The National Football League

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Make Football Great Again!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    He'll appeal and get 4 games.  Sad.

The NFL - give us your woman beaters, your gun toters, your drunk drivers yearning to rush for 1000 yards.  But don't you dare peacefully kneel during the anthem in protest against violence and racism.
    stop already. if Kaepernick was as good as Elliott he'd be employed.
    Ryan Fitzpatrick? Jay Cutler? Brock Osweiler? Mark Sanchez? Blaine Gabbert?  He's no worse than any of these employed QBs. The very latter of whom was benched for Kaepernick in the 2016 season.
    Yeah but its the baggage that comes with signing him that no one wants to touch.
    Plus the Castro shirt that he wore to Miami. That sure helped him in NOT getting signed by Miami.

So it's not a talent issue. Glad we cleared that up.  Can we also stop calling a peaceful protest "baggage," etc?
    curious if you have you ever had to hire or fire someone? the bigger the talent the more rope they get before they get to hang themselves.  the less talented and more easily replaced i'm always going to hire the one who will most likely cause less headaches. alas average to below average kaepernick doesn't have a job when many other average to below average schmucks do.   Is this really hard for people to understand?  it shouldn't be.
    So you agree that his talent level isn't the issue.  Like I said, glad we cleared that up.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

The NFL - give us your woman beaters, your gun toters, your drunk drivers yearning to rush for 1000 yards.  But don't you dare peacefully kneel during the anthem in protest against violence and racism.
    Ryan Fitzpatrick? Jay Cutler? Brock Osweiler? Mark Sanchez? Blaine Gabbert?  He's no worse than any of these employed QBs. The very latter of whom was benched for Kaepernick in the 2016 season.
    Yeah but its the baggage that comes with signing him that no one wants to touch.
    Plus the Castro shirt that he wore to Miami. That sure helped him in NOT getting signed by Miami.

So it's not a talent issue. Glad we cleared that up.  Can we also stop calling a peaceful protest "baggage," etc?
    curious if you have you ever had to hire or fire someone? the bigger the talent the more rope they get before they get to hang themselves.  the less talented and more easily replaced i'm always going to hire the one who will most likely cause less headaches. alas average to below average kaepernick doesn't have a job when many other average to below average schmucks do.   Is this really hard for people to understand?  it shouldn't be.
    So you agree that his talent level isn't the issue.  Like I said, glad we cleared that up.
    what part of average to below average can't you understand?
  • pjhawks said:

It is baggage. What else would you call a huge distraction you bring everywhere you go?  Peaceful protest or not, it's HUGE baggage and costing him a job.
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Dude, you just said given two people with the same talent level, you're going to hire the one with fewer headaches.  So it is obviously not his level of talent keeping him from getting the job.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    kaepernick is much more talented than many of the backup QBs in the league.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    probably more talented than a few starters, too....
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Dude, you just said given two people with the same talent level, you're going to hire the one with fewer headaches.  So it is obviously not his level of talent keeping him from getting the job.
    i know you aren't this dense but it's a combination of talent and whatever you want to call what comes with him.

star with kaepernicks background  or much worse (see E. Elliott or have the Cowboys team ) = employed
    average or below average talent with kaepernick's background = not employed

got it now or do you need further instruction? 
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Can we all at least just agree that the NFL is the absolute fucking worst?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited August 2017
    Wobbie said:
    kaepernick is much more talented than many of the backup QBs in the league.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/colin-kaepernick-is-not-supposed-to-be-unemployed/

It's entirely because of this stupid national anthem thing. He's clearly better than most if not all backups and would easily would have been signed by some team just to see if they could salvage and remake his career like Andy Reid did with Vick (and what he did was obviously way worse)

And most of the people pissed at him for "disrespecting the military" are the same dopes who voted for a guy who made fun of POW's, gold star parents, Purple Heart recipients and lied about donating money to veterans. One of these people is way more offensive than the other. 

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    Kaep said he won't kneel anymore. So there won't be any controversy.
    I miss igotid88
    Can we all at least just agree that the NFL is the absolute fucking worst?
    They have yet to allow skinheads to own sections in stadiums like soccer and are pretty good about not letting fans setting the stands on fire and shooting flares and bananas at black players.  

Soccer is is by far the worst. 
    b
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    edited August 2017
    Marshawn Lynch is awesome 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    igotid88 said:
    Kaep said he won't kneel anymore. So there won't be any controversy.
    Yep.  Kaep wants his cake and to eat too.   Very simple.  His football acumen to bullshit ratio is not good enough for teams to hire him.  Many other jobs out there for activists if that is what he wants to be.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Football is turning into a joke anyway. 
    So I guess the Raiders should cut him now
    chinese-happy.jpg
    yea a guy who was arrested for hit and run and another case of DUI is awesome not to mention his refusal to take part in one of his jobs duties aka dealing with media.  great guy :confused:
    I think the whole obligation to the media is stupid; I wouldn't want to be forced into it.  On the other hand, by signing an NFL contract you're agreeing to those terms.  Perhaps they should remove the media clause and introduce a don't break the law clause.  But then there wouldn't be enough players to fill a roster.
    I think the whole obligation to the media is stupid; I wouldn't want to be forced into it.  On the other hand, by signing an NFL contract you're agreeing to those terms.  Perhaps they should remove the media clause and introduce a don't break the law clause.  But then there wouldn't be enough players to fill a roster.

I don't know why people care so much about what athletes have to say anyway.
    chinese-happy.jpg

It's all the same cookie cutter cliches every press conference anyway.  Blah blah, we played a great game but still have things to work on, blah blah, execute/execution, blah blah yeah that drive really turned the game around, blah blah turnovers/we just gotta hold onto the ball better, blah blah that's a great team over there hats off to them, yadda yadda.
    edited August 2017

weren't you one of the many who used to complain that Andy Reid never said anything in press conferences?
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    I think it's sad that people are more concerned about how many games a player is suspended. Rather than women getting beaten. It's sad that people are furious over someone kneeling during the National Anthem because "it disrespects our soldiers who fight for freedom". But when people carry Nazi or Confederate flags. Something our soldiers fought against. And actually disrespects our soldiers who died. It's "freedom of speech".
    I miss igotid88
    pjhawks said:

weren't you one of the many who used to complain that Andy Reid never said anything in press conferences?

As you know, I'm kind of a big Bill Belichick fan. You think I give a shit about press conferences? On the list of problems I had with the last decade of Reid's tenure here, press conferences were at the bottom.

Same thing with Hinkie. Always made me laugh when people complained that he never wanted to tip his hand to the media.

chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:

As you know, I'm kind of a big Bill Belichick fan. You think I give a shit about press conferences? On the list of problems I had with the last decade of Reid's tenure here, press conferences were at the bottom.

Same thing with Hinkie. Always made me laugh when people complained that he never wanted to tip his hand to the media.

he was only here 12 years so his last decade he went to 6 playoffs, won 6 playoff games, went to a Super Bowl and two other NFC Championship games and the franchise hasn't won a playoff game since he left.  list of problems in the last decade?  good call :confounded:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

he was only here 12 years so his last decade he went to 6 playoffs, won 6 playoff games, went to a Super Bowl and two other NFC Championship games and the franchise hasn't won a playoff game since he left.  list of problems in the last decade?  good call :confounded:
    1999-2012 equals 12 years to you? Sorry, he was here for 14 seasons and the last 9 were mediocre at best. I know math can be difficult at times but we've been through this.

And he's only won one playoff team since he left and that was against a 3rd string quarterback. 4 playoff wins for him in total since the first term of the Bush administration. Thanks for playing.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

1999-2012 equals 12 years to you? Sorry, he was here for 14 seasons and the last 9 were mediocre at best. I know math can be difficult at times but we've been through this.

And he's only won one playoff team since he left and that was against a 3rd string quarterback. 4 playoff wins for him in total since the first term of the Bush administration. Thanks for playing.
    so wait now it's down to 9 years?  conveniently changing your time frame?  next post by you going to be down to 8?  typical   

so you think 6 playoff appearances and 6 playoff wins in 10 years is mediocre?  still?  come on i know your still hurting due to your boy "the revolutionizing the game" Chip Kelly flaming out of not 1 but 2 NFL jobs so spectacularly but you still can't admit that 6 in 10 years is pretty good especially in this city?

maybe you can move off this topic and tell  everyone in this thread how you think pre-season games are important like you did in the Eagles thread before.  #stillfunny 
    edited August 2017
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

so wait now it's down to 9 years?  conveniently changing your time frame?  next post by you going to be down to 8?  typical   

so you think 6 playoff appearances and 6 playoff wins in 10 years is mediocre?  still?  come on i know your still hurting due to your boy "the revolutionizing the game" Chip Kelly flaming out of not 1 but 2 NFL jobs so spectacularly but you still can't admit that 6 in 10 years is pretty good especially in this city?

maybe you can move off this topic and tell  everyone in this thread how you think pre-season games are important like you did in the Eagles thread before.  #stillfunny 
    Really? I don't know why you insist on losing the same argument year after year after year. The last 9 years of his tenure were mediocre at best and there is nothing you have ever said or can say to prove otherwise as you've lost this argument about a million times already. Super Bowl birth in 2004 was awesome as was pretty much everything from 99 to 04. Looooong time ago. Everything since then was .......meh.  The numbers do not lie.

But yeah....press conferences--I'll never understand why people like you give a shit what an athlete or a coach thinks. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Really? I don't know why you insist on losing the same argument year after year after year. The last 9 years of his tenure were mediocre at best and there is nothing you have ever said or can say to prove otherwise as you've lost this argument about a million times already. Super Bowl birth in 2004 was awesome as was pretty much everything from 99 to 04. Looooong time ago. Everything since then was .......meh.  The numbers do not lie.

But yeah....press conferences--I'll never understand why people like you give a shit what an athlete or a coach thinks. 
    i've almost never cared about what people say in press conferences.  my original comment in this thread had to do with Marshawn Lynch not being a good guy and not doing part of his job which is dealing with the media.  But glad you took one comment and made it into something else entirely. again typical