Options

Betterman 1989

tbergstbergs Posts: 9,231
The video is a bit rough, but it's amazing how close to the final recording Eddie's vocals sound back in '89.
https://youtu.be/pco5t4ljIiY
It's a hopeless situation...

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Stickman24Stickman24 Posts: 210
    edited August 2017
    I know I've watched that 100 times.  Told a friend it was first performed in 89 he didn't believe me. 
  • Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    Wow!

What's interesting is that the video seems to have been uploaded nine years ago, but nobody seems to have noticed it until now.
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,865
    Bad Radio had some good songs
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,317
    edited August 2017
    Sarah said:
    Wow!

What's interesting is that the video seems to have been uploaded nine years ago, but nobody seems to have noticed it until now.
    media or us? I thought most everyone here knew this by now
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Sarah said:
    Wow!

It's not a secret...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    First time I've actually listened to Eddie in Bad Radio even though I've known about it for years. Lots of funk sound. The man has a knack for improv.
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,366
    Find the songs Homeless and Believe You Me as well. 3 amazing songs from those years that totally could be or are PJ songs. I was lucky to find these on an old cassette tape at a record show (yes I'm old) in 94. I remember buying it on my way to Boston to see them at the garden.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,317
    edited August 2017
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,997
    I always liked Believe You Me. Hope theres an old PJ recording that surfaces during PJ28.
  • Options
    Stickman24Stickman24 Posts: 210
    That would be cool
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,865
    used to talk with Dave Silva the Bassist wayyy wayy back when the band first formed (Pearl jam) he was always cool answering my fan boy questions about Vedder.  He had a new band Big Head or something, felt bad he never got to be part of the era. I hope he is living a great life.