Barcelona Spain Terror Attack and Standoff

https://youtu.be/cW8lnc8e9B8
When is this madness going to end? Several people killed, injured and now reportedly a standoff with hostages...

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,475
    I have no hope..there are millions in Europe..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,275
    Maybe if every country that has troops in Afganistán, Syria , Iraq would just pull all of its troops and left them to sort out their conflicts by themselves these attacks might not happen , and as long as the west keeps supporting Israel this will never ever stop !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Maybe if every country that has troops in Afganistán, Syria , Iraq would just pull all of its troops and left them to sort out their conflicts by themselves these attacks might not happen , and as long as the west keeps supporting Israel this will never ever stop !
    Interesting take and I agree but I think we have a better chance of being on the rail at Pearl Jams free concert at Charles Clore Park on Oct 3rd than either of those happening.
    JC29856 said:
    Interesting take and I agree but I think we have a better chance of being on the rail at Pearl Jams free concert at Charles Clore Park on Oct 3rd than either of those happening.
    What you talking about Willis ? Share what you know I'll join you at the rail !
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    JC29856 said:
    What you talking about Willis ? Share what you know I'll join you at the rail !
    was kidding...back on topic
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Are you against peace keeping troups also?

As 23scidoo said, there are terrorists spread all over Europe they have been hiding among refugees.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    When is this madness going to end? Several people killed, injured and now reportedly a standoff with hostages...
    Man's inhumanity to man (I usually say "human", but I think this really is mostly a man thing) has been going on a long time.  Last night, after watching the excellent film (based on the book, based on true story), The Zoo Keeper's Wife, I came to the conclusion that the answer to you question may be never.  I hope I'm wrong.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    brianlux said:
    Man's inhumanity to man (I usually say "human", but I think this really is mostly a man thing) has been going on a long time.  Last night, after watching the excellent film (based on the book, based on true story), The Zoo Keeper's Wife, I came to the conclusion that the answer to you question may be never.  I hope I'm wrong.
    Unfortunately, it's been going on for a long long time.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,475
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Annafalk said:

As 23scidoo said, there are terrorists spread all over Europe they have been hiding among refugees.
    Those missions always start out with good intentions for peace but the people in this country's don't see those forces in those capacity they view them as invaders so automatically they harbor resentment towards the so called peace keeping forces ....that's the way I see it but who am I a nobody behind a phone keyboard I'm my safe space !!!!
    edited August 2017
    Annafalk said:

Those missions always start out with good intentions for peace but the people in this country's don't see those forces in those capacity they view them as invaders so automatically they harbor resentment towards the so called peace keeping forces ....that's the way I see it but who am I a nobody behind a phone keyboard I'm my safe space !!!!
    I have no personal experience either, I think sometimes they do great peacekeeping work and protects civilians but I have heard there are some rotten soldiers that actually make assaults on civilians.
    Annafalk said:
    Annafalk said:

I have no personal experience either, I think sometimes they do great peacekeeping work and protects civilians but I have heard there are some rotten soldiers that actually make assaults on civilians.
    "Peacekeeping troops" sounds like an oxymoron to me, especially if you are talking about U.S. troops.  What we really do is police and why we think we have the right to police the world is beyond me.  It would make more sense to me to give aid to other countries who are in need and in doing so, would be more likely to foster peace.  (Of course, if we keep eating up our resources and polluting our land we may find we have little to offer in the not-to-distant future.)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Annafalk said:
    I'm glad there have been some successes there but are these not a bit like treating a disease rather than preventing one?  I'm suggesting we will make much more and better progress if we prevent the disease before it sets in.  I'm not sure why there is so much focus in the world on fixing problems instead of preventing them. This applies to everything from international strife to domestic disputes to pollution to global warming.   This may be our undoing as a species. 

edited August 2017
    brianlux said:
    Annafalk said:
    I'm glad there have been some successes there but are these not a bit like treating a disease rather than preventing one?  I'm suggesting we will make much more and better progress if we prevent the disease before it sets in.  I'm not sure why there is so much focus in the world on fixing problems instead of preventing them. This applies to everything from international strife to domestic disputes to pollution to global warming.   This may be our undoing as a species. 
    Yes, I agree preventing problems must be the best way to go.
    Post edited by Annafalk on