Cmon 10c figure out your shipping. You're losing business!

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    Just FYI, I shipped a single vinyl within the US last week and it was $12 (USPS Priority), not including the packing supplies. I don't think 10C is making money on international shipping. The vaults are big and heavy. I'm guessing Wrigley is more than just a single vinyl in a thin sleeve. 

Don't get me wrong, it sucks that shipping is so expensive.
    The Let's Play Two vinyl is just a double LP, so it definitely should not cost $31 USD even if it does maybe have some kind of insert booklet in it or something.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,081
    Is Let's Play 2 going to be available on Amazon? Kind of nuts to charge $12 to ship just down the road. Wish 10C had a will call window for orders.Thanks.
  • EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 473
    edited August 2017
    Post edited by Sea on
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    jazzbo26 said:
    pjpitt89 said:
    Even for domestic shipping. It is $12 and often times takes forever with this Mail innovations crap where it goes UPS to USPS. $12 to ship a double LP should allow it to arrive within 2 days in my opinion.

I feel for the overseas folks tho, it seems like a nightmare.
    Reverse shipping from me (MA) to 10C (WA) on 3lb Let's Play 2 vinyl via Media Mail - $3.61. Also MM is usually faster and a more direct trip than UPS Innovations. $12 should be 2-3 day Priority.
    Bingo.
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    edited August 2017
    I believe Santos posted about the topic once if I'm not mistaken:

10C factors in various costs into shipping, not just the actual shipping cost. They have full time employees but typically only see this type of extreme volume on any given item perhaps 2-3X a year. Santos used Amazon as an example: they're shipping astronomical volumes 365 days a year and have everything down to an automated science. These are a handful of human beings doing all the work with their own two hands and being paid a respectable wage. Can't cut corners everywhere. 10C is a separate entity from PJ Touring - 10C is in business to carry its' own weight and not be in business to lose money. 

Not a defense of anything in relation to other comments in this thread. Just a logical assessment. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    I don't expect Amazon shipping prices. I do, however, expect that 10C's shipping prices be more in line with other operations that are basically equivalent to their own, i.e. other fan clubs. That is not currently the case. I also expect that shipping to Canada is cheaper than shipping around the world. It is insane that this is not already the case.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    I work in the shipping/logistics industry at a franchise office for a company with a global network. We handle everything from small parcel shipping to ocean containers. With as big as 10C has gotten, I firmly believe they need to look for a 3rd party logistics provider. I know they like to keep as much as possible in house in terms of warehousing and shipping, but it seems to me that it's costing them money and customers. The main account I personally service at my company is a manufacturer of high-end skin products. Using our company as a 3rd party logistics provider, they're shipping costs are probably 1/2 to 1/3 of what they would pay themselves, based on the fact that as a provider, we have pretty huge discounts on retail shipping rates. I ship packages as small as 1/2 lb. to full truckloads of their product, and I would estimate they do a volume close to 10C. Because of the shipping costs and customs fees assessed to their customers, they've set up stock locations in Canada, Europe, and more recently in Australia, and pay the customs entry up front, saving the customers in those regions a fair amount of money vs. shipping direct from the U.S. If the comments I've seen in this thread, as well as many others, are an indication of a percentage of sales 10C is losing due to these costs, they really should look at a similar model for international distribution of their direct sales. By utilizing a 3rd party logistics provider who already handle this type of distribution in these areas, they would instantly have a network of people, warehouse facilities, and access to discounted shipping rates. Something to consider. :)
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don't expect Amazon shipping prices. I do, however, expect that 10C's shipping prices be more in line with other operations that are basically equivalent to their own, i.e. other fan clubs. That is not currently the case. I also expect that shipping to Canada is cheaper than shipping around the world. It is insane that this is not already the case.
    Exactly, plus 10c charges a membership fee, Metallica club is free and their shipping is still half the price.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Warstic wanted $25 to post a tshirt to the uk!!
    4784495 - Thomas 9
  • fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 753
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yep. This right here. Even $11.99 shipping for domestic orders is ridiculous when I can order a double LP from any average Joe on Discogs and have it shipped faster via Media Mail for anywhere from $5-$7. Done buying wax through the 10c if it's a release that can be purchased elsewhere.
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    I blame...................... MR TSURT

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    gotta agree, time to fix.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    kramer73 said:
    Instead of complaining about it on a forum:

Contact

Mailing Address
    TEN CLUB
    PO BOX 81429
    SEATTLE, WA 98108

Business Contact
    P: (800) 724-8038
    F: (206) 447-1848

No telephone orders accepted.

Hours of Operation
    Generally Monday - Friday, 9AM-5PM Pacific

Everyone send in a fax!
    • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
      edited August 2017
      i think shipping cost is expensive..especially for somone in europe and especialy in greece,cos salaries cut in half the last 4-5 years
      it would be cool if they find a way to lower the proces of shipping..
      but i can understand the reasons and shipping isnt cheap..there was a time 10c was  losing  tons of money when they ship  a poster for 6$ to greece..a few yearf back..while 20$ is the cheapest u can find to ship from greece to usa a tube..
      i dont buy alot of merch anymore like i used to do cos i prefer to shave money for tours 
      but i order this one,cos i was there and its vinyl and want to have it..and i always order 10c version even cost me double..first cos 10c version is always different.,.as this one willl be as well  and most of all,.i want to support  10c..i think they doing an excelent job in general,incredible nice people runs the offices and club and want my money to go to them than any other shop i could buy it..even cost me double money..
      i like those people,who work for the band and i support them,,even cost me double than buy it from a record store here
      "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
      "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
      “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
      i think shipping cost is expensive..especially for somone in europe and especialy in greece,cos salaries cut in half the last 4-5 years
      it would be cool if they find a way to lower the proces of shipping..
      but i can understand the reasons and shipping isnt cheap..there was a time 10c was  losing  tons of money when they ship  a poster for 6$ to greece..a few yearf back..while 20$ is the cheapest u can find to ship from greece to usa a tube..
      i dont buy alot of merch anymore like i used to do cos i prefer to shave money for tours 
      but i order this one,cos i was there and its vinyl and want to have it..and i always order 10c version even cost me double..first cos 10c version is always different.,.as this one willl be as well  and most of all,.i want to support  10c..i think they doing an excelent job in general,incredible nice people runs the offices and club and want my money to go to them than any other shop i could buy it..even cost me double money..
      i like those people,who work for the band and i support them,,even cost me double than buy it from a record store here
      I want to learn more about shaving money. 
      Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

why now you don't shave money?
      Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• dannydanny Posts: 2,270
      agree bloody expensive i pray customs dont get hold of any 10c stuff
      danny d
    • I have passed on items lately as well.

Does any Canadian remember when shipping was ridiculously cheap from the 10C to Canada? It was a few years back and costs were minimal at best. 

If all the Canadians sent their orders to Scruffy... we could use the money saved to fly him up here and give the goods to us.
      "My brain's a good brain!"
      I have passed on items lately as well.

Does any Canadian remember when shipping was ridiculously cheap from the 10C to Canada? It was a few years back and costs were minimal at best. 

If all the Canadians sent their orders to Scruffy... we could use the money saved to fly him up here and give the goods to us.
      I do. it was quite the shock to the system when they septupled the price. 
      Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Yes, that was an amazing time to be a Canadian 10C member. :lol: I'm pretty sure that was happening because of some system glitch that they couldn't fix for a while for some reason, since shipping to Canada was actually cheaper than shipping within the USA for a while there.
    • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
      PJ_Soul said:

Yes, that was an amazing time to be a Canadian 10C member. :lol: I'm pretty sure that was happening because of some system glitch that they couldn't fix for a while for some reason, since shipping to Canada was actually cheaper than shipping within the USA for a while there.
      For sure it was, I think the VS/Vitology box set was $4 to ship if I remember right!  Haha
      "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
    • vest71vest71 Posts: 239
      pdalowsky said:
      To be honest i dont think Tenc are making on the shipping if that is being suggested, but it seems there are better alternatives. 

Perhaps they use this current method for good reasons that align with environmental concerns and the cost is secondary. Im guessing but im sure they dont do it to laugh at us
      They might not make money on the shipping ( have anybody asked them ) but I can´t figure out what environmental concerns they can make that others don't make, my guess is that they put it in a container and fly it overseas ( like all other would do ) my guess is, they are not aware of the fact they can find a better deal .... so thanks to the person who started this tread
      Burn my eyes and try to blind me
      Bury me so they won't find me
      Try to suck my power empty
      Got no crown of thorns on me
    • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
      edited August 2017
      vest71 said:
      pdalowsky said:
      To be honest i dont think Tenc are making on the shipping if that is being suggested, but it seems there are better alternatives. 

Perhaps they use this current method for good reasons that align with environmental concerns and the cost is secondary. Im guessing but im sure they dont do it to laugh at us
      They might not make money on the shipping ( have anybody asked them ) but I can´t figure out what environmental concerns they can make that others don't make, my guess is that they put it in a container and fly it overseas ( like all other would do ) my guess is, they are not aware of the fact they can find a better deal .... so thanks to the person who started this tread
      I would say they know they can get a better deal for international orders (especially Canadian orders) but they won't do it cause they are in business with UPS. UPS only gives 10club the one & only highest shipping rate possible for packages shipped outside the USA. The "Standard International Shipping" rate.  If only they could use USPS for international shipping.

When HockeyTalker Records were shipping vinyl they were using USPS. Their shipping price was cheaper then 10club. I was able to track it and receive the items in 2 weeks. Now that 10club controls HockeyTalker releases the shipping is way higher & packages arrive in a month to Canada.

I wish 10club had a Canadian Shipping Rate & that they use USPS. If you live in the USA, next time you stop by your local post office, ask what the cost will be to ship an item to a Canadian address, with tracking. Now ask using the same shipping option they give you, how much it would cost to ship that exact item with tracking to any country address in South America, Europe, Asia, Africa & Australia? Let me tell you it will NOT be the exact price using United States Postal Service.

The Pearl Jam fan's outside of the USA can't say or do anything at all. We have been pleading with them to use a different delivery service, especially items shipped to Canada cause NO WAY the shipping price is the same! The band & 10club management decides their choice on who ships their goodies to their fans. We just have to deal with it. Yes we will continue to support 10club & give them our hard earn money but please for the love of Jebus find cheaper shipping options for packages that ship outside the USA, especially to Canada.

You know Ames Bros? They now have 2 shipping options. For year's it was just the one. The USPS Priority Mail International. Now they offer
      USPS First-Class Package International Service. A much cheaper service. Includes tracking & all. The item might not get here in a week or so but it'll get here in 2, safely & cheap.

1 poster shipped to Canada with tracking & insurance.
      USPS First-Class Package International Service $17.50
      USPS Priority Mail International $40.95

Just imagine if 10club had 2 international shipping options for their fans?
      Maybe someday ...
      Post edited by demetrios on
    • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,874
      USPS is the best. I only use it to ship my packages out that are typically 2-8 pounds. It is cheaper than UPS and gets there quicker. Also, the few times there has been damage, USPS has sent me the insurance check very quickly. I hope 10C someday switches over to USPS. 
      1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
      1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
      Nothing since then. I suck.
      2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
      2022- Oakland Night 2
    • ReleaseMeReleaseMe Mississauga, Ontario Posts: 745
      Very Steep... $159 USD combined for Vault 7 and LP2... roughly $200 CDN... might just be better off hustling a trade
      2000 - Toronto
      2003 - Toronto
      2005 - Toronto
      2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
      2009 - Toronto
      2011 - Hamilton
      2013 - Pittsburgh, Buffalo
      2014 - Detroit
      2016 - Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Wrigley I, Wrigley II
      2018 - Seattle I, Seattle II, Fenway I, Fenway II
      2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
      2022 - Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
      2023 - St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
      scurtis said:
      PJ_Soul said:

For sure it was, I think the VS/Vitology box set was $4 to ship if I remember right!  Haha
      Guess they're just trying to make up for lost shipping costs now. Pretty sure I paid a lot more than $4 to have it shipped in the US.
    • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
      USPS is the best. I only use it to ship my packages out that are typically 2-8 pounds. It is cheaper than UPS and gets there quicker. Also, the few times there has been damage, USPS has sent me the insurance check very quickly. I hope 10C someday switches over to USPS. 
      Pretty sure Hell just froze over.

:lol:

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    • EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 473
      Enzed said:
      Wow, really?  So a legitimate comment is deleted?  

Maybe I didn't pay enough for the privilege.

Look, if every one of the 6 items I have preordered from other sources (Alice In Chains / Queens of the Stone Age / Metallica / The Darkness / Bolly Corrigan / Foo Fighters) can post for less than half the Tenclub price, then something is wrong.
      Auckland 1 1995
      Auckland 1998
      EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
      Auckland 2009
      Auckland 2014
      Enzed said:
      Enzed said:
      Wow, really?  So a legitimate comment is deleted?  

Maybe I didn't pay enough for the privilege.

Look, if every one of the 6 items I have preordered from other sources (Alice In Chains / Queens of the Stone Age / Metallica / The Darkness / Bolly Corrigan / Foo Fighters) can post for less than half the Tenclub price, then something is wrong.
      ....... at least we know they're reading the thread, lol. ;)
    • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

I m in!!!
      I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    This discussion has been closed.