Comments

• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Not cool to be toppling statues I'd rather government put plaques up next to them pointing out what the statues represent ! 
    I agree, and many of them do actually do have plaques telling the history...but but "racism" 200 years ago...
    maybe the berlin wall should have stayed up, just add a few doors and graffiti some unicorns on it. 
    False equivalency
    how so?

you don't need to keep monuments up that incite racism and hate. put it in a museum if you wish to remind people who want to pay to be reminded. I live in Winnipeg, where we have the Canadian Museum for Human Rights. It's a fucking depressing place, but it reminds you of the horrors of what was done in the past. that is necessary. 

what isn't necessary is leaving something in public view for people to worship hate and reinforce their shitty beliefs. 
    Hey, I'm with you.  I'm a bit of a historian and would much rather historical artifacts be placed in a museum or something...but no, anger anger hulk smash!
    but that's not how it started. 

-public pressure convinces political leaders to evaluate confederate flags and statues/monuments
    -racists protest their right to "honour their history" (AKA: worship racists in public)
    -THIS is where the anger comes in. the sheer audacity that in 2017 we are still having this fight. tell me again how long ago the civil war was? you don't think this anger is justified?
    The anger, yes, the actions...no.  There is a difference.
    of course there is. I don't condone violence on either side unless it is self-defense. I just saw a video of an angry mob taking down a confederate statue, and at least one guy started kicking it. I don't agree with that at all. Due process. Do it the right way, legally. Doing it the wrong way just gives credence to the other side's message. 
    Exactly!  That is the point I've been trying to make all along.  Why is this concept so hard for people to understand.  
    People have understood what you were trying to say. It was the delivery of the message that people took exception to (seemed to be suggesting something else).

Perhaps, I feel like "some" merely jump to conclusions and get defensive when anything remotely critical of left wing ideology or practices comes to play.  They then resort to calling you a Nazi and twisting words in an attempt to demonize.  It's par for the norm in these parts though.
    Same as suggesting every liberal is an angry antifa idiot. 
    Once again twisting words.  Where did I say that I think every liberal is an Antifa idiot?  There are a few around here that get defensive any time I even mention Antifa in negative light that, and you are right, I am guilty of "assuming" them to be part of the club.  
  • JC29856 said:
    dignin said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:
    I really miss the sweat cover beast in the back named Dave! Hi Dave
    Imagine he and Ed on a solo anti-trump tour?

Abbruzzese shot back, “Jeff… on behalf of myself and Peg, Please shut up. Please. I’m sick of it. Whatever you say, I dont give a shit. Donald Trump is a poor choice to lead any country. He isnt qualified to be in the position he is in. Anyone that thinks otherwise is just trying to survive without a crippling panic attack. He isnt whats wrong or right with anything. He is a mess and the his presidency couldn’t have come at a worse time. America and the rest of the world does not have this four years to play with. Pull your head out iof whatever ass you are sticking in to hide from the frightening truth. This show of ignorance and stupidity are the result of the ‘Keep Americans Stupid and Full of Pride’ campaign that has been being waged on the citizens of the USA by its government nonstop starting with the war on drugs profit race. What are you proud of today, America? This is just fucking embarrassing.”

https://www.alternativenation.net/ex-pearl-jam-drummer-tells-president-trump-supporter-pull-head-ass-shut/

add in Flea on bass and you have yourself a winner. 
    Tom Morello be my choice on bass but I'm okay with the Dave and Ed show.
    Tom Morello?
    yes...
    On bass?......YES
    Guitar.
    yes...bass guitar. Tom Morello. 
    prefer the Dave and Ed acoustic show thou.
    they should come together and unite for the common cause against trump. No confederate state shows those, these are for yankees only. it has the potential to be awesome.
    Tom plays a mean lead guitar. What is this bass stuff?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    JC29856 said:
    dignin said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:

Abbruzzese shot back, “Jeff… on behalf of myself and Peg, Please shut up. Please. I’m sick of it. Whatever you say, I dont give a shit. Donald Trump is a poor choice to lead any country. He isnt qualified to be in the position he is in. Anyone that thinks otherwise is just trying to survive without a crippling panic attack. He isnt whats wrong or right with anything. He is a mess and the his presidency couldn’t have come at a worse time. America and the rest of the world does not have this four years to play with. Pull your head out iof whatever ass you are sticking in to hide from the frightening truth. This show of ignorance and stupidity are the result of the ‘Keep Americans Stupid and Full of Pride’ campaign that has been being waged on the citizens of the USA by its government nonstop starting with the war on drugs profit race. What are you proud of today, America? This is just fucking embarrassing.”

https://www.alternativenation.net/ex-pearl-jam-drummer-tells-president-trump-supporter-pull-head-ass-shut/

Tom Morello?
    yes...
    On bass?......YES
    Guitar.
    they should come together and unite for the common cause against trump. No confederate state shows thou, these are for yankees only. it has the potential to be awesome.
    Bass has 4 strings.
    JC29856 said:
    dignin said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:

Tom Morello?
    yes...
    On bass?......YES
    Guitar.
    they should come together and unite for the common cause against trump. No confederate state shows those, these are for yankees only. it has the potential to be awesome.
    Tom plays a mean lead guitar. What is this bass stuff?
    I don't know.
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Not cool to be toppling statues I'd rather government put plaques up next to them pointing out what the statues represent ! 
    I agree, and many of them do actually do have plaques telling the history...but but "racism" 200 years ago...
    maybe the berlin wall should have stayed up, just add a few doors and graffiti some unicorns on it. 
    False equivalency
    how so?

you don't need to keep monuments up that incite racism and hate. put it in a museum if you wish to remind people who want to pay to be reminded. I live in Winnipeg, where we have the Canadian Museum for Human Rights. It's a fucking depressing place, but it reminds you of the horrors of what was done in the past. that is necessary. 

what isn't necessary is leaving something in public view for people to worship hate and reinforce their shitty beliefs. 
    Hey, I'm with you.  I'm a bit of a historian and would much rather historical artifacts be placed in a museum or something...but no, anger anger hulk smash!

-public pressure convinces political leaders to evaluate confederate flags and statues/monuments
    -racists protest their right to "honour their history" (AKA: worship racists in public)
    -THIS is where the anger comes in. the sheer audacity that in 2017 we are still having this fight. tell me again how long ago the civil war was? you don't think this anger is justified?
    of course there is. I don't condone violence on either side unless it is self-defense. I just saw a video of an angry mob taking down a confederate statue, and at least one guy started kicking it. I don't agree with that at all. Due process. Do it the right way, legally. Doing it the wrong way just gives credence to the other side's message. 
    Exactly!  That is the point I've been trying to make all along.  Why is this concept so hard for people to understand.  
    People have understood what you were trying to say. It was the delivery of the message that people took exception to (seemed to be suggesting something else).

Perhaps, I feel like "some" merely jump to conclusions and get defensive when anything remotely critical of left wing ideology or practices comes to play.  They then resort to calling you a Nazi and twisting words in an attempt to demonize.  It's par for the norm in these parts though.
    Timing might have been a factor.

Left wing/ right wing ideological debate is legitimate, but challenging in the context of a woman protesting Nazis and getting killed by a coward for doing so.
    I forget, people need time to cry and express their anger before being able to carry on conversations.  I'll wait a day or two next time.  My bad...
    edited August 2017
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    False equivalency
    how so?

Once again twisting words.  Where did I say that I think every liberal is an Antifa idiot?  There are a few around here that get defensive any time I even mention Antifa in negative light that, and you are right, I am guilty of "assuming" them to be part of the club.  
    We are just pointing out that anti-fascists are not equivalent to Nazi's. Not even close....not in the same hemisphere, solar system, galaxy, universe.

You think they are. You are wrong. Why is that so hard to understand?
    Post edited by dignin on
  • PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    False equivalency
    how so?

Timing might have been a factor.

Left wing/ right wing ideological debate is legitimate, but challenging in the context of a woman protesting Nazis and getting killed by a coward for doing so.
    I forget, people need time to cry and express their anger before being able to carry on conversations.  I'll wait a day or two next time.  My bad...
    Don't be like that.

Right wing ideology was not under attack. Nazis were. Any defence put forth against the criticism they face is seen as a defence for them. It is that simple.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    edited August 2017
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    False equivalency
    how so?

We are just pointing out that anti-fascists are not equivalent to Nazi's. Not even close....not in the same hemisphere, solar system, galaxy, universe.

You think they are. You are wrong. Why is that so hard to understand.
    Hey, I am totally anti-fascist myself.  But this "Antifa" group is NOT that.  They fly under that flag, but their actions are the complete opposite.  They are a hate group if I've ever seen one.  Their rhetoric and methods are actually quite similar to what was seen with the "true" Nazis that our grandfathers fought.  Similarly to how some far right groups claim to be "Patriots" if you want to put it into context.  They are a violent hate group, nothing more, nothing less.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    False equivalency
    how so?

You think they are. You are wrong. Why is that so hard to understand?

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    False equivalency
    how so?

Hey, I am totally anti-fascist myself.  But this "Antifa" group is NOT that.  They fly under that flag, but their actions are the complete opposite.  They are a hate group if I've ever seen one.  Similarly to how some far right groups claim to be "Patriots" if you want to put it into context.  They are a violent hate group, nothing more, nothing less.
    Who do they hate then?
  • Latest tweet folks....

For every CEO that drops out of the Manufacturing Council, I have many to take their place. Grandstanders should not have gone on. JOBS!

dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    False equivalency
    how so?

Hey, I am totally anti-fascist myself.  But this "Antifa" group is NOT that.  They fly under that flag, but their actions are the complete opposite.  They are a hate group if I've ever seen one.  Similarly to how some far right groups claim to be "Patriots" if you want to put it into context.  They are a violent hate group, nothing more, nothing less.
    Who do they hate then?
    Anyone who does not perfectly align with them.  Moderate Democrats, moderate Republicans...really anyone in their way.  They are simply a product of far far left ideology.  I actually doubt that most of the members join for any reason other than to have an outlet to set shit on fire and get into fights.  They most definitely do not seem concerned about law or order yet sure as hell beg for police help when they get hit back.  They are not the whole problem, but definitely not part of any kind of solution or "progress".  A bunch of bullies supposedly against bullies...
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    This is what real leadership in trying times reads like.

To the members of the community,

History teaches us that human beings are capable of evil. When we see it, we must call it what it is, repudiate it and reject it.

This weekend in Charlottesville, Virginia, we witnessed a strand of hatred. White supremacy and anti-Semitism, whether embodied by neo-Nazis, the Ku Klux Klan or others, are bankrupt ideologies with a wicked aim as plain as our need to repel it.

The United States must remain a country of freedom, tolerance and liberty for all. To keep that promise, it must always remain a place where those who hold radically opposing views can voice them. However, when an ideology contends that some people are less human than others, and when that ideology commands violence in the name of racial purity, we must reject that ideology as evil.

I write to you this morning because I believe that the events of this weekend embody a threat of direct concern to our community.

A great glory of the United States is the enduring institutions and ideals of our civil society. The independent judiciary. The free press. The universities. Free speech. The rule of law. The belief that we are all created equal. Each one reinforces and draws strength from the others. When those pillars come under attack, society is endangered. I believe we all have a responsibility to protect them—with a sense of profound gratitude for the freedoms they guarantee.

Let us with one voice reject hatred—whatever its form. Let us unite in mourning those who lost their lives to this struggle in Charlottesville. And let us work for goodwill among us all.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    False equivalency
    how so?

You didn't "mention antifa in a negative light". you asked someone directly if they "were an antifa idiot". big difference. just pointing out the potential hypocrisy is all. Yes, I should have said "some" instead of "every". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,995
    Trump tweeted this this morning.  He deleted it after about 20 minutes (I think).  

Wow.  Not very presidential.  After a woman was killed by a car this weekend.  

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Enkidu said:
    Trump tweeted this this morning.  He deleted it after about 20 minutes (I think).  

Wow.  Not very presidential.  After a woman was killed by a car this weekend.  

President Excrement. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    False equivalency
    how so?

Who do they hate then?
    Anyone who does not perfectly align with them.  Moderate Democrats, moderate Republicans...really anyone in their way.  They are simply a product of far far left ideology.  I actually doubt that most of the members join for any reason other than to have an outlet to set shit on fire and get into fights.  They most definitely do not seem concerned about law or order yet sure as hell beg for police help when they get hit back.  They are not the whole problem, but definitely not part of any kind of solution or "progress".  A bunch of bullies supposedly against bullies...
    lol you just described the alt right both are wrong , ignoring these hate groups would be the best counter position to follow but we know it's impossible!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    No more.

If the administration doesn't fully commit to do all it can to stop these misguided criminals, then they are derelict in their duties.  I'm talking FBI (or crowd sourced) video and still photography analysis to ID those unhooded losers.  MS-13 on Long Island?  Muslims?  Mexicans?Those sorry KKK need to be gotten off the streets, that thuggish behavior is unacceptable.

You been so busy enjoying your win, so do something to protect the American people from the roving gangs of automatic weapon carrying white trash who have taken it upon themselves to Make America Great Again, by pissing on the civil rights of normal people.  

Unless you want another civil war with assault rifles.  Those bros in the camo?  Alt-Right militia...

Destruction of the administrative state indeed.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    This is all so awful
    hippiemom = goodness
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    False equivalency
    how so?

Who do they hate then?
    lol you just described the alt right both are wrong , ignoring these hate groups would be the best counter position to follow but we know it's impossible!
    They have a growing symbiotic relationship.  They will never ignore each other because it is seen in their eyes as conceding.  We cannot ignore them because the media also has developed a symbiotic relationship...
    The far near middle left isn't the problem.
    Their left's anger is righteous.  
    Riots bad.
    Patriots    Remove the P (#PTAPE)   AT RIOTS
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:

Tom Morello?
    yes...
    On bass?
    Hendrix was a much better bassist. 
    mrussel1 said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:

Tom Morello?
    yes...
    On bass?
    Hendrix was a much better bassist. 
    His star spangled banner bass solo was second to none.
    edited August 2017
    Standing up to Nazi hatred, even if your only defense is a plywood shield and a hockey helmet, patriotic.  

Your DEFENSE against such losers should be the US government.
This discussion has been closed.