Why did you you guys charge my debit card for the wrigley vinyl & cd presales?

LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Minneapolis/St.Paul Posts: 822
it specifically states that cards will be charged closer to shipping date.Now I've got 2 charges on my account for what I ordered and my money has been deducted.Because of this now my account is negative and I'll be charged 2 $37 charges for non sufficient funds. 
I wouldn't have ordered them if I thought the money would have been decucted now. 
It does say charges are pending.Will those charges fall off soon? 
Jesus H!!! 
Last time I preorder something that says it won't be deducted now,because that's not true. 

Comments

• LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    well that sucks...hope they make you whole.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,375
    I always go credit for any pre-order / pre/sale because debit has done that to me once before (not PJ stuff). Hopefully it works out though
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,352
    Email them
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,912
    You can contact shipping at shipping@tenclub.net

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,985
    I just always assume I immediately get charged on 10c because that has happened to me more often than not (at least my mind remembers it that way). And then when I expect and plan for it, it doesn't bother me.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    LOV2ROCK said:
    it specifically states that cards will be charged closer to shipping date.Now I've got 2 charges on my account for what I ordered and my money has been deducted.Because of this now my account is negative and I'll be charged 2 $37 charges for non sufficient funds. 
    I wouldn't have ordered them if I thought the money would have been decucted now. 
    Jesus H!!! 
    Last time I preorder something that says it won't be deducted now,because that's not true. 
    The charges should fall off. Whenever you order something like that, depending on the merchant, they still have to put thru a pre-authorization. Sometimes this is $1.00, sometimes it's 5, sometimes it's for the full amount (which seems to be the case here). But your bank should see it as a pre-auth and the charges shouldn't post to your account whenever your bank runs the posting batch. Now if they actually post to your account, that's a different story. But since they are saying "pending" I wouldn't worry about it just yet. Check your account in the morning.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Keep an eye on "pending"!

Take Dr. Dyer's advice.

Love your av, OP.  Little fella's face fits with your post =)
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    I had nothing to do with it.
  • quasiquasi Posts: 492
    Sorry that happened. What a hassle.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    edited August 2017
    There are 2 reasons not to use a debit card online. This is one, the pre-authorization taking away from your available balance. The second is that if you get ripped off, or someone steals your card number, it's the bank's money and not yours, if using a credit card.

Do as you wish, but I only use my debit card at the ATM. My 2 cents.
    Post edited by disilluzion on
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    A Debit Card is not a Credit Card. And while you can use it like one, it works differently. Like with holds vs charges. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I use my debit card for everything (including getting cash back while at the market, vs ATM).  The couple of times there were fraudulent charges, BofA took good care of me.

Also, methinks the Smellyman doth protest too much =)
  • LOV2ROCK said:
    Jesus H!!! 
    You sure you aren't looking at two authorizations? Both of your orders are in "pending" status and will be charged at a later date. Please contact and confirm with your bank. You can always email 10c if you don't understand how this works.
    slh
  • LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Minneapolis/St.Paul Posts: 822
    This is what my bank shows as of right now  
  • bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888

LOV2ROCK said:
    Jesus H!!! 
    You sure you aren't looking at two authorizations? Both of your orders are in "pending" status and will be charged at a later date. Please contact and confirm with your bank. You can always email 10c if you don't understand how this works.
    slh
      Ditto.......... that happened to me a long time ago.....I believe they are just making sure you have the funds.....when they are sure you have the funds, the funds will only be deducted when the item actually ships....good luck!! 

PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • what really totally pisses me off is when people use their debit cards to buy less than $2 worth of goods. 
  • front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    what really totally pisses me off is when people use their debit cards to buy less than $2 worth of goods. 
    Why?
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • i just don't understand how that many people don't have 2 dollars in their pocket....instead they use their bank debit card for $1.49
    slows down the line....
    there should be a separate line for people paying with bank debit cards and people paying cash. imo 
  • i just don't understand how that many people don't have 2 dollars in their pocket....instead they use their bank debit card for $1.49
    slows down the line....
    there should be a separate line for people paying with bank debit cards and people paying cash. imo 

Wow. What would you have been like when people actually wrote checks?

I don't see how this slows line down. Swipe, pin, done. Most don't even require sigs at that amount.  Can't be any slower than the high school kid behind the register trying to calculate and count change.

Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,816
    A lot of
    i just don't understand how that many people don't have 2 dollars in their pocket....instead they use their bank debit card for $1.49
    slows down the line....
    I think debit or credit is sometimes faster than cash.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    i just don't understand how that many people don't have 2 dollars in their pocket....instead they use their bank debit card for $1.49
    slows down the line....
    I rarely carry cash.  I have my debit card and credit cards.  
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Credit cards equal cash back. It's a no-brainer right there. I rarely carry cash around, and don't even remember the last time I wrote a check.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,985
    slows down the line....
    I disagree too.  Especially when they were just swiped, way faster. Now with the chip its maybe the same, but definitely not slower. By the time you hand the cash over, put it away, count out change and hand it back you could have used a debit card.
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

I LOVE using Samsung Pay...
    Just hold my phone over the credit card machine and put my thumb on the fingerprint reader!!

NEVER carry cash anymore either!!

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I never carry cash. Never.
    Would you like to fight about it if use my debit card to buy a Snickers bar?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    I pre-ordered both Vault #7 and Let's Play Two vinyl the other day, and l had the same thing happen with my credit card. Both orders are still in "pending" status, but the total amount is still counting against the available balance on my card. I rarely come anywhere close to my limit, and I typically pay off my card within a few days of final charges posting, but it's still kind of annoying that I "lose" that amount of my available balance until the actual charges post or the pre-authorization it drops off.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    edited August 2017
    I also think it's because it's a debit card. I recently had an issue with an accidental double order for the Vault, and what would have just been an authorization on a credit card was an actual charge on my debit account. 10C couldn't tell the difference from their end - it's not their fault. This is a banking issue, and my own situation had to be handled by my bank, as a dispute between my bank and 10C's bank - 10C couldn't do a thing (not for lack of trying). 10C can do a straight up refund in this situation if the payment cleared, but they can't refund what is just an authorization on their end when that amount comes out of a bank account. Unless you know you have the money to cover it immediately in your debit account, use a credit card instead.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata