what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Everything about moving sucks.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Granted, it's been over 25 years since I moved and it can be a very stressful experience depending on circumstances, but it can also be freeing and nostalgic...going through your stuff, the memories, clearing out the waste, etc.  Starting anew.

My mind has been a bit too full lately.  I'd rather that than it be empty, but jeesh.
    hedonist said:
    Granted, it's been over 25 years since I moved and it can be a very stressful experience depending on circumstances, but it can also be freeing and nostalgic...going through your stuff, the memories, clearing out the waste, etc.  Starting anew.

My mind has been a bit too full lately.  I'd rather that than it be empty, but jeesh.
    True. I got a lot done today. It feels great to downsize and get rid of a bunch of stuff that you don't need anymore. It's always fun looking at old photo albums and finding things you forgot you had. I've felt like a 90 year old grandmother trying to give all her stuff away lately lol.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    hedonist said:

True. I got a lot done today. It feels great to downsize and get rid of a bunch of stuff that you don't need anymore. It's always fun looking at old photo albums and finding things you forgot you had. I've felt like a 90 year old grandmother trying to give all her stuff away lately lol.
    Most things about moving sucks, but I agree with Hedo - it can be freeing.

And the last time I moved I rediscovered a lot of wonderful books as I unpacked them and put them on the new shelves, so there's that. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    ^You got this Oceans ;)

I let life take me where it wanted to go this week and ended up exactly where I needed to be.
    Rock the fuck on, HF!

For my babe - I don't want no other babe but you (refuse to call him "baby"- but holy hell this is beyond gorgeous and filling tonight)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsb_ycpikp0

^You got this Oceans ;)

I let life take me where it wanted to go this week and ended up exactly where I needed to be.
    Precisely.

"We don't take a trip. A trip takes us."

Central Park 15

• ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    2pac
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    brianlux said:
    I just read something that brought on a flood of memory that hit me like I got in the way of an NFL linebacker.  Me chest feels like it's being crushed...
    Hope you're okay (((hugs)))
    Thanks!  Doing much better tonight.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Agreed!  I hope it goes as well as possible!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:
    Agreed!  I hope it goes as well as possible!
    Thanks Brian.
    Central Park 15

• i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited August 2017
    Three hour Lecture on Semiotics at University...
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
    hedonist said:
    Rock the fuck on, HF!

For my babe - I don't want no other babe but you (refuse to call him "baby"- but holy hell this is beyond gorgeous and filling tonight)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsb_ycpikp0

IT has been Rocked Hedo!!  :rock_on: ^Cool song! And yeah...it's ok to let "baby" slip every once in a while.. ;)

Being in nature this week grounded and put me in such a phenomenal mindspace.  Really hoping to continue this feeling when the bottom of reality drops out Monday morning.
    ^You got this Oceans ;)

Precisely.

"We don't take a trip. A trip takes us."

And enjoy yours ;)
    Thanks HF! :)
    Central Park 15

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Just found out I'm going to be an auntie again in the spring. :heart::joy:=)
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    I'm travelling to Glasgow for a bit of a Pearl Jam meet up on Saturday and I'm very nervous about it. There are a couple of people I'm looking forward to meeting but more that I'm desperate to avoid! Kind of regretting deciding to go but having booked and paid for it all I'm not going to back out now
    Congratulations to you and the expectant parents :smile:
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    YAY! Congrats!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    So loving on Triumph, Senor Insult Comic Dog, right now.  Like laughing as I would at Carlin or any of his ilk.

A brilliant and Rickles-like little fucker.

edited August 2017
    I'm floating 10 feet off the ground.  After three years of hard work, seven revisions and a detailed final edit, my music memoir is ready to sent to the printer!  Whoo hoo!

• AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    I'm travelling to Glasgow for a bit of a Pearl Jam meet up on Saturday and I'm very nervous about it. There are a couple of people I'm looking forward to meeting but more that I'm desperate to avoid! Kind of regretting deciding to go but having booked and paid for it all I'm not going to back out now
    Relax and have a good time, to be honest I would be a little nervous as well it's nothing wrong with that. You will probably meet a bunch of cool and great people, have fun!
    Annafalk said:
    Relax and have a good time, to be honest I would be a little nervous as well it's nothing wrong with that. You will probably meet a bunch of cool and great people, have fun!
    Thank you, I suppose if worse comes to worst I can always leave!
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    brianlux said:
    I'm floating 10 feet off the ground.  After three years of hard work, seven revisions and a detailed final edit, my music memoir is ready to sent to the printer!  Whoo hoo!
    Excellent, Brian! :triumph:

Knowing when a piece is done can be the toughest part of the writing process.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Hobbes said:
    Knowing when a piece is done can be the toughest part of the writing process.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited September 2017
    I have nothing on my mind by choice (it's all pushed behind the gate that lets me be).  That should hold for a bit.

So happy I came into this thread. In just the two pages I read I have seen names i have known since i joined 4 1/2 years ago. I haven't been on much, but that is true of all sites and places since my diagnosis. When I do come here, it's so nice to see how people are - or just to see a known avatar of a person I have cyber affection for.

So happy for you brianlux - that must be such an accomplished feeling!!

Congratulations northerndragon - being an Aunt is a wonderful thing. 

jnimhaoileion - I would be in a panic in the same situation. Sounds like a great idea, then when the time comes to do so you think 'what the hell?'. I admire you for stepping out of your comfort zone to meet people that you know only through this type of communication. In other places of the internet I have made some life long friends. I also have met people that I realized that I was just not clicking with. You can always meet them and if it feels weird - go your own way. Good luck!!!!

I see you hedonist and PJ_Soul and Pap (one of my first 'friends' in the rate the song thread!!! Hope you are well!) and Annafalk  and smallest ocean and cuddly Hobbes. You all put a smile on my face. Especially the names i forgot to include. 
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    njnancy said:
    I have nothing on my mind by choice (it's all pushed behind the gate that lets me be).  That should hold for a bit.

So happy I came into this thread. In just the two pages I read I have seen names i have known since i joined 4 1/2 years ago. I haven't been on much, but that is true of all sites and places since my diagnosis. When I do come here, it's so nice to see how people are - or just to see a known avatar of a person I have cyber affection for.

So happy for you brianlux - that must be such an accomplished feeling!!

Congratulations northerndragon - being an Aunt is a wonderful thing. 

jnimhaoileion - I would be in a panic in the same situation. Sounds like a great idea, then when the time comes to do so you think 'what the hell?'. I admire you for stepping out of your comfort zone to meet people that you know only through this type of communication. In other places of the internet I have made some life long friends. I also have met people that I realized that I was just not clicking with. You can always meet them and if it feels weird - go your own way. Good luck!!!!

I see you hedonist and PJ_Soul and Pap (one of my first 'friends' in the rate the song thread!!! Hope you are well!) and Annafalk  and smallest ocean and cuddly Hobbes. You all put a smile on my face. Especially the names i forgot to include. 

glad to see you back on here.

hope everything is well.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Thanks lolo - nice to see you. 

'and though i may disappear from out of  view, I will never say good bye' . I know that it's wrong but that's how I sing it when I don't have throw your arms around me playing.  And it pops into my mind about my social media and personal connections. I just can't get on sometimes, but the days that I do it makes me feel good. 

I struggle with my situation and illness but I am a survivor and if not for the fear that I may never really have a relationship with my son again, I could pull out of this easier. I'm doing alright though. I'm alive, I'm communicating today, I'm taking care of mom and I may leave the house today. So I can't complain. I hope you are doing okay. 
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    There are still good and true friends..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..