The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    God dammit. Gonna have to beat sale to take the series...
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,266
    i thought the nickname uniforms was supposed to be all weekend. I barely noticed
    I miss igotid88
    Fuck yeah
    igotid88 said:
    i thought the nickname uniforms was supposed to be all weekend. I barely noticed
    Wasn't this weekend I don't think. I didn't see any of Friday but they wore pinstripes last 2 days
    Fucking kidding me
    igotid88 said:
    Wasn't this weekend I don't think. I didn't see any of Friday but they wore pinstripes last 2 days
    Aug 25-27
    I miss igotid88
    Kahnle's music is Shinsuke Nakamura's theme?
    I miss igotid88
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,961
    igotid88 said:
    Gardner will be the first Yankee to have his last name on the back of the jersey
    None of the other guys realized this. Here's a guy who has a real nickname and was smart enough to realize the implications while many of the other ones are complete reaches.   I mean - All Rise?   That's not a nickname.  It's a terribly gimmicky hr call by a terrible announcer.   
    Grown ass men getting all huffy about baseball jerseys for a couple days. 
    Would you rather us stand idle and say nothing? C'mon man.  I like batflips but alternate jerseys I can't stand...
    Then you probably won't be a fan of this story:  http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/With-Didis-Emojis-Clown-Face-Squid-Join-Babe--Boss-Yankees-Twitter-Tweet-440044723.html
    That article is all over the place!

I like didi's tweets which has nothing to do with alternate Jerseys.
    Awful awful loss.
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,064
    Awful awful loss.
    some questionable stuff here by Girardi,
    1 - using Chapman for a second inning
    2 - not using Ellsbury as a pinch runner when Headley got on to steal second
    Montgomery was decent, though more lucky he has good defenders in the outfield. As bad as Chapman was, Devers is impressive for the Red Sox.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    edited August 2017
    Awful awful loss.
    Montgomery was decent, though more lucky he has good defenders in the outfield. As bad as Chapman was, Devers is impressive for the Red Sox.
    I think this has been a fairly questionable year for Girardi.  I am curious to see if they keep him.

So yeah, the Ellsbury thing.  Had him pinch hit rather than pinch run, then you bunt (Torreyes) Headley over who is likely going to take 2 hits to score from 2nd anyways.

I thought Chapman was dealing before the Devers home run.  Hanley looked like a fool.

I went to sleep after bottom 9.
    Awful awful loss.
    I think this has been a fairly questionable year for Girardi.  I am curious to see if they keep him.

So yeah, the Ellsbury thing.  Had him pinch hit rather than pinch run, then you bunt (Torreyes) Headley over who is likely going to take 2 hits to score from 2nd anyways.

I thought Chapman was dealing before the Devers home run.  Hanley looked like a fool.

I went to sleep after bottom 9.
    I think it will depend on Girardi if he wants to stay more than if they let him go.
    I miss igotid88
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,416
    Fan during last night's game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLD9Zp0QZKI

i hate when we make the opposing pitcher who has a above 5 e.r.a. look good
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    The difference is that all those players are actually catchers where Sanchez is still trying...
    igotid88 said:
    The difference is that all those players are actually catchers where Sanchez is still trying...
    This catching situation is so overblown.  He is fine.
    igotid88 said:
    Just like Schwarber is fine in the outfield?

As long as he wins games with his bat and doesn't lose them with his glove, then yes.
    igotid88 said:
    Just like Schwarber is fine in the outfield?

As long as he wins games with his bat and doesn't lose them with his glove, then yes.
    He has one big league season in him and his defense outside of )a quick rash of passed balls is fine.  Yes, he has a lot but it equals one a week so far, which I don't think is the biggest deal in the world.  Also, this. He is and will be fine.

• Framing: +4.0 runs (13th)
    • Blocking: -1.3 runs (80th)
    • Throwing: +0.8 runs (10th)
    • Total Fielding: +3.5 runs (15th)
    I will go further to say that Sanchez is the cornerstone piece of the young crop of players and is my favorite home grown player.

I don't think we know what we are going to get out of Judge at this point.  I really like Frazier too, but Sanchez I think, is going to be around for a very long time.
    Some good stuff here on both Jeter and Sanchez.

I have been wondering what this means for the Jeter-Yankees relationship as well.

http://riveraveblues.com/2017/08/thoughts-in-the-middle-of-the-2017-subway-series-159197/

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,220
    New MLB record for the Judge...33 straight games with a strikeout. 

Impressive
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

Impressive
    :rofl:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    I will go further to say that Sanchez is the cornerstone piece of the young crop of players and is my favorite home grown player.

I don't think we know what we are going to get out of Judge at this point.  I really like Frazier too, but Sanchez I think, is going to be around for a very long time.
    I like him too.  He's the more polished of the bunch.

If Judge gets back to his old self though?  Look out.  Watching the game last night the announcers dissected Judge's stance.

Also heard some interesting things about closers and their shelf life being 3-4 years tops.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,817

If Judge gets back to his old self though?  Look out.  Watching the game last night the announcers dissected Judge's stance.

Also heard some interesting things about closers and their shelf life being 3-4 years tops.
    Mo destroyed that theory!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:

Mo destroyed that theory!
    Only one player though.  We/I got so used to seeing him I really thought that was supposed to be the norm...

Impressive
    I said earlier this year that that stretch was likely the best stretch of his career.  That said, strikeouts were always going to come.  It has been the case at every level.

He is still third in the big leagues in OPS, even with this stretch.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,189

Impressive
    I said earlier this year that that stretch was likely the best stretch of his career.  That said, strikeouts were always going to come.  It has been the case at every level.

just curious to know if Yankee fans kill him for the strikeouts as much as Phils fans killed Ryan Howard for the strikeouts?
    pjhawks said:

Impressive

just curious to know if Yankee fans kill him for the strikeouts as much as Phils fans killed Ryan Howard for the strikeouts?
    Not yet, but he's only 600 at bats into his career. We'll see what he ends up. 
    pjhawks said:

Impressive

I ridiculed Howard for the K's.  If Judge's OPS drops then I'll start complaining.