PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Anyone going to Roger Waters this week?  Going to the 1st show tonight....trying to determine where to pre-game.  Seems like we always go to 1100 Social.   Was thinking Navy Yards or somewhere just north of the sports complex. 
    What are the favorite spots here?  (To spend an hour or so having a light meal + some drinks)
    I am going Wednesday night. We will just be tailgating. really looking forward to the show. never seen him before.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Hawks, Dave -- you guys enjoy the show.  We loved it.  While it was not the best rock concert I have ever been to, it might have been the best 'show' I have ever been to.  My wife felt the same way.  The 2nd set?

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    And, we got a late jump and went to 1100 Social, again.  Swear that is the last time for a while.  Food was crappy and my shots cost $19 each.  Really need to leave earlier and allow time to go elsewhere next time....
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    And, we got a late jump and went to 1100 Social, again.  Swear that is the last time for a while.  Food was crappy and my shots cost $19 each.  Really need to leave earlier and allow time to go elsewhere next time....
    Xfinity sucks.  Was cool for like 5 minutes when it opened.
    Hawks, Dave -- you guys enjoy the show.  We loved it.  While it was not the best rock concert I have ever been to, it might have been the best 'show' I have ever been to.  My wife felt the same way.  The 2nd set?

Saw him  maybe 10 years ago when he did the dark side of the moon tour.  Was awesome and a hell of a show.  He is great.

I don't think we are going to make one of these shows, but would love to see Pigs in person with everything going on.  I am sure it is pretty amazing.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Too much riff raff
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Too much riff raff
    I've really on been there twice, before the NCAA tournament and G-N-R. Nothing special. Always looks too crowded to watch Eagles games there.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710

I thought it was awesome!  Agree about possibly being the best show.  When the 2nd set came on and that big ass structure came down i was blown away.  Highlights were:

-Another brick in the wall (with the philly school of rock kids)
    -Pigs
    -Picture That (probably my favorite solo song that he did and the visuals were cool)
    -Brain Damage/Eclipse was phenomenal

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    too bad The Phills can't play The Braves everyday :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    too bad The Phills can't play The Braves everyday :lol:
    I know right?

So looks like Hoskins is coming up....to play left field. I get that it's only temporary to get him some at bats but they're acting like the guy at first is Frank Thomas in his prime or something. There is literally nothing that indicates Joseph will be anything more than a below average first baseman at best. Comical that he is the one standing in Hoskin's way. Hopefully playing a position he hasn't played since college doesn't mess with his head too much.

Hoskins was 3 for 5 with his 29th homer, a double and 5 rbi last night. 

Kingery and Crawford both went deep too. JP's been playing real well the last 6 weeks or so. 
    chinese-happy.jpg

I thought it was awesome!  Agree about possibly being the best show.  When the 2nd set came on and that big ass structure came down i was blown away.  Highlights were:

-Pigs
    -Picture That (probably my favorite solo song that he did and the visuals were cool)

Went last night. Thought it was awesome. Probably the best non-PJ show i've ever seen.  Musically was incredible. I thought it sounded great.  The visuals were pretty damn good a well. Agree that structure was cool as shit. wish they used it more.  

Agree on your song comments. Another Brick in the Wall with the kids was super cool. Dogs and Pigs sounded great.  Brain Damage/Eclipse was as good as it gets.  I also really liked Welcome to the Machine too. thought that sounded great.  hell i could say that about every song i guess. just a great show.

first time seeing him and was blown away. Had very high expectations going in and it totally met those expectations. awesome show.

Looks like Hoskins is getting called up today.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Eulogy closed? That sucks
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited August 2017
    You would think if the organization thought Player B had a higher upside than Player A and tried to trade Player A to make room for Player B that moving Player B to a new position for what maybe 2 months would be a bad idea wouldn't you?  Alas welcome to the Phils where apparently Tommy Joseph, on the trade bock, has somehow earned the right to play 1st base everyday regardless that they think Hoskins is a better prospect. So let's put Hoskins in an unfamiliar position because of Tommy Joseph.  Makes no sense.  Put Hoskins at 1st base.
    Man....that Dutch tribute video last night was a tear jerker. Phils always do a good job with that kind of stuff
    chinese-happy.jpg

Headed down tonight. Hoping to get to see Young Hoskins' first hit.

go phils.

chinese-happy.jpg
    Nola was dealing yet again last night. Lil' chin music to Cespedes and that filthy curve to strike him out. Thing of beauty.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Nola was dealing yet again last night. Lil' chin music to Cespedes and that filthy curve to strike him out. Thing of beauty.
    I think i read that's 10 consecutive starts with at least 6 innings pitched and no more more than two runs a start.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    edited August 2017
    I think i read that's 10 consecutive starts with at least 6 innings pitched and no more more than two runs a start.
    If he can consistently use the curve like he has done, we may have an ace on our hands here. It is nasty. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    best ERA of any pitcher in baseball over their last 10 starts. quite impressive.  if he can stay healthy agree with Juggler we might have our ace.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:

-Pigs

Went last night. Thought it was awesome. Probably the best non-PJ show i've ever seen.  Musically was incredible. I thought it sounded great.  The visuals were pretty damn good a well. Agree that structure was cool as shit. wish they used it more.  

Agree on your song comments. Another Brick in the Wall with the kids was super cool. Dogs and Pigs sounded great.  Brain Damage/Eclipse was as good as it gets.  I also really liked Welcome to the Machine too. thought that sounded great.  hell i could say that about every song i guess. just a great show.

first time seeing him and was blown away. Had very high expectations going in and it totally met those expectations. awesome show.

Glad you had a great time.  Was a badass show....being almost a week later I appreciate it more.
    RHYS!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    RHYS!
    x2
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    RHYS!
    x2
    First Phil since Rolen to hit his first two in the same game. Man, he crushed both of those too.

Beat it Tommy Joseph
    chinese-happy.jpg
    He also has the dumbest name imaginable. His parents should be punched in the face.

When someone at work told me how he pronounces that, I about lost it.
    He also has the dumbest name imaginable. His parents should be punched in the face.

When someone at work told me how he pronounces that, I about lost it.

Here's hoping Rhys becomes a household name just to piss you off
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    But, guys, the platoon.....
    Another one?! First player in team history with 3 homers in first 6 games...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    And the only reason he's up is because of injuries along with Alfaro..
    Tom O.
    -The Writer