Options

Chicago Cubs baseball!!!

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,740
    bbiggs said:
    ^^^ Perfect example.  He looked like such an ass with that comment.  Total homer. 
    LOL.  That's one of the more ridiculous things he has ever said.  While his antics do get pretty old, it is occasionally nice to listen to an announcer who actually has some personality...most guys these days are so bland and vanilla who are afraid to say anything at all that may ruffle anyone's feathers.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Brewers took an ass-beating today.  Let's get some separation tonight!
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,762
    ^^^before creating more separation during the weekend! Got em' on the ropes. They were riding high and full of confidence before the All Star break. Now they have to be thinking about how quickly that lead went away to the reigning World Series Champions (the Cubs for those who needed a not so subtle reminder). The same Cubs who jist added Quintana. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,458
    if the cubs meet the d**gers in the nlcs, I'm rooting for....

none of the above.

Let's go astros!!!!!!!

the thought of cubs/d**gers gives me the heebie jeebies. I'd probably be forced to go cubs :angry:

maybe the nationals could derail that. no one else has a chance.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Since 2015, the Cubs are a Major League best 111-50 after the All-Star break.  The next best team, the Toronto Blue Jays, are 93-63.

Thats 61 games above .500 compared to the next best team's 30 games above.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,071
    Awwwww... Cubs are giving Bartman a 2016 WS ring.........
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Statement from Steve Bartman:

“Although I do not consider myself worthy of such an honor, I am deeply moved and sincerely grateful to receive an official Chicago Cubs 2016 World Series Championship ring. I am fully aware of the historical significance and appreciate the symbolism the ring represents on multiple levels. My family and I will cherish it for generations. Most meaningful is the genuine outreach from the Ricketts family, on behalf of the Cubs organization and fans, signifying to me that I am welcomed back into the Cubs family and have their support going forward. I am relieved and hopeful that the saga of the 2003 foul ball incident surrounding my family and me is finally over.

I humbly receive the ring not only as a symbol of one of the most historic achievements in sports, but as an important reminder for how we should treat each other in today’s society. My hope is that we all can learn from my experience to view sports as entertainment and prevent harsh scapegoating, and to challenge the media and opportunistic profiteers to conduct business ethically by respecting personal privacy rights and not exploit any individual to advance their own self-interest or economic gain.

Moreover, I am hopeful this ring gesture will be the start of an important healing and reconciliation process for all involved. To that end, I request the media please respect my privacy, and the privacy of my family. I will not participate in interviews or further public statements at this time.

Words alone cannot express my heartfelt thanks to the Ricketts family, Crane Kenney, Theo Epstein, and the entire
    Cubs organization for this extraordinary gift, and for providing the City of Chicago and Cubs fans everywhere an
    unforgettable World Championship in 2016. I am happy to be reunited with the Cubs family and positively moving
    forward with my life."

• Options

“Although I do not consider myself worthy of such an honor, I am deeply moved and sincerely grateful to receive an official Chicago Cubs 2016 World Series Championship ring. I am fully aware of the historical significance and appreciate the symbolism the ring represents on multiple levels. My family and I will cherish it for generations. Most meaningful is the genuine outreach from the Ricketts family, on behalf of the Cubs organization and fans, signifying to me that I am welcomed back into the Cubs family and have their support going forward. I am relieved and hopeful that the saga of the 2003 foul ball incident surrounding my family and me is finally over.

I humbly receive the ring not only as a symbol of one of the most historic achievements in sports, but as an important reminder for how we should treat each other in today’s society. My hope is that we all can learn from my experience to view sports as entertainment and prevent harsh scapegoating, and to challenge the media and opportunistic profiteers to conduct business ethically by respecting personal privacy rights and not exploit any individual to advance their own self-interest or economic gain.

Moreover, I am hopeful this ring gesture will be the start of an important healing and reconciliation process for all involved. To that end, I request the media please respect my privacy, and the privacy of my family. I will not participate in interviews or further public statements at this time.

Words alone cannot express my heartfelt thanks to the Ricketts family, Crane Kenney, Theo Epstein, and the entire
    Cubs organization for this extraordinary gift, and for providing the City of Chicago and Cubs fans everywhere an
    unforgettable World Championship in 2016. I am happy to be reunited with the Cubs family and positively moving
    forward with my life."

Can't they just leave this fucking guy alone already?!?!?  
  • Options
    edited July 2017

forward with my life."

Who?  The Cubs?  This was all the fans' fault and the media as he mentioned (and I'll throw in Moises Alou, for good measure).  Nothing to do with the organization.  I think it's a very professional and classy move for the Chicago Cubs to extend this offer to Mr. Bartman.  I'm sure if he harbored any disdain or pain from the organization itself, he might have declined.  Perhaps this is the first big step in everyone - the Cubs, the fans, and the media - moving forward for the better.

For all that Mr. Bartman has endured, this is an exceptional offering by the organization on behalf of anyone and everyone who has ridiculed him for 14 years.

Now, we, the fans, should "leave him alone already."  Ease his pain.
  • Options

forward with my life."

Who?  The Cubs?  This was all the fans' fault and the media as he mentioned (and I'll throw in Moises Alou, for good measure).  Nothing to do with the organization.  I think it's a very professional and classy move for the Chicago Cubs to extend this offer to Mr. Bartman.  I'm sure if he harbored any disdain or pain from the organization itself, he might have declined.  Perhaps this is the first big step in everyone - the Cubs, the fans, and the media - moving forward for the better.

For all the Mr. Bartman has endured, this is an exceptional offering by the organization on behalf of anyone and everyone who has ridiculed him for 14 years.

Oh yeah- very nice gesture by the Cubs.  Just drives me nuts every time we hear about this guy...he has made it clear he doesn't want to talk to the media and just wants to be left alone.  I just feel bad for the guy....his life was ruined by the idiot fans who blamed him and the media who wouldn't leave him alone.  Alex Gonzalez is the one who everyone should have blamed!!
  • Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985

forward with my life."

For all the Mr. Bartman has endured, this is an exceptional offering by the organization on behalf of anyone and everyone who has ridiculed him for 14 years.

Oh yeah- very nice gesture by the Cubs.  Just drives me nuts every time we hear about this guy...he has made it clear he doesn't want to talk to the media and just wants to be left alone.  I just feel bad for the guy....his life was ruined by the idiot fans who blamed him and the media who wouldn't leave him alone.  Alex Gonzalez is the one who everyone should have blamed!!
    Aint that the truth!  My Detroit buddies always asked me how I could believe that Alou catches that ball, but not blame Bartman for the loss.  Alex Gonzalez and his boot on a taylor-made, sunday-hop double play ball is always the answer.  
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Good for Bartman.  I hope this provides some form of closure. I wonder if he has gone back to Wrigley.  I would guess the answer is yes.  I know I couldn't pick him out of a crowd without the exact same outfit he wore in '03 and I'm guessing this would apply to most fans (if not all).  Hopefully he has returned. 
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    How bout Lester with his first career dinger last night?? Simply awesome.
  • Options
    bflynn1 said:
    How bout Lester with his first career dinger last night?? Simply awesome.
    Yeah buddy!  He almost hit one out his last start.  Dude's showing some power as of late.

• Options
    I'm loving the bullpen dance offs too haha
  • Options
    Wilson Contreras is a man on a mission!

Carl Edwards, on the other hand, needs to stop walking so damn many guys. Has not been sharp lately. 
  • Options
    This team simply cannot compete this year. Can't beat anyone over .500 and hell, that wasn't even close to the best the Nationals can offer.

Why does Daniel Murphy ALWAYS beat the holy living fuck out of us??
    6-11 2B 2HR 3RBI 1BB 5R on the series 
  • Options
    Lost a series to the worst team in baseball.  So, what does that make us?
  • Options
    Homer Bailey had 31 strikeouts on the year before yesterday's start.  He now has 41.  Why hasn't our hitting coach been fired???!!!
  • Options
    Joe "How Can I Ruin An Awesome 9-run Comeback Late In The Game Oh I Know Let Me Put Justin Suck Ass Grimm In" Maddon.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,762
    Yeah, blowing an epic comeback like that kind of stings. Especially after a "walk off" win the night before. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Our bullpen is pure dog shit top to bottom.  No more sugar coating it for me.  It's beyond frustrating. 
  • Options
    Duensing & Strop have been the only consistent setup men.  Everyone is gonna have a bad outing or three, but it seems like the rest of the guys only have a good outing or three in them.
  • Options
    We've won 4 straight going into today which means the Reds will likely take this series.
  • Options
    Really hoping we can create some space between us and the Cardinals before the 7 games we have left with them. Hell, just pull away from everyone. I'm not expecting a repeat World Series appearance, just want us to make the playoffs.
  • Options
    If they strike out 10+ times against Homer Bailey again today, I'm gonna flip shit.  We need to beat the living fuck out of that 8.84 ERA.
  • Options
    We need to take care of business and win every series when playing the lesser teams.  If we can go into Busch and split at worst, I'm fine with it.  Milwaukee has been winning a lot as well so the remaining games against them and the Redbirds will be crucial. 
  • Options
    Bad loss tonight. Fucking bullpen strikes again. 
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I swear if we lose 3 of 4 or get swept by the god damn Pirates...