Tool

Comments

• manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Soundcheck = Eulogy, The Grudge....
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,290
    Soundcheck = Eulogy, The Grudge....
    That is what was the soundcheck for Saint Paul also
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• I should be there right now.

What a dumbass.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,623
    Had a great time at The Gorge show. Let's get the small disappointments out first. Pretty much an identical set to Boston Calling except for full Parabol/a Decension and drum solo. Also Maynard's voice was shot after Third Eye. He mailed it in after that.

The venue itself was as beautiful as I had hoped. A sunnier day would have been nice especially during the sunset but still nice overall. I was on the Lawn as close as you could get right in the middle and the sound was superb. I really expected it to be louder though to be honest though still loud enough. The light show from that vantage point was unbelievable. The crowd itself was good and getting out wasn't too bad. Overall very happy I went though the post show feeling I get is satisfication and no desire to see them again anytime soon. With Pearl Jam I always have post show blues and want to see another one. Not mixing the set up probably does that.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    PJNB said:
    Had a great time at The Gorge show. Let's get the small disappointments out first. Pretty much an identical set to Boston Calling except for full Parabol/a Decension and drum solo. Also Maynard's voice was shot after Third Eye. He mailed it in after that.

The venue itself was as beautiful as I had hoped. A sunnier day would have been nice especially during the sunset but still nice overall. I was on the Lawn as close as you could get right in the middle and the sound was superb. I really expected it to be louder though to be honest though still loud enough. The light show from that vantage point was unbelievable. The crowd itself was good and getting out wasn't too bad. Overall very happy I went though the post show feeling I get is satisfication and no desire to see them again anytime soon. With Pearl Jam I always have post show blues and want to see another one. Not mixing the set up probably does that.
    Nice! I feel the same after the Bangor / Boston shows, I've seen them enough times. If they come around again & it's convenient, I'll definitely go see them, but I won't be going way out of my way for them. 

Im jealous you got to the Gorge, I was just telling my wife it's on my bucket list. 
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,900
    If anyone is going to the show San Bernardino on the 24th and has never listened to Clutch, I'd be interested to hear your impressions.  Very jealous of anyone going to that show!
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
    PJNB said:

Nice! I feel the same after the Bangor / Boston shows, I've seen them enough times. If they come around again & it's convenient, I'll definitely go see them, but I won't be going way out of my way for them. 

Im jealous you got to the Gorge, I was just telling my wife it's on my bucket list. 
    Ya really glad I did it though I am paying for the traveling right now and am heading to Italy on Wednesday for the solo shows. If PJ goes to The Gorge nothing would stop me from making the trip. 
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    iammine16 said:
    Awesome show last night in Vancouver! 6th time seeing them and they did not dissapoint. I was very happy to see the poster in red instead of the standard black!

Love the red background on this. I may be suckered into buying one if they do something similar for Gorge tonight. Don't mind the parasites but the red background really makes it pop. Would look great in the same room I have my TOOL @ Red Rocks 2 night set displayed. TOOL @ Red Rocks and now The Gorge....hell yeah!!!
    I got one of these signed as well.
    Too bad they put a crease in it when they rolled it :(

-Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    That's beautiful. Maybe before i leave this planet, I might just make it there hopefully.
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 773
    RobbyD462 said:

Love that Vancouver got the red poster...I can't stop looking at mine!
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    edited June 2017
    Went to San Jose and Sacramento. The sound at the new Golden 1 Center in Sac is amazing. Like others, I wish they changed their set a little more. Nothing from Undertow is criminal. Playing Eulogy at only one show is a little hard to take. But the show is so visually stimulating that it doesn't really matter.
  • THE LOOKTHE LOOK Posts: 324
    I wish I could go see Tool anytime that I wanted to, even with the same setlist pretty much the same at every show. Kids and work prevents any traveling that I used to do, back in the day. It is just an overall stimulating experience! Worth every penny!
    Bigfoot is blurry.
    - Mitch Hedberg
  • I got my signed Vancouver poster framed and am fishing for compliments. Here it is:

• Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Awesome!
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I got my signed Vancouver poster framed and am fishing for compliments. Here it is:

Awesome job, hoping to do mine soon
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Thanks people!

I'm really digging it. I could tell the wife wasn't super thrilled (like I knew she wouldn't be)... but I unveiled it with such enthusiasm she'd basically be the grinch telling me it isn't going up lol.

Steeler... post a pic whenever you get yours done please!
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    Ya know.....only the coolest, most well adjusted people get to have such cool framed posters. Something tells me you are such a person. 

Being Canadian doesn't hurt, either. 

Seriously, well done!
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • dudeman said:
    Ya know.....only the coolest, most well adjusted people get to have such cool framed posters. Something tells me you are such a person. 

Being Canadian doesn't hurt, either. 

Seriously, well done!
    Lol

Cheers dude!
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    Thanks people!

I'm really digging it. I could tell the wife wasn't super thrilled (like I knew she wouldn't be)... but I unveiled it with such enthusiasm she'd basically be the grinch telling me it isn't going up lol.

Well played w/ the Mrs, and great frame job... I kind of regret not getting at least the regular print at Bangor or Boston. 

• Thanks people!

Well played w/ the Mrs, and great frame job... I kind of regret not getting at least the regular print at Bangor or Boston. 

As per our previous discussion... I had to come in right from the outset with a game plan. Thanks for recognizing my skilled work there!

No regrets though. Guaranteed there'll be another poster that presents itself to you which will easily fill the void.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with the 15-20 posters I'm currently storing in my portfolio. At the time, it seemed important to have them. Now? Not so much,

Anyways... cheers.
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    Thanks people!

As per our previous discussion... I had to come in right from the outset with a game plan. Thanks for recognizing my skilled work there!

No regrets though. Guaranteed there'll be another poster that presents itself to you which will easily fill the void.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with the 15-20 posters I'm currently storing in my portfolio. At the time, it seemed important to have them. Now? Not so much,

Anyways... cheers.
    Nice work Del, the edmonton poster is similar, but dark, I love the red!
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    I'm sooo ready for new music from these guys. Was listening to 10,000 Days today and thought, "Every one of their albums is a masterpiece".

Not too many bands I would say that about. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • scurtis said:
    Thanks people!

Anyways... cheers.
    Nice work Del, the edmonton poster is similar, but dark, I love the red!
    Cheers, Steve!

If you get yours framed up... post here please!
  • The full Governor's Ball show is up on YouTube, and it's pretty F'ing great. 

Man... that extended version of Opiate is so damn good. 
    edited September 2017
    The full Governor's Ball show is up on YouTube, and it's pretty F'ing great. 

Thanks for the heads up! I will have to check that out. Opiate kicks ass! Any good vids of Boston Calling yet?
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • dudeman said:
    I'm sooo ready for new music from these guys. Was listening to 10,000 Days today and thought, "Every one of their albums is a masterpiece".

And completely different masterpieces. 10,000 Days was so damn good. I wonder what the new album would sound like.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    dudeman said:

it's been long overdue.  11 years! Hopefully soon
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • PJNB said:
    The full Governor's Ball show is up on YouTube, and it's pretty F'ing great. 

Thanks for the heads up! I will have to check that out. Opiate kicks ass! Any good vids of Boston Calling yet?
    Not that I'm aware of, but I haven't looked that extensively.