******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    edited August 2017
    pjhawks said:

HOT TAKE FRIDAY!

For rational reasoning of why teams do what they do in training camp and preseason, please refer to...

the last time you brought this up last year

or the time you brought it up in 2016

or the time you brought it up in 2015

or the time you brought it up in 2014

or the time you brought it up in 2013

or the time you brought it up in 2012

or the time you brought it up in 2011

or the time you brought it up in 2010

or the time you brought it up in 2009

or the time you brought it up in 2008

or the time you brought it up in 2007

or the time you brought it up in 2006

yada.yada.yada.verbal.diahrrea.

if you never want me to bring it up again all you have to do is admit what an absurd premise it was when you said pre-season games were important. of course i don't see you doing that so...
    As mentioned before, the reason you lose so many arguments is because you fail to grasp the other person's point of view. Sadly, after 10 years, you still don't. 

Use these threads. There is a plethora of information you can use to educate yourself with. 

Best of luck!
    and i was correct in assuming you wouldn't admit it.  too funny.

let's just get the season started already.

anyway have a nice weekend.

Post edited by pjhawks on
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

HOT TAKE FRIDAY!

For rational reasoning of why teams do what they do in training camp and preseason, please refer to...

the last time you brought this up last year

or the time you brought it up in 2016

or the time you brought it up in 2015

or the time you brought it up in 2014

or the time you brought it up in 2013

or the time you brought it up in 2012

or the time you brought it up in 2011

or the time you brought it up in 2010

or the time you brought it up in 2009

or the time you brought it up in 2008

or the time you brought it up in 2007

or the time you brought it up in 2006

yada.yada.yada.verbal.diahrrea.

if you never want me to bring it up again all you have to do is admit what an absurd premise it was when you said pre-season games were important. of course i don't see you doing that so...
    As mentioned before, the reason you lose so many arguments is because you fail to grasp the other person's point of view. Sadly, after 10 years, you still don't. 

Use these threads. There is a plethora of information you can use to educate yourself with. 

Best of luck!
    and i was correct in assuming you wouldn't admit it.  too funny.

anyway have a nice weekend.

So much information at your disposal here, 'Takes. One of these days my hope is you will stop making a mockery of our education system and you'll retain something.

You too, thanks.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    pjhawks said:

I wish Darby was a few inches taller (and not quite as aggressive). He had good coverage on that first deep ball...jumped a little early but even if he timed it right, I don't think he wouldn't have been able to make the play. Lot of big receivers in this league...

At least he's not as short as Mark McMillian. He was like 5'7

yea sucks he got beat deep in such an important game.

i saw two series and in both Wentz got knocked down. tell me again why it makes any sense to play your starting QB (and other stars) in the pre-season games?  the risk is FAR greater than the reward.  
    I just read that Edelman was carted off the field for the Pats. I agree: i would NOT play these players in a pre-season game.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    I'm gonna miss Dorenbos :disappointed:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Magic is stupid.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Magic is stupid.
    I am starting to think you like boring things

Running the football
    Anti home runs
    Jordan spieth's golf game
    magic is stupid

Any puppies you want to kick?
    Magic is stupid.
    I am starting to think you like boring things

Running the football
    Anti home runs
    Jordan spieth's golf game
    magic is stupid

Any puppies you want to kick?
    Haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    edited September 2017
    It's finally here.  I like roster choices and our PS. I was glad they were able to stash McCallister. He looked really good but probably needs another year to bulk up to take on starting OT's. 

PK on the road v. a team we've lost 5 straight to, hmmm?
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    It's finally here.  I like roster choices and our PS. I was glad they were able to stash McCallister. He looked really good but probably needs another year to bulk up to take on starting OT's. 

PK on the road v. a team we've lost 5 straight to, hmmm?
    very tough start to the schedule with at Wash and at KC.  I think this looks like about a 9-7 team.  Possible playoff team if everything breaks their way as far as health.
    not good news about Jon Dorenbos.  good luck to him.

looking forward to Sunday's game.  Skins games are always tight.  not sure what to expect from this team.  
    pjhawks said:
    not good news about Jon Dorenbos.  good luck to him.

looking forward to Sunday's game.  Skins games are always tight.  not sure what to expect from this team.  
    I saw that. Hope he pulls through.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    edited September 2017

Kind of an ominous article to come out day before season starts:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/9/9/16280036/jim-schwartz-doug-pederson-eagles-head-coach-mike-lombardi-philadelphia-defensive-coordinator-report

At the very least, the optics aren’t favorable. One Eagles staffer said the only coach who probably doesn’t think Schwartz is trying to undercut Pederson is Pederson. Three players, who requested anonymity, said that it’s become well-known in the locker room that Schwartz is waiting to usurp power.

“He walks around the building like he thinks he’s the head coach,” one player said.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Penny is the Sd St RB the eagles should have drafted.  Beast.  Instead we get chad hall's stepbrother
    Also, learn the name stephen carr.  holy smokes he is scary good
    go birds this year, but I think next year is the year.  ginas win the division
    juggler I hope you have upgraded your season tickets by now (or gotten rid of those shitty seats altogether).  years ago you sold me your tickets and they were literally the worst tickets the fixer has had for any sporting or musical event.  I hope things are better for you these days

Kind of an ominous article to come out day before season starts:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/9/9/16280036/jim-schwartz-doug-pederson-eagles-head-coach-mike-lombardi-philadelphia-defensive-coordinator-report

At the very least, the optics aren’t favorable. One Eagles staffer said the only coach who probably doesn’t think Schwartz is trying to undercut Pederson is Pederson. Three players, who requested anonymity, said that it’s become well-known in the locker room that Schwartz is waiting to usurp power.

“He walks around the building like he thinks he’s the head coach,” one player said.

schwartz is a known hard ass.  pederson is a known moron.  

should have kept andy reid.  caveman eagles fans are getting what they deserve
    edited September 2017
    The Fixer said:
    juggler I hope you have upgraded your season tickets by now (or gotten rid of those shitty seats altogether).  years ago you sold me your tickets and they were literally the worst tickets the fixer has had for any sporting or musical event.  I hope things are better for you these days
    Oh, you mean the one's I originally bought when I was in college 17 years ago? Ha. Okay, man. Hey, you know, those Phillies tickets you sold me way out in left field (that you purchased in your mid 30's) sucked too but I'm not still dwelling on that 8 years later like you seem to be at 12:55 am on a Saturday night. You must have had a lot going on last night. 

And....yeah I'm going great, thanks for asking. I'm seemingly doing better than you considering this is what you're up thinking about in the middle of the night. (?) Always nice chatting with you, fella. Love ya!
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    So anyway...I'm saying 8-8. Don't really know what to expect. Like last year, this is all on Doug and Wentz for me. I just want to see improvement with them over last year to have confidence in this team moving forward. I hate that they failed to find a rb in a rb deep draft. Receivers are upgraded but I don't like having so many new faces with a qb looking to grow with a team. Jeffrey always misses time. I don't know. Line looks good. D should be better, but the secondary still blows. Jenkins is getting old. Darby better be really good.

go birds

chinese-happy.jpg
    gameday, go birds!

Yeah i can see them going anywhere from 7-9 to 10-6, we'll see.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    that was a bad looking play, right there.

GO BIRDS!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Darby to miss about half the season

Ugly one today. Win's a win though. Birds!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Big win to start off for you.  Always a happier day in our house when Birds win.  (If they ever won a SB I bet I'd get head for a week :lol:)
    QB makes some foolish throws but they did pretty well.  A good thing Cousins couldn't hit any of those bomb attempts.
    Stephen Carr is a badass.  A hell of a 1-2 punch at RB.
    Our boy Nelson did ok for you today as well.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Darby to miss about half the season

Ugly one today. Win's a win though. Birds!
    half the  season i thought i heard all the season?  that play was tough to watch. some good plays, some bad.  like you said a win is a win though.

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    first off let me comment on that article about Schwartz. good to see good journalism is alive and well. i mean it's great to get breaking news that 1) Schwartz is an arrogant prick and 2) an assistant coach, who used to be a head coach in the NFL, wants to be head coach.  wow great stuff there (insert sarcasm emoji here).

as for the game offense left a lot of plays out there.  Wentz has to be better on the deep ball. missed 3 of them. really only Ertz and Agholor were better than average on offense today.

did anyone not think the missed extra point was going to end up killing this team today?

d-line was great especially Graham and Cox.  Skins receivers are pretty average but nice to see the D pretty much handle them all day.

nice to see the Birds get a gift on the Cox touchdown. no way that was a fumble.  just atrocious.

the only thing more annoying than all the commercials on NFL games are seeing Mike Perreira and Dean Blandino. if Fox pays those idiots more than $25 for what they provide they are idiots.  99% of the time they are on they are worthless.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    Big win to start off for you.  Always a happier day in our house when Birds win.  (If they ever won a SB I bet I'd get head for a week :lol:)

only if the juggler stopped by.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

haha. F U Wob
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Jordan Hicks career games played: 25
    Jordan Hicks career takeaways: 12

Man, if this kid could only stay healthy.....

chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Wobbie said:

You always have your place at the fwont of the line, Wobbie.  ;)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Nice win. Play calling is suspect. Blount had a couple 6-7 yard gains and immediately was pulled from the game. Twice he got the ball 3 straight plays and couldn't get the 1st. Wentz seemed inaccurate at times but still had a good completion %. Agholor had a nice opener last year then went into the shitter again. Hopefully he's turned it around this year. D was good. Darby's ankle shouldn't bend that way.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Darby out only 4-6 weeks would be nice. Sturgis is most likely gone.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    foolish me i thought it would at least take a loss for the media and fans to start bitching about the run-pass ratio.