Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    "My eyes are fine.  You're a fake eclipse"!

I imagine this could be a dinner conversation tonight:

Child: Mommy, daddy my teacher warned us about not looking at the eclipse unless we have the special eye glasses.

Parent: Yes, your teacher is correct

Child: Then why did the president just hold up his finger to look at the eclipse? He didn't have the special glasses on.

Parent: ????
    You've uncovered a resource that parents need. You know when there's a national tragedy, and there's multiple articles for parents on how to talk to their kids about it. Parents need one on how to talk to their kids about the President. 

Haven't parent's been trying to figure this out since the campaign? He's a national embarrasment
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610

Child: Mommy, daddy my teacher warned us about not looking at the eclipse unless we have the special eye glasses.

Child: Then why did the president just hold up his finger to look at the eclipse? He didn't have the special glasses on.

You've uncovered a resource that parents need. You know when there's a national tragedy, and there's multiple articles for parents on how to talk to their kids about it. Parents need one on how to talk to their kids about the President. 

Haven't parent's been trying to figure this out since the campaign? He's a national embarrasment
    Maybe Barron could subtly leave some Highlights magazines lying around, open to Goofus and Gallant?

"Goofus stares at the eclipse, Gallant wisely wears his eclipse viewing glasses". 
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,358

Maybe Barron could subtly leave some Highlights magazines lying around, open to Goofus and Gallant?

"Goofus stares at the eclipse, Gallant wisely wears his eclipse viewing glasses". 
    Love it!!!
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    It's stupid stories like these that give Trump and his base reason to call CNN fake news. Who gives a shit if he looked directly at it. I would wager most of Americans did at some point, me being one because it was partially blocked by clouds. This isn't news. It's a comic strip caption at best.

Yes, Donald Trump really did look into the sky during the solar eclipse

It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    tbergs said:
    It's stupid stories like these that give Trump and his base reason to call CNN fake news. Who gives a shit if he looked directly at it. I would wager most of Americans did at some point, me being one because it was partially blocked by clouds. This isn't news. It's a comic strip caption at best.

he bankrupted the secret service!!
  • Options

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/08/21/susan-collins-difficult-say-if-trump-will-be-partys-nominee-2020

GOP Senator: 'Difficult to Say' If Trump Will Be Party's Nominee in 2020

A Republican senator raised eyebrows this morning by declining to say whether President Trump would be re-nominated by the GOP in the 2020 presidential election.

Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine), who wrote in Paul Ryan last November rather than vote for Trump, made the statement in an interview in Bangor, Maine, with MSNBC's Hallie Jackson.

Collins was asked about what it might take for Republicans to stop supporting Trump. 

"Do you think he will end up the party's nominee?" Jackson asked. 

"It's too difficult to say," Collins answered. 

Her comment came after a discussion about Trump's response to the deadly Charlottesville white supremacist riots.

She said President Trump "wavered back and forth" on condemning neo-Nazis and his statements "failed to meet the standard" of leadership of the office.

Collins opposed Trump and most of her Senate colleagues on repealing ObamaCare, maintaining that the replacement proposals were not good enough. 

She was joined by Republicans John McCain and Lisa Murkowski in voting with Democrats to block the repeal a few weeks ago. 

Other Republicans have been highly critical of Trump in recent weeks, with Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) going as far as to question Trump's "stability" and "competence" after Charlottesville.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    tbergs said:

There is good ole JC and his whataboutisms again.....wait a minute.  By god he seems to be correct.  I love how people are so stupid to think that a picture of President Trump looking up during an eclipse furthers their hate of him.  No matter what President Trump does or says.....
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    tbergs said:

There is good ole JC and his whataboutisms again.....wait a minute.  By god he seems to be correct.  I love how people are so stupid to think that a picture of President Trump looking up during an eclipse furthers their hate of him.  No matter what President Trump does or says.....
    Obama hit the secret service cap in June, that's real whataboutcausatingequalalenceschism
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,627
    Speaking of Obama... I friggin knew it!  This article clears up everything!

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/347325-idaho-state-rep-shares-conspiracy-theory-blaming-obama-for

• Options
    tbergs said:

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    tbergs said:

If only he had stared at it long enough to go blind. Would that be enough to get him out of office? I mean, he already acts like he can't see anything so what would be the difference really.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,975
    Listened to his speech tonight.  As an orator he sucks...
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    He's not great but it was about as presidential as he's ever been.  He talked about himself at times but exceeded expectations.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
    edited August 2017
    tbergs said:

Not fake though.  Just continuing to prove he is a dipshit
    Post edited by Smellyman on
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    He's not great but it was about as presidential as he's ever been.  He talked about himself at times but exceeded expectations.

Wow that's a low bar...which he will undoubtedly dip below again in front of his idiot supporters tomorrow night.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
    OnWis97 said:

Wow that's a low bar...which he will undoubtedly dip below again in front of his idiot supporters tomorrow night.
    Republicans have no bar.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    So is he trying to be W?  He even mispronounced terror the same way (terra).
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    Weird how devoid this place is of tRump supporters when he is actually making news. Presumably they are waiting for their talking points to regurgitate here....
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    OnWis97 said:

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    mrussel1 said:
    Speaking of Obama... I friggin knew it!  This article clears up everything!

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/347325-idaho-state-rep-shares-conspiracy-theory-blaming-obama-for

This is old news.
    Anyone with half a brain, or less then half, knows that President Obama is to blame for everything bad that has ever happened in this country back to and including the Jamestown massacre.
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    OnWis97 said:

Republicans have no bar.
    1. how about that primary?
    2. how did brazile get those debate questions?
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    centrists
    talk about endless war = "presidential"
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    Weird how devoid this place is of tRump supporters when he is actually making news. Presumably they are waiting for their talking points to regurgitate here....
    centrists
    sending more troops to fight war = actually making news
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    OnWis97 said:

Republicans have no bar.
    Touché 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    So Afghanistan and Pakistan represent such a huge terrorist threat to us....good thing Trump left them off his travel
    ban!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    will anyone in the alt-media mention how trump has now expanded every inherited warfront?
    will trump supportors do same? is this what non intervention, not being the world's police and American first meant?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,627
    igotid88 said:
    Ha!  If only @igotid88 was here to see this one!  God, I miss him. 
  • Options
    let's me guess... Graham and Mccain will praise trumps Afghan plan, most Dems will also.
    Trump brings GOP and Dems together with the bi partisan issue of endless war.
This discussion has been closed.