So this is not a hate crime?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,231
    edited January 2017
    jeffbr said:

tbergs said:

Did Obama comment? I don't know that any president should be commenting on every crime that occurs. That's what mayors and governors are for. Unless it's a mass tragedy, I wouldn't expect a president to make a public comment.

Obama did comment and called it despicable. http://time.com/4625201/obama-chicago-disabled-teen-beating/
    Ok. I'm not excusing Trump, but I don't think there's an expectation there; however, if you're instead tweeting shit about ratings then you damn well better acknowledge pretty much everything else tragic occurring. I think Chicago may have been some influence on why Obama would comment.

It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,518
    jeffbr said:

chadwick said:

has trump commented on this yet?

No, he's too busy losing a twitter fight with Arnold.
    Now that's funny. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    jeffbr said:

chadwick said:

has trump commented on this yet?

No, he's too busy losing a twitter fight with Arnold.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    tbergs said:

Did Obama comment? I don't know that any president should be commenting on every crime that occurs. That's what mayors and governors are for. Unless it's a mass tragedy, I wouldn't expect a president to make a public comment.

It was a mass tragedy in a lot of ways. Lots of lives effected by this idiotic behavior...
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

It was a mass tragedy in a lot of ways. Lots of lives effected by this idiotic behavior...
    I meant in the more common way a mass tragedy occurs these days. Unfortunate that is how bad things have become where gruesome acts of violence don't measure up to the normal mass tragedies that are a common occurrence.
  • Options
    The media has buried this story. The outrage wasn't there, where was Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson and the BLM leaders who claim that they think that "all lives matter" too? They have reacted more strongly to the #BLMkidnapping then the horrific crime.
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

The media has buried this story. The outrage wasn't there, where was Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson and the BLM leaders who claim that they think that "all lives matter" too? They have reacted more strongly to the #BLMkidnapping then the horrific crime.

Pure fantasy.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,848

sharpton and jackson are nothing more than shit stirrers these days.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    ^^^
    Agreed. Hard to decipher when the change happened too.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Glad to see the focus has shifted to Jessie and Al. Where it belongs.

imageimage" />
  • Options
    ^^^
    Some even want President Trump to comment on this issue.
    Bizarre.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157

^^^
    Some even want President Trump to comment on this issue.
    Bizarre.

how is it bizarre?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2017
    ^^^
    Bizarre stuff like this happens daily and more so it seems in the USA or at least presented on AMT.
    Why would a POTUS have to comment on every single thing that is fucked up?
    You have police, military, etc.
    Your POTUS is not at your beck and call.
  • Options

^^^
    Bizarre stuff like this happens daily and more so it seems in the USA or at least presented on AMT.

I would agree with you on this if he didn't decide to tweet useless shit nonstop that is self serving. If he shut his mouth on the personal battles that were insignificant people would be less critical of him.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    dignin said:

It's a white guy coping mechanism when they don't feel validated.
  • Options

dignin said:

It's a white guy coping mechanism when they don't feel validated.
    I see a need to quit categorizing violence. I think doing so perpetuates the divide vs help anything at all.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    Having data about what happens in the world doesn't create divides, it's the response to the information that does.
  • Options

Having data about what happens in the world doesn't create divides, it's the response to the information that does.

Correct.

You'd be giving the general population a lot of credit if you're suggesting we have the capacity to interpret such data and move forward in a positive direction after doing so.

But ultimately, if a human beings are all equally human... why do adjectives describing your qualities mean anything to anyone? I mean, I can see describing someone to try and apprehend them, but every crime we read of is qualified and then dissected from there.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Correct.

You'd be giving the general population a lot of credit if you're suggesting we have the capacity to interpret such data and move forward in a positive direction after doing so.

But ultimately, if a human beings are all equally human... why do adjectives describing your qualities mean anything to anyone? I mean, I can see describing someone to try and apprehend them, but every crime we read of is qualified and then dissected from there.
    That somewhat ignores practical concerns though, for instance, if group A is known to be targeted specifically by groups B and C, special attention is needed to alleviate that victimisation.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Correct.

That somewhat ignores practical concerns though, for instance, if group A is known to be targeted specifically by groups B and C, special attention is needed to alleviate that victimisation.
    I'm saying we need to find a way to not have groups A, B, and C. My point is that we can't move to such a state of mind when we sensationalize these types of events.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,819

^^^

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. the loser tweets about absolute nonsense almost hourly, and you think he should remain silent on actual issues. speaks volumes.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    JC29856 said:
    Terrorism? Was the attack politically motivated?
    Here I am again with my hang now ask questions later approach for non white terrorists