The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    URthekey said:
    Having a few Voodoo Rangers by the campfire the other night and this one really left it's mark...
    Your beer made a happy face!

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Finally had some Pliny this weekend.  It totally deserves the hype.  One of the finest beers I've ever tasted!
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Finally had some Pliny this weekend.  It totally deserves the hype.  One of the finest beers I've ever tasted!
    Elder or younger?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139

Had a bunch of these over the weekend. Delicious
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Also had a taste of this over the weekend.  I'm usually hit or miss with sours, this one was decent.  Definitely made ya pucker, though.

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757

Highly recommend hitting up their brewery - along with a couple smaller ones up the road from theirs.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139

Highly recommend hitting up their brewery - along with a couple smaller ones up the road from theirs.
    If we were there for an extra night we would have. That was actually the first time I've ever stayed in Cape May. Cool, quirky little town. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Elder or younger?
    They only make one batch of younger each year and it's released the first friday in february and only lasts 3-4 weeks. 
    #FHP
    Horos said:
    Elder or younger?
    They only make one batch of younger each year and it's released the first friday in february and only lasts 3-4 weeks. 
    Yeah we get Younger in Colorado and people go apeshit over it. Wait in line for hours and spend $10 for a 7 ounce pour. It's good but not so good that I waste a day for it.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

awesome beer!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Horos said:
    Elder or younger?
    Yeah we get Younger in Colorado and people go apeshit over it. Wait in line for hours and spend $10 for a 7 ounce pour. It's good but not so good that I waste a day for it.
    We get a keg here in Eugene as well. I've gone the last 4 years. Here you can buy your ticket in advance and go anytime that particular day. I like the elder better and they always have that at the same time.
    #FHP
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    Horos said:
    Horos said:
    Elder or younger?
    We get a keg here in Eugene as well. I've gone the last 4 years. Here you can buy your ticket in advance and go anytime that particular day. I like the elder better and they always have that at the same time.
    It's really good, but being an Oregonian yourself, there's several other IPAs that are right up there with Pliney which you've probably had. I think there's too much hype around it which leads to some power of suggestion.
    Horos said:
    Horos said:
    Elder or younger?
    It's really good, but being an Oregonian yourself, there's several other IPAs that are right up there with Pliney which you've probably had. I think there's too much hype around it which leads to some power of suggestion.
    I agree totally
    I've  had The Elder, The Younger, Hedy Topper, etc, etc and while I enjoyed them I wasn't  knocked out by them. Plenty of equally tasty IPAS coming out of Colorado, Oregon,  California, etc. They just aren't getting the press.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    One of the best brewery s in New Jersey. I am pumped to have these later. 

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Just picked up a whole lot of Congress St. IPA, Vicinity Double IPA, and Citra Dry Hopped Sunshower Super Saison from Trillium. I'd highly suggest trying anything from Trillium if you've never had it before. Been my go to beer lately.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    where's the CRAP beer thread? :confounded::lol:

hey, football sundays are coming.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    There is a crap beer thread somewhere around here.

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    Horos said:
    Horos said:
    Elder or younger?
    I agree totally
    I've  had The Elder, The Younger, Hedy Topper, etc, etc and while I enjoyed them I wasn't  knocked out by them. Plenty of equally tasty IPAS coming out of Colorado, Oregon,  California, etc. They just aren't getting the press.
    If they don't slap a "limited" or "rare" tag on it, most likely it goes unnoticed.

I've tried so many beers now that I won't chase anything anymore.  It's not worth my time.  If I get it then I get it.  I'm excited that I have two beer stops that hold the good stuff for me.
    Had this over the weekend.  Decent but nothing to write home about.

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

Had this over the weekend, pretty good.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer

Isn't that a Grateful Dead reference?

Probably. I honesy couldn't tell my ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to the Dead.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380

Probably. I honesy couldn't tell my ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to the Dead.

you can be proud of that!

agree with tempo on chasing crazy "rare" beers.....usually not worth your time, considering all the great alternatives.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

agree with tempo on chasing crazy "rare" beers.....usually not worth your time, considering all the great alternatives.
    I have found my choir!

If it's on the shelf, great.

If I have to wait hours on a line?  Nope!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Wobbie said:

Yep...there's so much high quality beer out there that it isn't worth it to me to wait in line for hours or go driving all over the place for certain beers.
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    I really like sours/ciders lately.... had some nice ones at the Santa Cruz Mountain Brewing this past weekend...yummy-- one is a raspberry cream and other a watermelon mint cider

So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Wobbie said:

I have found my choir!

If it's on the shelf, great.

If I have to wait hours on a line?  Nope!
    looks like that makes three of us
    I like trying the 'rare' beers but don't go out of my way to find them. Only times I wait in line is at beer festivals.

That said next February I'll be visiting my daughter in Santa Rosa for the release of the Younger. 
    #FHP
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    I  Can   Not    Stand     Sour      Beers.
    I've tried and tried.
    I threw out half a bottle of canus invertus last night, was the last straw.

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.