what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    Unconsciousness
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    edited August 2017
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHI17DMVYAAH6KE.jpg
    ^This is pretty f'n funny in regards to the eclipse.

I'm thinking the "You must like cats" qualification is gonna be the one to rule out some of the ladies. :lol:

Post edited by SmallestOceans on
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHI17DMVYAAH6KE.jpg
    ^This is pretty f'n funny in regards to the eclipse.

I'm thinking the "You must like cats" qualification is gonna be the one to rule out some of the ladies. :lol:

Lol, :rofl:
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    "with me and my penis directed toward the sun"

Me and my shadow :whistle:
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    People and their levels of dishonesty.
    Don't know whether to be pissed or sad.
    Probably will just end up putting in the not fucking surprised category and move on.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    People and their levels of dishonesty.
    Don't know whether to be pissed or sad.
    Probably will just end up putting in the not fucking surprised category and move on.
    Did someone tell you that your shit doesn't stink again?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    My 9 year old came home crying today because she didn't get picked for student council. Her complaint was that the two most popular kids were chosen, and they happen to be the most irresponsible as well. It made me sad that she had to learn that tough lesson at such an early age. It's not about what you know, it's who you know. The most qualified candidate is not the one that gets the job. Poor baby girl. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    My 9 year old came home crying today because she didn't get picked for student council. Her complaint was that the two most popular kids were chosen, and they happen to be the most irresponsible as well. It made me sad that she had to learn that tough lesson at such an early age. It's not about what you know, it's who you know. The most qualified candidate is not the one that gets the job. Poor baby girl. 
    Just tell her: Look at our president, sweetie! Not being picked just means you're too smart to lead in this country. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited August 2017
    DK and RS, I think popularity is overrated - and the means to which people go to attain it, moreso.  I wish the mentality of needing to put on a facade, a show, weren't so in my face in many interactions.

Anyway...

Earlier I was listening to Stewart and Wood doing my favorite-ever version of Mandolin Wind, and the lyrics hit me.  And how live, Rod added in "never change my mind".  I got it.  Fuck, I lived it this past November - pretty sure many of us have in some sense, at some time, no matter the side - just the your/my.

The coldest winter in almost fourteen years
    Could never, never change your mind

Here's to sticking it out with / for someone beloved through the worst, most challenging of times, and them doing the same.  Bandaged hand in hand.

(and yes, that winter/springtime lyric from Thumbing My Way comes to mind)
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    I'm thinking about Jimi Hendrix and the fillmore east show i just bought. My god how does someone jam that much !?
    dankind said:
    Just tell her: Look at our president, sweetie! Not being picked just means you're too smart to lead in this country. 
    Exactly!

Hedo, :lol:
    edited August 2017
    Post edited by RogueStoner on
    edited August 2017
    Post edited by RogueStoner on
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    ^^nice post RS..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    edited August 2017
    Post edited by Amongst the Ani on
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    I had old Beatles going here - so so good - then heard some kind of celebration happening at the hotel next door (happy sounds).  I love it, even when their music conflicts with ours.

To the left, older couple fighting, loudly.

I love that my guy is cranking NIN from the bedroom right now.  Copy of a Copy.

Dude has badass taste in music (and women =) )

How can some people be such willing assholes at times?

Having a bad day, I get ya - I feel ya.  I've been there and will continue to.

Sometimes life don't leave you alone.

But taking it out on others?  Nope.  And really, fuck you for doing so.  Be decent, ask for a hand up when needed, but please deal with your own shit without what can done without.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited August 2017
    I finally went to the eye doctor on the weekend.... I need glasses. :cry: I have been avoiding going for an exam for about 17 years because I knew I'd need glasses, lol. I look awful in glasses!! So the I chose some frames.... and now I completely regret my frame choice. I picked out these Gucci unisex hipster glasses (their whole store was 50% off - I got these $600 frames for $300!), but I have major doubts about them, even though yesterday I chose them after agonizing over frames for about 3 hours. I won't have to wear them ALL the time... just when I'm in using a computer or smartphone or tablet, and when I'm watching TV or watching movies.... so yeah, most of the time. :lol: So, what do you people think about these? I asked around at work, and the fashionable gay guy gave these a thumbs up, so that made me feel a bit better, but I'm still conflicted.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited August 2017
    Wow, I got the glasses, and the world looks a LOT different! I knew I needed glasses, but I didn't think my vision was that bad.... Everything looks all distorted and fucked up now, almost like I'm on drugs.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Wait - shouldn't the glasses make things not look distorted?

Then again, I get how clarity in various forms can make one feel fucked up at times =)
    edited August 2017
    hedonist said:
    Wait - shouldn't the glasses make things not look distorted?

Then again, I get how clarity in various forms can make one feel fucked up at times =)
    Haha, no, the doctor actually warned me about this effect, but I didn't really realize what he meant until I actually put them on, nor did I realize just how pronounced the effect would be. My eyes are used to seeing everything poorly, so once everything is made clear and sharp suddenly, your eyeballs essentially play tricks on you as they work to get accustomed to seeing the world as it really is. That makes your brain think that everything looks fucked up, even to the point where floors seem uneven and shit. It's weird! But apparently normal for first-timers.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    PJ_Soul said:
    Wow, I got the glasses, and the world looks a LOT different! I knew I needed glasses, but I didn't think my vision was that bad.... Everything looks all distorted and fucked up now, almost like I'm on drugs.

I thought the Glasses would actually make your eyes see better?
    hedonist said:

But taking it out on others?  Nope.  And really, fuck you for doing so.  Be decent, ask for a hand up when needed, but please deal with your own shit without what can done without.
    I'm wondering of this all the time Hedo!!..especialy here in Greece, its the kingdom of assholes..hahaha.yes, i have my blues most of the days but thats on me..i'm not bothering you..do the same please..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    hedonist said:

I'm wondering of this all the time Hedo!!..especialy here in Greece, its the kingdom of assholes..hahaha.yes, i have my blues most of the days but thats on me..i'm not bothering you..do the same please..
    23...Los Angeles may rival Greece as the kingdom of assholes =)
    hedonist said:
    23scidoo said:
    hedonist said:

23...Los Angeles may rival Greece as the kingdom of assholes =)
     =) 
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

edited August 2017
    i_lov_it said:
    PJ_Soul said:

They do. Very much so! Even during this weird adjustment period where things look distorted to me (things aren't really distorted - it's just my brain taking time to figure out the new clarity), everything is so much more clear and sharp. I can't believe what a huge difference it is.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    PJ_Soul said:
    i_lov_it said:
    PJ_Soul said:

They do. Very much so! Even during this weird adjustment period where things look distorted to me (things aren't really distorted - it's just my brain taking time to figure out the new clarity), everything is so much more clear and sharp. I can't believe what a huge difference it is.

Yeah I was just about to say that about how your eyes probably have to get used too it...glad to hear that they make a Big difference and that it is an improvement :)
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    I just read something that brought on a flood of memory that hit me like I got in the way of an NFL linebacker.  Me chest feels like it's being crushed...
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    brianlux said:
    I just read something that brought on a flood of memory that hit me like I got in the way of an NFL linebacker.  Me chest feels like it's being crushed...
    Hope you're okay (((hugs)))
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    Lazarus..hope he make it..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.