Vault #7 Vinyl vs. Let's Play Two Vinyl

withnailandiwithnailandi Posts: 31
edited August 2017 in The Porch
You only have enough money for one: which do you choose and why?

Vault #7 Vinyl vs. Let's Play Two Vinyl 119 votes

Vault #7 Vinyl
64%
jeffbrmcgruff10my_waveNewJPageDr. Delight2-feign-reluctanceMy3rdEyedrummerboy_73pjpitt89GibsonSpiritual_ChaosmikesbriKevinmanEnzedpearljimmookieblalockgoldrushmfc2006dannyNami 77 votes
Let's Play Two Vinyl
35%
whoyouare72THEBIBLEISTENgoldeneggaustinevolution10lolobuggrattzeypjsteelerfanPA JammerdimitrispearljamZodBSullyjjflashHesCalledDyermrk2I am a patriotKearn5yIcemanDorvalIM160456sfrduderBrannigans law 42 votes

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Let's Play Two Vinyl
    I've been a Cubs fan longer than Pearl Jam has existed. They're my two favorite things in the world.  
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Vault #7 Vinyl
    Lets Play Two is going to be amazing but 1995 vs 2016?  
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited August 2017
    Vault #7 Vinyl
    /\ An amazing mostly complete archive show will always win hands down. The hodgepodge of the LP2 vinyl isn't as enticing if I had to choose. Also, I think LP2 will be readily available long after the release and for a decent price, but the Vault release won't and will only get more expensive over time.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Vault #7 Vinyl
    vault 7 by far.  If let's play 2 was a complete show then it could be a discussion but this one isn't even close.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Vault #7 Vinyl
    Half a Wrigley show?  I'll take the vault.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Vault #7 Vinyl
    I almost messed up and voted like the "weakest link" threads, then remembered not everything is a weakest link vote.
    No comparison really, endless boots available for anything 2000 and later. Was there 2013, but couldnt make 2016, but as good as I've heard the shows were there will be other 2016 boots readily available in a few months. Cant say the same for '95.
  • Vault #7 Vinyl
    Depends on the setlist for Lets Play Two.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Vault #7 Vinyl
    Like this one?
    SIDE A 

Low Light 

Better Man 

Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town 

Last Exit 

Lightning Bolt 

SIDE B 

Black, Red, Yellow 

Black 

Corduroy 

Given To Fly 

SIDE C 

Jeremy 

Inside Job 

Go 

Crazy Mary 

SIDE D 

Release 

Alive 

All The Way 

I've Got A Feeling 
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Vault #7 Vinyl
    Like this one?
    SIDE A 

Low Light 

Better Man 

Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town 

Last Exit 

Lightning Bolt 

SIDE B 

Black, Red, Yellow 

Black 

Corduroy 

Given To Fly 

SIDE C 

Jeremy 

Inside Job 

Go 

Crazy Mary 

SIDE D 

Release 

Alive 

All The Way 

I've Got A Feeling 
    If thats the setlist then... Vault 7.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Vault #7 Vinyl
    I can't say I'm really happy with any of these two releases.. I couldn't care less about Cubs or baseball and that's just a waste of an opportunity (give us a full show blu-ray instead of this, please).. Soldier Field vault 7, while I always dreamed this show to be properly released in its entirety, is badly incomplete and so it's a huge let down..
    I will end up buying both, needless to say. But I really wish Lets Play Two wasn't happening.. I wonder if the whole band is Cubs fan?
  • juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    I can't say I'm really happy with any of these two releases.. I couldn't care less about Cubs or baseball and that's just a waste of an opportunity (give us a full show blu-ray instead of this, please).. Soldier Field vault 7, while I always dreamed this show to be properly released in its entirety, is badly incomplete and so it's a huge let down..
    I will end up buying both, needless to say. But I really wish Lets Play Two wasn't happening.. I wonder if the whole band is Cubs fan?
    I would pay more for the vault releases to be full shows, I know they are keeping these at 3 lp's but how many pj shows would actually fit on 3 lps? Probably none, and usually the songs they leave off are the most rare that they play. I love these vault packages, just wish they had the full show on them!

Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited August 2017
    Let's Play Two Vinyl

I'm buying BOTH,
    but if I could only buy one,
    I'd have to pick up the Let's Play Two release for one simple reason:
    I WAS THERE :rock_on:
    To have a show I attended on vinyl is a "must have" in my collection.

The only other show I attended that was released on vinyl is Band Of Horses - Acoustic At The Ryman...
    and it's still  one of my favorite records ever!!

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• jlj_swejlj_swe Posts: 175
    Neither one, since I can't afford the shipping anyway.
    Stockholm 1992-02-07
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 1995-08-12
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Lisbon 2010-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28

https://artbyjoachim.wordpress.com/
    Let's Play Two Vinyl
    derbydave said:

I'm buying BOTH,
    but if I could only buy one,
    I'd have to pick up the Let's Play Two release for one simple reason:
    I WAS THERE :rock_on:
    To have a show I attended on vinyl is a "must have" in my collection.

The only other show I attended that was released on vinyl is Band Of Horses - Acoustic At The Ryman...
    and it's still  one of my favorite records ever!!

Also part of my pick for this poll.  I was at Wrigley, wasn't at Soldier.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Let's Play Two Vinyl
    Just because I was at the shows
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    edited August 2017
    Vault #7 Vinyl
    Ha! I've been playing those weakest link polls for so long now that I keep thinking that everyone's pick is the one they want LESS!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Vault #7 Vinyl
    Vault. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,874
    Let's Play Two Vinyl
    I went with Let's Play Two because we get a vault record every year.  Wrigley isn't something that happens very often.  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    Vault #7 Vinyl
    I'm excited about both as I attended soldier field and both night at wrigley. That being said I choose vault. Can't believe they left off Masters of War and Of The Earth from wrigley. If either song was on the vinyl I would've chose wrigley. Those were my two favorites of the wrigley shows. 
    Let's Play Two Vinyl
    I'm excited about both as I attended soldier field and both night at wrigley. That being said I choose vault. Can't believe they left off Masters of War and Of The Earth from wrigley. If either song was on the vinyl I would've chose wrigley. Those were my two favorites of the wrigley shows. 
    That version of Masters of War was absolutely killer!!
    Vault #7 Vinyl
    That version of Masters of War was absolutely killer!!
    Agreed!  I could do without another version of Jeremy or Small Town.  Masters should've made it!!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Vault #7 Vinyl

I was really hoping they would include Of The Earth....that was a killer version at Wrigley.  Love that song.

Vault #7 Vinyl

I was really hoping they would include Of The Earth....that was a killer version at Wrigley.  Love that song.

Yup.  Again, Im surprised it didn't make it along with Masters.
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    Vault #7 Vinyl
    I think the song choices are a little iffy for the vinyl of LP2, but whatever, beggars can't be choosers.  Just purely from a music stand point, vault 7 would win this head to head even if the song choices on LP2 were a bit more unique.  But that is me, every bird will be different.  Buy both...
    baby night payday naughty paycheck GIF
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Let's Play Two Vinyl

Yup.  Again, Im surprised it didn't make it along with Masters.
    ^^Yes!^^ +1. Would love for that version of Masters to have been included.
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Let's Play Two Vinyl
    - Like my good buddy @derbydave said, I, too, was at Wrigley but not Soldier
    - If I only have $$ for one I buy Wrigley (which is $17 less) and use the extra to buy a digital copy of Soldier :bee:
    - Wrigley celebrates a 25 year career while Soldier captures the raw energy of early PJ. In this scenario I pick the broader scope.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Vault #7 Vinyl
    Don't give 2 shits about the Cubs. Not a fan of incomplete shows, either. At least Vault 7 is closer to a complete show, rather than a compilation of 2 incomplete shows. Also, the vault is part of a series, so probably will order Vault 7 to keep the collection going. Neither one thrills me at this point, but the nod goes to Vault 7 for me. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    edited August 2017
    Vault #7 Vinyl
    I'm excited for both.  I don't get the flow of LP2 at all though, looking at the songs.... 

The flow is going to be choppy as hell, total hodgepodge mixture, right?  I haven't compared it to the actual set lists, are they sort of in order that they were played at the shows? Why is release opening side D and followed by encore tracks?  Side A is none too exciting to me except for last exit.
    Post edited by RoleModelsinBlood31 on
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • chadaw76chadaw76 Indianapolis Posts: 289
    Let's Play Two Vinyl
    Being there makes it a must have for me.
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vegas 1, Noblesville, IN
  • EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 473
    Vault #7 Vinyl
    Boo Tenclub postage. As vault won't be in the regular shops, it wins.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014