PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited August 2017

^

Yeah....also I don't want to meet anyone who puts any stock, what so ever, in a stupid unscientific poll on twitter.

go phils!

by the way--I love the Ringer's new design. Its more like how Grantland used to look. Hated the original layout.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    pjhawks said:
    I want to meet the 39% of people in that poll from that article who rather have Rhys Hoskins than Mike Trout.  that's a new level of idiocy for Philly fans. 
    WOW>39%?>You're correct: that is a new level of idiocy. 
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171

^

Yeah....also I don't want to meet anyone who puts any stock, what so ever, in a stupid unscientific poll on twitter.

go phils!

by the way--I love the Ringer's new design. Its more like how Grantland used to look. Hated the original layout.

coming from the man who posted the article that refers to said poll.  all righty then :confused:
    pjhawks said:

^

go phils!

coming from the man who posted the article that refers to said poll.  all righty then :confused:

Ha.....yeah a link to a stupid twitter poll was the main point of the article. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    I want to meet the 39% of people in that poll from that article who rather have Rhys Hoskins than Mike Trout.  that's a new level of idiocy for Philly fans. 
    WOW>39%?>You're correct: that is a new level.
    edited September 2017
    cutz said:
    pjhawks said:
    you okay cutz?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    cutz said:
    pjhawks said:
    you okay cutz?
    Yeah man. I don't know how that happened. 
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    pjhawks said:
    you okay cutz?
    Longest delayed double post in history. Haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    pjhawks said:
    you okay cutz?
    Longest delayed double post in history. Haha
    HAHA>Like i said, i don't know what happen. And it happened again. It might be me, or it's the website. The quote is fucking up.
    Looks like we will see Crawford next week
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Looks like we will see Crawford next week

Starting at 3rd, hitting 7th tonight

go phils

chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Crawford looked good last night. Why is Kim Playing? Get Altherr back out there so we can all the young bucks on the field together.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    JK_Livin said:
    Crawford looked good last night. Why is Kim Playing? Get Altherr back out there so we can all the young bucks on the field together.
    Yeah, the Kim thing makes no fucking sense to me. You trade Hellickson, and he comes back as part of the deal? Fine. But then fucking DFA him like you did Nate Schierholtz when you traded Pence and took a guy back. You have a loaded outfield of options who are going to be here long-term and Kim is not one of them.
    Kim is garbage. Altherr should be back soon.

How sweet is Hoskins' swing? So effortless and compact for a righty. Pleasure to watch.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited September 2017
    https://theathletic.com/philly/

^
    What do you gents think of this? Some of my favorite writers have gone there. Ken Rosenthal actually just started for their national site too since Fox is inexplicably all video content now. They promise no annoying pop up ads, no dumb videos that start automatically, and no stupid hot takes/two dopes arguing for the sake of clicks. Just solid sports writing from knowledgeable people. Subscription is like $4 per month with their discount. I'm thinking of taking the plunge though I'm already paying for the espn inside stuff.....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

^
    What do you gents think of this? Some of my favorite writers have gone there. Ken Rosenthal actually just started for their national site too since Fox is inexplicably all video content now. They promise no annoying pop up ads, no dumb videos that start automatically, and no stupid hot takes/two dopes arguing for the sake of clicks. Just solid sports writing from knowledgeable people. Subscription is like $4 per month with their discount. I'm thinking of taking the plunge though I'm already paying for the espn inside stuff.....
    I'm thinking about it as well. Seems like everyone worth reading is going the subscription route.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Yeah, same here as well. I think I'm gonna give them the year and see how I like it.

^
    the font and type on that is terrible but definitely has potential to be good especially if you get access to all the cities and teams.
    Odubel Herrera is one of the most annoying and frustrating player i've ever watched from this franchise.  it takes a special player to misplay one fly ball twice.
    edited September 2017
    8 hits, 7 rbi, 5 runs scored, 1 double, and 2 homers for Williams, Hoskins, and Crawford last night.....giggity
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,709
    pjhawks said:
    Odubel Herrera is one of the most annoying and frustrating player i've ever watched from this franchise.  it takes a special player to misplay one fly ball twice.
    doesn't/didn't he have like a 20 game hitting streak going or something?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    pjhawks said:
    doesn't/didn't he have like a 20 game hitting streak going or something?

He does....21

Dude's batting .388 or something crazy like that in the second half.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited September 2017
    JK_Livin said:
    Yeah, the Kim thing makes no fucking sense to me. You trade Hellickson, and he comes back as part of the deal? Fine. But then fucking DFA him like you did Nate Schierholtz when you traded Pence and took a guy back. You have a loaded outfield of options who are going to be here long-term and Kim is not one of them.
    exactamundo.  it's different but exactly the same.  this franchise is the worst
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    8 hits, 7 rbi, 5 runs scored, 1 double, and 2 homers for Williams, Hoskins, and Crawford last night.....giggity
    still using RBI and counting stats.  some people never learn.  macnow
    crawford is playing third.  now he's playing short. now he's playing second.

it's all so -- insanely stupid

galvis is the utility guy.  put your best prospect at short you fucking morons.  no one cares about galvis -- he's not good

god I hate this team.  Push for 100+.  terrible schedule but these ass holes can get there.  step off SF giants, the phils management is way dumberer
    odubel herrera has won the honor of being my most hated phillie ever.  the new rankings

odubel herrera
    bobby abreu
    ryan howard
    doug glanville
    chris coste/sal fasano

edited September 2017
    The Fixer said:
    still using RBI and counting stats.  some people never learn.  macnow
    "Anyone pimping Hoskins is not smart." The Fixer, earlier this year. Great call buddy!

(by the way, those are stats for one game, genius)
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Aaaaand the kid went deep again last night!

14 in 30 games, fasted player in MLB history to do that. 3 walks too. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,709
    edited September 2017
    The Fixer said:
    odubel herrera has won the honor of being my most hated phillie ever.  the new rankings

odubel herrera
    bobby abreu
    ryan howard
    doug glanville
    chris coste/sal fasano

that has to be your own person list.  I think these guys are/were hated more than the ones you listed
    J.D. Drew
    Scott Rolen
    Jayson Werth
    Jonathan Papplebon
    Billy Wagner
    Jose Mesa

Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    The Fixer said:

odubel herrera
    bobby abreu
    ryan howard
    doug glanville
    chris coste/sal fasano

that has to be your own person list.  I think these guys are/were hated more than the ones you listed
    J.D. Drew
    Scott Rolen
    Jayson Werth
    Jonathan Papplebon
    Billy Wagner
    Jose Mesa

Did JD Drew actually play for the Phillies?