Queens of the Stone Age

Comments

• kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    Did anybody get a sticker sheet with their album?
    Yes, with the deluxe LP.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Dude, you kill me. Stuff first, music second? Haha!! Such a collector! :lol:
    I opened it first and saw this in there.  I'll listen to it over the weekend.  I'm seeing these guys twice coming up and I'll be in GA both times.  Where will you be when they are touring?
    I got the sticker sheet. I'll be in GA at Red Rocks.
    #FHP
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    edited August 2017
    Horos said:
    I opened it first and saw this in there.  I'll listen to it over the weekend.  I'm seeing these guys twice coming up and I'll be in GA both times.  Where will you be when they are touring?
    Will be seeing QOTSA at Cal Jam and going to Red Rocks as well. I'll have an extra GA ticket for Red Rocks if anybody's interested.
    Post edited by kasedoug on
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Horos said:
    kasedoug said:
    Horos said:
    Will be seeing QOTSA at Cal Jam and going to Red Rocks as well. I'll have an extra GA ticket for Red Rocks if anybody's interested.
    Let us know how that Red Rocks concert is!

I'm lucky enough to be seeing them in Portchester which is an 1800 seat theatre.  Not sure how they are doing GA yet but I can't wait!
    kasedoug said:
    Horos said:
    I also have an extra for Red Rocks if someone needs a pair.
    #FHP
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited August 2017
    Oh man, I wish I could afford to get my ass to Red Rocks. :frowning:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    Do it! 
    #FHP
    edited August 2017
    Horos said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Do it! 
    I want to enough that I just looked up flights and hotels for Denver, lol. But such a trip would run me at least $1000 CAD, and I just can't responsibly afford it at the moment. :frowning: .... And yet, I'm still looking at flights..... It's moments like this that got me into the debt I just paid my way out of. :lol:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    I like the new album.  I will be seeing them for the first time next Wednesday in Port Chester, NY and am looking forward to the show.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Yefa said:
    I like the new album.  I will be seeing them for the first time next Wednesday in Port Chester, NY and am looking forward to the show.
    @Yefa are you doing GA?
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    I have come around on the album.  Enjoying Fortress,  Villains, and Unreborn again.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    fortress is actually my least favourite track. possibly one of my least favourites of theirs ever. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    fortress is actually my least favourite track. possibly one of my least favourites of theirs ever. 
    Hate to say this, but I really don't like the record. I think I built it up in my head too much or something. Maybe I'm not as big a fan as I thought I was? I am going to take it in to my local and trade it for something else. Just that feeling I know won't change. Hmm. Anyway.
    www.cluthelee.com
    edited August 2017
    Hate to say this, but I really don't like the record. I think I built it up in my head too much or something. Maybe I'm not as big a fan as I thought I was? I am going to take it in to my local and trade it for something else. Just that feeling I know won't change. Hmm. Anyway.
    Bummer. :frowning: I think it's really really good! .... Maybe you should give it some time anyway, before trading it in. FWIW, it took me 3 years to figure out that I liked The previous The War On Drugs album, and I never expected it would happen. ;)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,067
    yes in the indie version
  • FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    My fellow "...Like Clockwork is one of the top 5 albums of all time" say it ain't so?  I'll be honest, I'm scared to play Villains.  I just don't know how to go from the last album that I play daily to this day to the new album.  I played side A one day and then played side B the next day and finally side C days later.  Side C hit me nice, so I'll go back and play completely through and hope the whole album hits me nice.  Wish me luck.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I am going to pick this up next week - it'll be a good kids go back to school album - still have not heard a tune from it yet - anyone have a spare Grand Rapids ticket? :)
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    Day 7. Un-reborn Again still fucking my shit up.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 773
    Mike D88 said:
    Day 7. Un-reborn Again still fucking my shit up.
    I cannot stop listening to this song...I have no words. Phenomenal
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • I've listened through just once, and I think this album is stunning... classic QOTSA while at the same time moving forward & taking risks. Hommes is one of my top 3 songwriters of all time, no one writes the way he writes, and this album does not disappoint. 

Head Like a Haunted House is F'ing phenomenal. 

I cant wait for late October, I have b2b shows in Boston & Portland, that's going to be one hell of a weekend. 

& yeah, I also got a sticker sheet w/ my deluxe vinyl from Matador.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    My car radio died and now my Villians cd is stuck in there.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    JK_Livin said:
    My car radio died and now my Villians cd is stuck in there.
    Hmm, Villains of Circumstance?
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • I've listened through just once, and I think this album is stunning... classic QOTSA while at the same time moving forward & taking risks. Hommes is one of my top 3 songwriters of all time, no one writes the way he writes, and this album does not disappoint. 

Head Like a Haunted House is F'ing phenomenal. 

I cant wait for late October, I have b2b shows in Boston & Portland, that's going to be one hell of a weekend. 

& yeah, I also got a sticker sheet w/ my deluxe vinyl from Matador.
    I can't wait to put this on the platter this weekend!  Oh and admire my stickers too @2feignreluctance
  • So I've been busy and haven't had a chance to grab this (or listen yet).  Has the deluxe LP changed on the QOTSA site?  When I first looked, it included a shirt and pin which I didn't want.  Now it looks like it has more stuff w/o the shirt/pin but now $45.00.  Should I think about getting the deluxe elsewhere or through their site?
  • I hear lots of eagles of death metal on this record. Not a bad thing, but it's noticeable to me.
  • reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    DewieCox said:
    reesdog said:
    DewieCox said:
    tbergs said:
    It really is amazing the level of quality over Clockwork and now Villains. They are like on an epic level that few bands attain. I know they are two different bands, but I wish PJ would get this creative and wild in the studio. 
    Agreed. Haven't heard anything ground breaking from PJ since Binaural, which is my favorite. To me this album is their Binaural. It will alienate some, but others will love it, me being one. I love the theme and focus of the album. Hommes' vocals and lyrics are his best in my opinion. Domesticated Animals is the most relevant lyrical song on the album and it's phenomenal. I finally am confident in saying it is better than any of their previous work. Amazing piece of music even after 20 years.
    There is no way Villains sniffs their top 3 albums.  

Agreed . I've been working my way through their catalog and while I really like Villains, it's bring up the rear compared to their previous work. Doesnt have the consistency or the high points of the albums with which I'm familiar, and that's all but S/T.
    Can I just say, do yourself a favour Dewie and have a listen to S/T, for me it's in their top two records with Rated R, it's so good..
    Definitely aim to. Been shuffling their catalog while I mow this summer and it's the last album to pique my interest. I'm getting old and it takes awhile to get in a mood for the heavier stuff.
    Fair enough, I must be weird, the older I get the heavier my tastes become, plus I really like repetitious songs like quite a few of them are on S/T..
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,848
    edited September 2017
     I don't know... I just don't hear/feel what is so spectacular about this album, then again, I felt and still feel the same way about their last one. I guess I'm just still lost in their first 3-4 albums. I dig a few tracks off the last two but that's it. All good though, still a great fucking band/singer with revolving musicians.
    Post edited by Attaway77 on
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Sticker sheet? Wtf? I ordered the deluxe but have no idea with all this crap that showed up in the thing whatnis what.  What's it look like?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Just listened to this album.  Really good on first listen. Whomever posted about Un-reborn again, yes, I dig that one too.
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Sticker sheet? Wtf? I ordered the deluxe but have no idea with all this crap that showed up in the thing whatnis what.  What's it look like?

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170