Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Horse2345 said:
    JK_Livin said:
    If anyone wants to sign up under me, I'll split the stash with you.
    http://thirdmanstore.com/thevault/home/show/vault-33-referral-giveaway

What exactly is this? I'm thinking of signing up for the icky thump pack.
    They're giving away an extra prize pack this quarter. Every vault member has one entry. If a vault member gets someone else to sign up, they both get 50 extra entries for the bonus prize pack.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Hobbes said:
    Great news!  The band appears to be completely different.  I don't even see Lillie Mae..   The one girl in the second photo I recognize from Blunderbuss tour, when he was doing a female band one night, male the other.  Otherwise, appears to be totally different.  
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Wonder if that could be the next Vault?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    I am looking for sealed vinyl/mint package. Shipping to the US.

Vault Package 20
    Vault Package 22
    Vault Package 28
    Get me behind Satan (colored RSD)
    Peel sessions (colored RSD)
    Jack White Acoustic (colored)

Any help would be very much appreciated, please PM me.
    I have an unopened Peel Session sitting around.  Have all the others too, but the only one I would possibly be willing to part with is the colored acoustic.  It is opened though.
  • RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,579
    PJ live at TMR poster available  in Vault Novelties.
  • BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    RW8297 said:
    Wow!
    site crashed
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    RW8297 said:
    Wow!
    Nice! That Jack/Loretta Lynn poster that popped up along w/ PJ is on my grail list as I was at the show...wish I coulda snagged one!
    I managed to grab one before the crash.  Thanks for the notice.
  • BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    I like the Crow RSD poster but not for $150...
    I could never get on.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    what do you guys think of the jack white acoustic album?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's fine... Most of it is stuff we have already of course.  I do really like the blue grass versions of the Raconteurs stuff on record #2.  That's the highlight for me.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's fine... Most of it is stuff we have already of course.  I do really like the blue grass versions of the Raconteurs stuff on record #2.  That's the highlight for me.  
    I think it's great - better than fine. I really nice compilation of his work on vinyl. But yeah, there aren't any surprises on it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I think it's great - better than fine. I really nice compilation of his work on vinyl. But yeah, there aren't any surprises on it.
    I agree that I like having all of the mellow stuff in one place, one sitting.  I guess i was just commenting that the audio quality didn't seem like an improvement vs what's available.  I would really like PJ to release something similar.  I'd love to have all of their mellow stuff together on vinyl (not named Benny).  Sometimes I only want to listen to something chill.  
    So Third Man Customer Service is great!  I ordered the PJ/TMR print yesterday.  It came to $100 + $12 shipping.  Of course I was in a hurry to check out because I knew they would be gone soon.  So I missed the banner that said "free shipping on orders over $100".  Well dammit if I didn't come up a penny short.  So I emailed asking for mercy and maybe letting me throw some stuff on my order or crediting the shipping.  And sure enough they gave ma $12 refund.  Very nice!  I've dealt with them a few times and they've always been great.  
    edited August 2017
    mrussel1 said:
    So Third Man Customer Service is great!  I ordered the PJ/TMR print yesterday.  It came to $100 + $12 shipping.  Of course I was in a hurry to check out because I knew they would be gone soon.  So I missed the banner that said "free shipping on orders over $100".  Well dammit if I didn't come up a penny short.  So I emailed asking for mercy and maybe letting me throw some stuff on my order or crediting the shipping.  And sure enough they gave ma $12 refund.  Very nice!  I've dealt with them a few times and they've always been great.  
    For sure, their customer service can't be beat! I am sometimes tempted to compare 10C to them (wherein 10C loses big time on most things as far as business practices go), but I hesitate because I'm not sure if the sales volume or staffing levels are anywhere near comparable..... I'm thinking TMR may be way bigger with way more money behind it, allowing them the resources to achieve such a good level of customer service and affordable shipping and efficiency, but actually I have no real clue about the sales volume of either one. It's probably not a fair comparison anyway, since 10C is a fan club and TMR is a record label/manufacturer with a kinda-sorta fan club embedded into it.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,579
    TMR runs their business the way they do it right now from the beggining. They are the best. It has nothing's to do with their sale's numbers. It's the attitude.
    edited August 2017
    RW8297 said:
    TMR runs their business the way they do it right now from the beggining. They are the best. It has nothing's to do with their sale's numbers. It's the attitude.
    Yeah, you're right. Their difference in attitude is palpable. 10C's attitude often comes off like they think they're doing us a favour, and tough shit if we don't like how they do something, while TMR acts like we are valued customers. (don't get me wrong, I still like some of what 10C does.... not hating on them, just stating facts).
    For whatever reason, I've ordered twice the number of items from 10C than TMR, but have had more "issues" with TMR (not necessarily their fault).  I haven't had any 10C issues and they've always replied fairly promptly.  

I'm pretty sure that 10C handles FAR more transactions than TMR to be honest.  One anecdotal piece of evidence is that Jack White told a friend (video gremmie, for those that know him) that the TMR/PJ vinyl was by far their highest selling Vault.  And that's obviously because the PJ people came flooding over.  Throw in all of the mystery sales, 10C tickets (huge difference) and I really don't think that TMR sells nearly as much merchandise as PJ.  There's just so much more activity over here than there.  IMO...
    edited August 2017
    mrussel1 said:
    For whatever reason, I've ordered twice the number of items from 10C than TMR, but have had more "issues" with TMR (not necessarily their fault).  I haven't had any 10C issues and they've always replied fairly promptly.  

I'm pretty sure that 10C handles FAR more transactions than TMR to be honest.  One anecdotal piece of evidence is that Jack White told a friend (video gremmie, for those that know him) that the TMR/PJ vinyl was by far their highest selling Vault.  And that's obviously because the PJ people came flooding over.  Throw in all of the mystery sales, 10C tickets (huge difference) and I really don't think that TMR sells nearly as much merchandise as PJ.  There's just so much more activity over here than there.  IMO...
    But don't forget that TMR has many different artists on its label and also has The White Stripes factor (who has more monthly listeners on Spotify than PJ does, FWIW), and they sell records for all of them, not just for the Vault series. I think that if TMR is producing enough to justify or afford their own vinyl pressing plant, they probably have more sales than 10C overall, but 10C just has more members than TMR does Vault subscribers, which is all that comment Jack White supposedly made includes. Also, there is a fair bit of merch in TMR's shop; that wouldn't be the case if they didn't have a solid market for it. But it's all just speculation, obviously. (FWIW, I was not including concert ticket sales. I'm thinking of that as a separate thing... it's also something that all bands do, and whether it's a lot of tix or few, I don't see why it should vary too much between businesses if they are using Ticketmaster/Live Nation for the majority of their ticket sales .... I do know that TMR's Vault subscribers are offered an early entry GA lottery for Jack's shows, which is awesome).
    edited August 2017
    Btw, somewhat in context, Jack White had another one of his vault chats today - he just randomly goes into the chat room available to the vault subscribers and chats with them. They tweet it out just before he does it. I think that's really cool.... I wish PJ would do stuff like that more often. That time Jeff did that Twitter chat thing was cool, although it wasn't managed that well - for some reason he or whoever was running it refused to use the hashtag for Jeff's replies, even after people requested they do so, and you couldn't follow the chat properly.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    PJ_Soul said:
    Btw, somewhat in context, Jack White had another one of his vault chats today - he just randomly goes into the chat room available to the vault subscribers and chats with them. They tweet it out just before he does it. I think that's really cool.... I wish PJ would do stuff like that more often. That time Jeff did that Twitter chat thing was cool, although it wasn't managed that well - for some reason he or whoever was running it refused to use the hashtag for Jeff's replies for some reason, even after people requested they do so, and you couldn't follow the chat properly.
    PJ is sooooo removed from their fans it's ridiculous...
    • PJ_Soul said:
      Btw, somewhat in context, Jack White had another one of his vault chats today - he just randomly goes into the chat room available to the vault subscribers and chats with them. They tweet it out just before he does it. I think that's really cool.... I wish PJ would do stuff like that more often. That time Jeff did that Twitter chat thing was cool, although it wasn't managed that well - for some reason he or whoever was running it refused to use the hashtag for Jeff's replies for some reason, even after people requested they do so, and you couldn't follow the chat properly.
      I looked for a transcript but didn't see one.  Admittedly I'm not on TMR chats often.  Does anyone know what he said about the new album or a tour?
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    I'm assuming the new album will be out around Nov/Dec and its gonna be the next vault. Like Lazaretto.

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I'm assuming the new album will be out around Nov/Dec and its gonna be the next vault. Like Lazaretto.

Then a large tour in 2018
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...

Then a large tour in 2018
    Is this a hope or something that you have heard?