Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm assuming the new album will be out around Nov/Dec and its gonna be the next vault. Like Lazaretto.

Then a large tour in 2018
    Is this a hope or something that you have heard?
    Just speculation, but the timing of it seems to fit.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    ok so you guys know I'm a newbie when it comes to jack white so be patient.
    1.  The white stripes are officially broken up and I have close to a zero percent chance of seeing them live.  True or false?
    2.  The raconteurs were a two album band and are broken up and I have close to a zero percent chance of seeing them live.  True or false?
    3.  Jack White now plays solo and it's the only way I will see him play live.  True or false?

lol, thanks guys.
    Mike

by the way I love the acoustic album!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    True - unlikely
    False
    Falsish based on #2.  there's no reason to believe they will never do another Racon record again.  You could always see him with Dead Weather too.
    mrussel1 said:
    True - unlikely
    False
    Falsish based on #2.  there's no reason to believe they will never do another Racon record again.  You could always see him with Dead Weather too.
    Cool.  Thanks for the info!
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    mcgruff10 said:
    1.  The white stripes are officially broken up and I have close to a zero percent chance of seeing them live.  True or false?
    2.  The raconteurs were a two album band and are broken up and I have close to a zero percent chance of seeing them live.  True or false?
    3.  Jack White now plays solo and it's the only way I will see him play live.  True or false?

lol, thanks guys.
    Mike

The only thing for certain is that he will never play in Philly again no matter who he's playing with.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    JK_Livin said:
    mcgruff10 said:

lol, thanks guys.
    Mike

The only thing for certain is that he will never play in Philly again no matter who he's playing with.
    Really? Why's that? Did Philly piss him off?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    JK_Livin said:
    mcgruff10 said:

lol, thanks guys.
    Mike

why what happened in philly?!
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    I do t think anyone really knows. It's all speculation. But he hasn't played there since 2002
  • And remember he plays songs from all the bands at his solo shows..  
    Atlanta 2003
    Columbia 2008
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Greenville 2016
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Something happened during one of his shows but I've yet to find the reason why.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    And remember he plays songs from all the bands at his solo shows..  
    great point!  Is he someone who varies his set lists or are they pretty much the same every night?
    mcgruff10 said:
    great point!  Is he someone who varies his set lists or are they pretty much the same every night?
    Some variation..not like Bruce or PJ.  He is kind of like the Foos. There will be 10 to 15 songs you can count on,  then some variation.  Plays about 2 hours in my experience. 
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    mcgruff10 said:
    During the Blunderbuss tour, he varied his band on a nightly basis, going all female (Peacocks) one night, and all male (Buzzards) the next night.
    Lazaretto he toured with the same band, a combination of players from the above two.
    From the pics TMR posted of him recording his third solo album in NY and LA, it looks like he'll have different players again if/when he tours.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    I'm assuming the new album will be out around Nov/Dec and its gonna be the next vault. Like Lazaretto.

Let's just hope the new album is better than Lazaretto...
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:

goldrush said:

What didn't you like about lazaretto?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    goldrush said:

I really like Lazaretto, so yeah, let's hope the next one is even better so it completely blows my mind. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    I loved Lazaretto too, although I think Blunderbuss was slightly better.  I will miss Lillie Mae on tour though...
  • Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 889
    8" and 13" released up in the vault.
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Pretty good deal for a nice LP case if anyone needs one.  Use code seeyasummer for an exra 30% off.

http://thirdmanstore.com/leather-lp-box
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
    mcgruff10 said:
    goldrush said:

goldrush said:

Pretty much all of it to be honest! I've been a JW fan since White Blood Cells, and I loved Blunderbuss so I had high hopes for Lazaretto. I just think it ended up being more style than substance, personally. The fancy packaging and hype around the vinyl almost hid the fact that the songs just weren't strong enough.

I'm still looking forward to the new record - two 'bad' records (I wasn't a fan of Icky Thump either) can't take away from all of other cool shit he's put out over the years.

(Tim Rogers)
    edited September 2017
    goldrush said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    goldrush said:

goldrush said:

Pretty much all of it to be honest! I've been a JW fan since White Blood Cells, and I loved Blunderbuss so I had high hopes for Lazaretto. I just think it ended up being more style than substance, personally. The fancy packaging and hype around the vinyl almost hid the fact that the songs just weren't strong enough.

I'm still looking forward to the new record - two 'bad' records (I wasn't a fan of Icky Thump either) can't take away from all of other cool shit he's put out over the years.
    That makes sense. I absolutely love blunderbuss but not as much as lazaretto. I am really excited for his next solo release. Do you like raconteurs and dead whether?

Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    mcgruff10 said:
    goldrush said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    goldrush said:

goldrush said:

That makes sense. I absolutely love blunderbuss but not as much as lazaretto. I am really excited for his next solo release. Do you like raconteurs and dead whether?

Yeah, I loved the Raconteurs and Dead Weather albums - it's about time for a new Raconteurs record actually!

(Tim Rogers)
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    When is the new vault supposed to ship?
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    When is the new vault supposed to ship?

I think they said December or January.
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• When is the new vault supposed to ship?
    before the end of this month.

• derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited September 2017

My bad...
    thought you were talking about PJ Vault #7.

#D'oh

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Some pictures from the Detroit location.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    All I got was this coffee mug...
  • All I got was this coffee mug...
    I got a rock...

All I got was this coffee mug...
    I got a rock...

I had the same Charlie Brown quote going through my head when I saw that..