Pearl Jam and Sonos Celebrate New Partnership With the Release of 'Let's Play Two'

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
edited September 2017 in The Porch
https://pearljam.com/news/pearl-jam-and-sonos-celebrate-new-partnership-with-the-release-of-lets-play-two
Pearl Jam and Sonos Celebrate New Partnership With the Release of 'Let's Play Two'

News September 5 2017

Pearl Jam and Sonos, the leader in home sound and theater systems celebrate a new partnership with the release of the band’s upcoming documentary film, Let’s Play Two. The film highlights Pearl Jam’s legendary performances at Wrigley Field during the Chicago Cubs’ historic 2016 World Series season and premieres in select locations around the world beginning on September 27th. 

Sonos wants to help bring the sounds of Let’s Play Two directly into your home and is offering members of Pearl Jam’s Ten Club (active as of Tuesday, September 5th) 20% off all products including PLAYBAR and PLAYBASE.

Learn More About:

Becoming a Ten Club Member

Sonos Home Speaker and Theater Systems

Tagged:

Comments

• So what do people think of Sonos?  Is the sound good?  I'm not an audiophile and do not play records.  I have a Bose wave music system that I do not like right now. 
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    edited September 2017
    So what do people think of Sonos?  Is the sound good?  I'm not an audiophile and do not play records.  I have a Bose wave music system that I do not like right now. 
    I have the Sonos playbar and 2 Play 1 speakers.  I really like the setup!  Still need to get a sub-woofer.  The only con with them is I wish they had compatible wireless headphones.

I have heard the playbase is pretty cool, so may look into that for my bedroom TV. 
    Post edited by jervin007 on
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    edited September 2017
    I have a couple Play 3s and a a couple play ones as well as a couple Connect Amps (When you have existing speakers you want to use -Like for outdoors).

I love the system. The quality of the sound is fantastic. Sonos is super easy to use, pretty much works with all streaming as well as your computer, phone and iPad. 

My parents have the sound bar and the sub for 7.1 and it sounds very good. I don't think the soundbar is really great for music, but its more than passable. Its a much better speaker than shitty TV speakers though, so its great for TVs and a center speaker in surround.

• BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    I have a 2nd generation play 5 and a number of play 1's throughout my home.  I love them.  20% discount is quite good.  Sonos is offering 15% to everyone effective today until September 15th as it's their fifteenth anniversary, so 20% is a nice move by 10C and Sonos.  :)
    I'm now pondering a Playbase.  They're pricey, but I love them when paired with a Google Play Music subscription, that's how I upload all those PJ bootlegs.
  • this new playbase is intriguing though. I may use the code to get this.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    this new playbase is intriguing though. I may use the code to get this.
    I'm contemplating this too.  Would have been cool if there was some Pearl Jam related Sonos items (I know they did this with Gorillaz), but still 20% is a nice discount.  

The TV base for the playbase is pretty cool too. 
    PJ:
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

• ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    edited September 2017
    this new playbase is intriguing though. I may use the code to get this.

The new PlayBase looks & sounds great! 

Post edited by ItIsAllAboutPJ on
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Is this discount USA only?
  • Who would have thought a partnership with a MUSIC related business would cause so much backlash in the facebook comments. It is quite hilarious the amount of complaints and hate people have towards this move. I know the forums can be complaint central at times, but wow, the things that were said in facebook comments are hilarious. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    This is cool.
    *sees prices*
    Nevermind.

LOL.  Just thought the same thing!  
  • epieepie Posts: 290
    Sonos is pricey but you do get what you pay for.  I have one in just about every room.  Don't overlook the power of the software and music services provided when considering plus a rock solid wireless connection in your home.  It is better than anything out there imo and software very intuitive.   You really see the power of the system too when you have multiple speakers in your home.  I know I sound like a commercial here but if you are on the fence, go for it and you won't be disappointed.  This is a good discount on a product that is rarely discounted.  I too wished there was a limited edition PJ  speaker wrap or design released. That would have been cool.   
    1996 - Columbia, MD & Augusta, ME
    2013 - Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Release)
    2016 - Fenway Park I and II
    2017 - HSCM (EV) Boston, MA
    2018 - Seattle I, Fenway Park I and II
    2021 - Ohana Festival (EV/EV/PJ)
    2022 - EV (Beacon Theater II & Newark)
    2023 - Austin, TX I & II
  • epie said:
    Sonos is pricey but you do get what you pay for.  I have one in just about every room.  Don't overlook the power of the software and music services provided when considering plus a rock solid wireless connection in your home.  It is better than anything out there imo and software very intuitive.   You really see the power of the system too when you have multiple speakers in your home.  I know I sound like a commercial here but if you are on the fence, go for it and you won't be disappointed.  This is a good discount on a product that is rarely discounted.  I too wished there was a limited edition PJ  speaker wrap or design released. That would have been cool.   
    Spot on. I've been thinking about buying for a while and it is never discounted. 
  • DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,436
    Red Lukin said:
    Is this discount USA only?
     I'm also wondering the same. 
    Going to try tonight and see if they will honour the discount In Canada 
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Anybody hook up a turntable to any of this?  Im on the fence for a playbar, sub, and two play1 speakers.... the ability to hook up my turntable to the system would probably sell it
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    Who would have thought a partnership with a MUSIC related business would cause so much backlash in the facebook comments. It is quite hilarious the amount of complaints and hate people have towards this move. I know the forums can be complaint central at times, but wow, the things that were said in facebook comments are hilarious. 
    If I was famous and people were offering me money to advertise their products.   I would probably advertise the products I like and use.  Why not?   Maybe I could use the money to do some good.
    I'm in for a playbase.  Almost bought the sub (have playbar and play 1's for the living room) but this shit adds up quick even with the discount.  baby steps.  
    PJ:

I put Soundbar and wall mount in my cart but when at checkout there is no other option to chose others then USA when asked what country. Going to call there hot line in a little bit for some more info. 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    has anyone seen the ad on tv yet?
    I miss igotid88
  • epieepie Posts: 290
    MayDay10 said:
    Anybody hook up a turntable to any of this?  Im on the fence for a playbar, sub, and two play1 speakers.... the ability to hook up my turntable to the system would probably sell it
    Yes, I have a Play:5 connected to my Audio-Technica LP60.  It sounds great and that connection allows me to stream to all my other Sonos speakers in my home when I play records.
    1996 - Columbia, MD & Augusta, ME
    2013 - Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Release)
    2016 - Fenway Park I and II
    2017 - HSCM (EV) Boston, MA
    2018 - Seattle I, Fenway Park I and II
    2021 - Ohana Festival (EV/EV/PJ)
    2022 - EV (Beacon Theater II & Newark)
    2023 - Austin, TX I & II
  • Sonos is the best thing I own for my house (along with Hue bulbs). Highly recommend them... I have two Play 1's and the Soundbar but I might pick up the bass with this coupon.

'08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Who would have thought a partnership with a MUSIC related business would cause so much backlash in the facebook comments. It is quite hilarious the amount of complaints and hate people have towards this move. I know the forums can be complaint central at times, but wow, the things that were said in facebook comments are hilarious. 
    What are people complaining about?
  • VedHeadVedHead Rockford,IL,USA Posts: 407
    What is the difference between the playbar and playbase? I know the playbase is new and sits under the TV, but my TV is large and > the weight limit.
    I'm trying to think of a really good signature.
    VedHead said:
    What is the difference between the playbar and playbase? I know the playbase is new and sits under the TV, but my TV is large and > the weight limit.

From what I heard the playbar sounds better. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I don't have facebook but my guess is most comments go something like this:
    "Sellouts! Where is the band that used to stand against corporations?"
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    edited September 2017
    I don't have facebook but my guess is most comments go something like this:
    "Sellouts! Where is the band that used to stand against corporations?"
    "What would 1994 Eddie think about this!" :weary:
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • I have a Play5. I HIGHLY recommend it, and Sonos.  Excellent software, easy to use, and the Play5 in particular sounds great.  It can get LOUD!  

I used it for an annual outdoor party in my backyard and multiple friends approached me to ask about it and compliment the sound quality and volume.  I have a Playbase that I have yet to place in service, and will most definitely be buying the Connect to hook my turntable and other devices into my Sonos system. This is an excellent option for seamless music throughout your house w/out paying for wires to be run, in wall/ceiling speakers, and the drywall repairs after ward.

Additionally, Sonos suports their older models with software upgrades after they have stopped producing the hardware, so new features will still be available to you down the road.  Sonos rarely discounts there gear, because they don't have to.  This 20% off is a killer deal!  
    -Greg
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited September 2017
    Have the following:
    in living room setup 2 Play 5, sub, play bar, 2 Play 1 (surround)
    basement have Sonos amps simultaneously with my 7 speaker big screen system with Onkyo receiver (so I can use those same speakers for streaming music from iPhone)
    around house have couple more Play 1
    outside have Sonos connects plugged into amps running Bose round green environment speakers
    can connect them all and have music throughout.  Sounds really good.  Setup is not hard.  Updates via app on iPhone.
    planning on getting Sonos connect to plug in receiver for future record player (hoping to get a Rega planar 6)

only thing i dont like is like is that I can't stream iTunes over wifi.  Can use all other streaming services.  Wife likes iHeartRadio radio.  Can play anything I have already stored on my iPhone.  
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I think I am going to get something... gotta hold off until next week (to see how much my dog's cataract surgery will cost and if he needs it)
  • MayDay10 said:
    Yep. I have one hooked up. You need a Sonos connect to do it. 
This discussion has been closed.