  Can't wait to see EV and Nashville! 
    Can anyone that has attended this festival comment on how early you need to arrive to get close at Ed's stage?  Not sure what the scene is like. Thanks for any insight. 
  • NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    bbiggs said:
    Can anyone that has attended this festival comment on how early you need to arrive to get close at Ed's stage?  Not sure what the scene is like. Thanks for any insight. 
    Already at gate w official list.  Get here soon
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
    ^ Appreciate the insight! 
  • I've never been to it, but we have a few things working in our favor.  Titans are at home against oddly enough Seattle with a 3:05 kickoff.  JT is Saturday night, and I think the people who want to see him may not care to see Ed.  Work the next day for most of the people there.  Sunday tickets STILL available.  I don't expect I will be on the rail, but I also don't expect near the people who will be there on Saturday either.
    I've never been to it, but we have a few things working in our favor.  Titans are at home against oddly enough Seattle with a 3:05 kickoff.  JT is Saturday night, and I think the people who want to see him may not care to see Ed.  Work the next day for most of the people there.  Sunday tickets STILL available.  I don't expect I will be on the rail, but I also don't expect near the people who will be there on Saturday either.
    I agree w all this plus significantly shorter setlist will keep some diehards away.  
    ^^ Good points. I'll get there when it opens at 10:00 and check out the scene by his stage.  Im guessing other performers are on his stage throughout the day as well. Probably no advantage to arriving before 10:00.  All just a guess on my part though. 
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    Closest to stage is for VIP ticket holders. I don't think getting there early will hold any great advantage, unless you have VIP tix. 
    ^^ Thanks for the info.  Do you know how many rows the VIP section occupies? 
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    No idea, but it's a big GA section based on pictures that I've seen. Think of it as comparable to the GA pit at PJ shows. 
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,092
    Unfortunately my B&B/Pilgrimage crew just had to cancel on me. So now I'm off to Ohana instead. 
    I've got a Sunday Pilgrimage pass available below cost if anyone knows someone who still needs one. I also have one for Saturday at Bourbon & Beyond.
    Got confirmation email today that wristbands are in the mail! 
  • http://lineup.pilgrimagefestival.com/events/2017/09/24/

Eddie is now 1:25 vs the 1:15 as expected! Hoping curfew is 9 so they are going with 845 to build in 15 extra minutes. 

JT has 1:45!
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • I am digging the fact that Ryan Adams will be on a totally different stage beforehand and Ed's will be clear for an hour or so before he goes on.  Hoping to weasel my way up front...  =)
    http://lineup.pilgrimagefestival.com/events/2017/09/24/

Eddie is now 1:25 vs the 1:15 as expected! Hoping curfew is 9 so they are going with 845 to build in 15 extra minutes. 

I'll gladly take the extra 10 minutes! It's enough for a couple more songs :)

Not sure why JT gets 20 minutes more though...bummer
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    bbiggs said:

costume changes?

LOL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    lolobugg said:
    bbiggs said:

costume changes?

LOL

Maybe because he is one of the producers of the festival?
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Can't wait for this!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • How early is everyone getting there? Planning on the rail?? Feel like outside of the rail it will be super casual to get up close all afternoon
    Nashville '00
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
    How early is everyone getting there? Planning on the rail?? Feel like outside of the rail it will be super casual to get up close all afternoon
    Im there now..where u?
  • Noload said:
    How early is everyone getting there? Planning on the rail?? Feel like outside of the rail it will be super casual to get up close all afternoon
    Im there now..where u?
    grabbing a beer
    Nashville '00
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Noload said:
    Im there now..where u?
    Still in the merch line...  Making my way to the stage soon...
    Got wristbands in mail today! Can't wait! 
  • Got mine the other day, really excited!!  Where is everybody staying?  The wife and I and a few friends ( not really PJ fans) are staying at the Aloft in Cool Springs.
  • Does anyone have any maps or pictures that show the VIP section and how big it may be?
  • Got mine the other day, really excited!!  Where is everybody staying?  The wife and I and a few friends ( not really PJ fans) are staying at the Aloft in Cool Springs.
    My wife and I are also staying at the Aloft. How are you planning to get over to the farm? We were just planning on Lyft. 
    My wife and I are also staying at the Aloft. How are you planning to get over to the farm? We were just planning on Lyft. 
    Ubering.  Or I was looking the other day they have shuttles pretty close to where we are staying so we may look in to that.  We are not driving regardless.
    Staying at the Westin in DT Nashville.  I'm guessing Uber will be our best option. 
    Staying with friends in Smyrna. Can't wait!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    Staying with friends in Smyrna. Can't wait!
    And now we can't go. Damnit. Gotta love overpriced electrical work. Ugh.
    2 weekend tickets available. I posted a thread in Lost Dogs.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com