Options

Enhanced Interrogation Techniques and Torturing Some Folks Memos

123457»

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,916
    Vermont remains ahead of the curve in calling for justice and the arrest of both Bush and Cheney.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSN0454699420080305?irpc=932

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Voters in two Vermont towns on Tuesday approved a measure that would instruct police to arrest President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney for "crimes against our Constitution," local media reported.

The nonbinding, symbolic measure, passed in Brattleboro and Marlboro in a state known for taking liberal positions on national issues, instructs town police to "extradite them to other authorities that may reasonably contend to prosecute them."

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    What does it say to a world where you can blatantly lie/manipulate your own people, attack a sovereign country, rape and steal all it's resources and kill a shitload of your own people and country you've decided to attack, and all the while you're still enjoying the life of a free man with perks. Damn, I should get into politics......
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited December 2014
    Alfreda Bikowsky purchased (and likely still lives in) a well-appointed ranch house in Mclean, Virginia. Nestled in a wooded lot at 1437 Brookhaven Drive, the well-concealed house is a short 19-minute, 12-mile commute to the Central Intelligence Agency in Reston, Virginia. Formerly owned by Michael E. Geltner, the property was sold to Bikowsky for a mere $825,000 by realtor Michael Chang in April of 2012.
    The NBC News investigative reporter Matthew Cole has pieced together a remarkable story revealing that a single senior officer, who is still in a position of high authority over counterterrorism at the C.I.A.--a woman who he does not name--appears to have been a source of years' worth of terrible judgment, with tragic consequences for the United States. Her story runs through the entire report. She dropped the ball when the C.I.A. was given information that might very well have prevented the 9/11 attacks; she gleefully participated in torture sessions afterward; she misinterpreted intelligence in such a way that it sent the C.I.A. on an absurd chase for Al Qaeda sleeper cells in Montana. And then she falsely told congressional overseers that the torture worked.

Apparently, bungling critical national security intelligence information, while torturing and hunting the wrong people, constitute quite the career path at the C.I.A.
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    Another good piece...
    For the state and its agents, “the ultimate expression of sovereignty resides, to a large degree, in the power and the capacity to dictate who may live and who must die,” the postcolonial scholar Achilles Mbembe wrote of his term necropolitics, which describe who, exactly, wields the power to kill. The fear inside that police union boss is not just about the actual violence which may befall his members; it’s a fear that the NYPD is in danger of losing its monopoly on the threat of violence. To Patrick Lynch (and to all of us), a cop’s killing is unacceptable. But to Patrick Lynch (and to too many white people), a cop acting as judge, jury and executioner is somehow acceptable.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/dec/21/two-nypd-cops-killed-wartime-police-protesters?CMP=share_btn_tw
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    As the Washington Post revealed in 2005, the CIA identified two categories of prisoners for detention and interrogation: “high value” detainees that the agency held onto and “second tier” ones who were farmed out for detention and interrogation to other governments. As former CIA officer Bob Baer explained in disturbing detail, “If you want a serious interrogation, you send a prisoner to Jordan. If you want them to be tortured, you send them to Syria. If you want someone to disappear—never to see them again—you send them to Egypt.”
    Advertisement

How many detainees met such fates? The Post reported that more than twice as many prisoners were rendered by the CIA to foreign governments as were held by the agency. Since we now know that 119 men were held by the CIA, that would mean at least 238 people were sent to other countries. And this figure could be much higher: In his January 2003 State of the Union address, President George W. Bush said that “more than 3,000 suspected terrorists have been arrested in many countries.”
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    Oh my, wait till you guys read the news that's gonna come out. Oh man, so fucken disturbing. I can't imagine ANYONE defending the actions that you're gonna hear happened. So fucken disgusting. I don't event want to post it. I just read the article and you wonder why "they" absolutely hate us. Unreal. If you're a fucken human, you're gonna get sick from the news. Such a shame.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Here's the article the western media seems to not want to share or talk about:

John Vibes
    December 17, 2014
    (TheAntiMedia) According to a number of global mainstream media sources, the Pentagon is covering up a disturbing video that was never made public with the rest of the recent torture report.

According to various well respected journalists, including Seymour Hersh, the appalling video was recorded at Abu Ghraib, the notorious US torture dungeon in Iraq that made headlines roughly a decade ago, when the inhumane tactics being used at the prison were exposed.
    Sadly, it seems that the evidence released years ago was only scratching the surface.
    While the video has remained under wraps thus far, Hersh says it is only a matter of time before it comes out.
    Giving a speech at the ACLU last week after the senate torture report was initially released, Hersh gave some insight into what was on the Pentagon’s secret tape.
    In the most revealing portion of his speech he said that:
    “Debating about it, ummm … Some of the worst things that happened you don’t know about, okay? Videos, um, there are women there. Some of you may have read that they were passing letters out, communications out to their men. This is at Abu Ghraib … The women were passing messages out saying ‘Please come and kill me, because of what’s happened’ and basically what happened is that those women who were arrested with young boys, children in cases that have been recorded. The boys were sodomized with the cameras rolling. And the worst above all of that is the soundtrack of the boys shrieking that your government has. They are in total terror. It’s going to come out.”

“It’s impossible to say to yourself how did we get there? Who are we? Who are these people that sent us there? When I did My Lai I was very troubled like anybody in his right mind would be about what happened. I ended up in something I wrote saying in the end I said that the people who did the killing were as much victims as the people they killed because of the scars they had, I can tell you some of the personal stories by some of the people who were in these units witnessed this. I can also tell you written complaints were made to the highest officers and so we’re dealing with a enormous massive amount of criminal wrongdoing that was covered up at the highest command out there and higher, and we have to get to it and we will. We will. You know there’s enough out there, they can’t (Applause). …. So it’s going to be an interesting election year.”
    Put into context with another speech that Hersh gave earlier this year, it becomes clear that the women who witnessed these young boys being raped were actually their mothers.
    At a speech in Chicago this past June Hersh was quoted as saying:
    “You haven’t begun to see evil… horrible things done to children of women prisoners, as the cameras run.”
    Other stories at the London Guardian also talked of young Iraqi detainees getting violently raped by US soldiers.
    Ten years ago when the initial Abu Ghraib scandal was in the news, the Guardian published the testimony of an Abu Ghraib detainee who allegedly witnessed one of these brutal attacks.

Former detainee Kasim Hilas said in their testimony that:
    “I saw [name blacked out] fucking a kid, his age would be about 15-18 years. The kid was hurting very bad and they covered all the doors with sheets. Then when I heard the screaming I climbed the door because on top it wasn’t covered and I saw [blacked out], who was wearing the military uniform putting his dick in the little kid’s ass, I couldn’t see the face of the kid because his face wasn’t in front of the door. And the female soldier was taking pictures.”
    Now, over a decade later the evidence of these events are beginning to surface, but the Department of Defense is still doing their best to keep it under the radar. That is why now more than ever, it is important to keep the pressure on and force the release of this evidence, while the torture report is fresh in the minds of the general population.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    And how is this been shushed for a decade?Interigation of know combatants is one discussion,But rape and sodemy is criminal and the people involved should be held accountable.Minors no less SMFH.
  • Options
    an entire thread about torturing and immediately beheading non white terrorists. a reference to Giuliani...next search broken windows policy.