Poll--The Weakest Link: Rearviewmirror Winner -- Black

MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
edited August 2017 in The Porch
Here we are continue evaluating each LP from the Greatest Hits release Rearviewmirror.

We now have a  winner from each LP and those 4 will now compete to find the Ultimate Greatest Hit.
Winner for LP 1 = Alive - Eliminated Round 2
Winner for LP 2 = Rearviewmirror
Winner for LP 3 = Black
Winner for LP 4 = Given To Fly - Eliminated Round 1

For anyone new to the game:
You are going to pick the song that you think is the "Weakest Link" the song with the fewest votes at the end will be crowned CHAMPION.

Poll will close on Friday, 8/18 at 3:30pm cst

Poll--The Weakest Link: Rearviewmirror Winner -- Black 104 votes

Rearviewmirror
55%
darwinstheoryAndySlashspnoonebootlegger10Force Of NatureSpiritual_Chaoswashedinblack91goldrushlolobuggcutzNo CoderChazzjnikoComeToTXIndifference71P34RL J4MM3RPA JammerdimitrispearljamJimmyVjoberschlake 58 votes
Black
44%
Lizardjeffbrmcgruff10NewJPageevenflow82releaseNYHebejebepearljimryph raphdannyNamiBrainofBGAtbergsTim SimmonsSmellymanHesCalledDyerRP112579RS151862Gern Blanstendot30 46 votes
Post edited by MedozK on

Comments

• derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Black

Should've been gone last round!!

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    Rearviewmirror
    Black for the Win!  
    NYPJ
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 900
    Rearviewmirror
    cant believe so many people love RVM.  Its alright but find it a bit repetitive 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Rearviewmirror
    Hard to imagine Alive being voted off of any poll.  Since it is, have to go with Black for the W. 
  • Black
    Both very worthy winners. RVM is just more me. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Black
    rvm is my idea of what pearl jam sounds like.  rvm for the win!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Rearviewmirror
    Have no clue how RVM can be PJ's best song.  No clue.  Makes zero sense to me.    This is why we vote though!
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Rearviewmirror
    You guys screwed up the voting last round making this round among the easiest votes I've cast. Black and Alive are top 3-5 PJ songs. RVM is top 10 and it might be close.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Rearviewmirror
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    Black
    RVM might win?  Wow!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    edited August 2017
    Black
    No Alive? Boooooo!
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Black
    If RVM doesn't win then I will have fully lost my faith in the musical tastes of this group.  

Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Stickman24Stickman24 Posts: 210
    Black
    Yeah alive should've won 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Rearviewmirror
    ^^^this...but then again they all are not going the way I would like for them too. However as of now I have made the deciding vote.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Rearviewmirror
    RVM is a good song. It is not Pearl Jam's greatest song.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Rearviewmirror
    i think Black is one of the best songs out there :wink:
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Black
    This will be pretty close, hopefully RVM gets through!
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Black
    JimmyV said:
    RVM is a good song. It is not Pearl Jam's greatest song.
    It's one of their most uniquely structured songs.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    edited August 2017
    Black
    This is utter horseshit.
    Yeah, "Black" is a good song, famous, do do  doot do- do do do, and all that, but RVM sounds far more creative to me, a more unique song structure, great energy and dynamics. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Black
    brianlux said:
    This is utter horseshit.
    Yeah, "Black" is a good song, famous, do do  doot do- do do do, and all that, but RVM sounds far more creative to me, a more unique song structure, great energy and dynamics. 
    Yes!!!!!
    this final brings up a very interesting question: is Pearl Jam better known for their slow or fast songs?
    Rearviewmirror
    mcgruff10 said:
    brianlux said:
    This is utter horseshit.
    Yes!!!!!
    this final brings up a very interesting question: is Pearl Jam better known for their slow or fast songs?
    That's tough to answer, but in my opinion there are probably more slow songs that the average fan knows. 
    edited August 2017
    Black
    mcgruff10 said:
    brianlux said:
    This is utter horseshit.
    Yes!!!!!
    I mostly prefer the songs on the "Up Side" LPs to the ones on the "Down Side" ones. 

Let's see. Narrowing it down a bit:
    Alive, Even Flow. Jeremy, Go, Animal, RVM, Corduroy, I Got Shit, Hail Hail, Do The Evolution
    vs.
    Black, Daughter, Small Town, Better Man, Immortality, Given To Fly, YLB

I think I'd give a slight edge to the faster songs. Heck, why is I Got Shit on the "Up Side" and Given To Fly on the "Down Side?" They both belong on the same disc to me!

Edit: Admittedly, some of their best slower songs didn't even make the compilation. Release... Indifference...Present Tense...all fantastic songs that deserve to be promoted to the masses. 
    Post edited by rummy on
    Black
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    brianlux said:
    This is utter horseshit.
    Yes!!!!!
    I mostly prefer the songs on the "Up Side" LPs to the ones on the "Down Side" ones. 

Alive, Even Flow. Jeremy, Go, Animal, RVM, Corduroy, I Got Shit, Hail Hail, Do The Evolution
    vs.

I think I'd give a slight edge to the faster songs. Heck, why is I Got Shit on the "Up Side" and Given To Fly on the "Down Side?" They both belong on the same disc to me!

Edit: Admittedly, some of their best slower songs didn't even make the compilation. Release... Indifference...Present Tense...all fantastic songs that deserve to be promoted to the masses. 
    it's such a tough call!!  I love them both!
    Rearviewmirror
    mcgruff10 said:
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    brianlux said:
    This is utter horseshit.
    Yes!!!!!

vs.

it's such a tough call!!  I love them both!
    Same here! 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Black
    Easy vote for me between these two. Other votes have been tougher.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    edited August 2017
    Black
    It's funny. Black is definitely one of their best (most beloved) songs - still love how they held it back from being a single (it would have been HUGE) - and it's often voted as the number one song in these types of polls. However, since I prefer Alive, I tend to think I like less. In other words, I will often vote against the song out of spite!

(I feel a Seinfeld reference coming on.)
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Black
    Apparently this poll has torn off the RVM and gone Black.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Black
    This poll is nuts.