The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    bbiggs said:
    RYME said:
    https://goo.gl/images/oPBzym
    I still don't know how to post pictures because I haven't taken the time to learn.
    Spotted Cow is wonderful!
    Spotted Cow is indeed a damn good beer. New Glarus has some other good ones as well.  I'd recommend trying the others if you haven't already. 
    New Glarus is one of my absolute favorite breweries.  The selfish part of me wishes you could get it outside of Wisconsin, but I totally understand and respect their indigenous distribution plan.  Their Raspberry Tart has scored a perfect 100 on Beer Advocate and it definitely is one of the best beers I've ever had.
    My favorite regulars are Moon Man, Totally Naked, Two Women, & Fat Squirrel.  Their Staghorn Oktoberfest is pretty good, and I enjoy a Serendipity from time to time.
    Man just typing this up I realize I need to make a trip to the midwest soon!
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    Went to 3 floyds brewery yesterday.
    Enjoyed my stay. :smile:
    2:00 on a tuesday, the place was half empty.
    Tried 4 beers, favorite being permanent funeral.
    Ate brisket sandwich (which waiter said was first day on menu) and was really good.
    Bought Canus Invertus, Battle of Charro II, and lazer snake to go.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    Malroth said:
    Ate brisket sandwich (which waiter said was first day on menu) and was really good.
    Did you do any take homes?

I also really need to mail you your beer...  Sorry.
    Malroth said:

I'm pretty easy going so if I don't get any it's fine, but it'd be a nice surprise one day :wink:
    Malroth said:
    Malroth said:

I'm pretty easy going so if I don't get any it's fine, but it'd be a nice surprise one day :wink:
    I have a KBS sitting for you I just keep forgetting...
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    KBS is good stuff. If you've been storing it, you just as well wait till around October when it will stay cooler through the shipping process.

My $.02 anyhow. Anybody know where a guy van get some Pliny the Elder?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    bbiggs said:
    RYME said:
    I still don't know how to post pictures because I haven't taken the time to learn.
    Spotted Cow is indeed a damn good beer. New Glarus has some other good ones as well.  I'd recommend trying the others if you haven't already. 
    New Glarus is one of my absolute favorite breweries.  The selfish part of me wishes you could get it outside of Wisconsin, but I totally understand and respect their indigenous distribution plan.  Their Raspberry Tart has scored a perfect 100 on Beer Advocate and it definitely is one of the best beers I've ever had.
    My favorite regulars are Moon Man, Totally Naked, Two Women, & Fat Squirrel.  Their Staghorn Oktoberfest is pretty good, and I enjoy a Serendipity from time to time.
    Moon Man is one of my favorites as well. 
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    bbiggs said:
    RYME said:
    I can remember getting a mix 12 pack for PJ20 and drinking it in the lot, pre-show. It was excellent stuff.
    KBS is good stuff. If you've been storing it, you just as well wait till around October when it will stay cooler through the shipping process.

As long as sun doesn't hit it the contents will be ok.  Thankfully beer ins't a sensitive as wine. 
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518

My daughter lives in Santa Rosa. She usually ships me 4-5 six packs a year. Probably get the next batch in November. I might be able to arrange getting it shipped directly to you.
    #FHP
    There is a KBS bomber out there that I am dying to get my hands on...
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Hi all---anyone know of a good place to get brewery stickers that aren't overpriced? Wanting to decorate the new beer fridge
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    bbiggs said:
    RYME said:

OK- I'll just say it....I think New Glarus is overrated!  Spotted Cow is a pretty good beer and I like Moon Man as well, but other than those 2 beers I really don't get why people go nuts over this brewery.  I used to be one of those people when I first got into craft beers 7-8 years ago, but there are definitely much better breweries in Wisconsin...I'll take Karben4 or Ale Asylum over New Glarus any day.  
    mfc2006 said:
    Hi all---anyone know of a good place to get brewery stickers that aren't overpriced? Wanting to decorate the new beer fridge
    I get them free.  Shoot me a PM and I can help out with a few.
    bbiggs said:
    RYME said:

OK- I'll just say it....I think New Glarus is overrated!  Spotted Cow is a pretty good beer and I like Moon Man as well, but other than those 2 beers I really don't get why people go nuts over this brewery.  I used to be one of those people when I first got into craft beers 7-8 years ago, but there are definitely much better breweries in Wisconsin...I'll take Karben4 or Ale Asylum over New Glarus any day.  
    I'll have to look for them next time I'm out that way.  I've only had a few New Glarus beers that I didn't like.  And on a similar note, I'll say that I think Spotted Cow is pretty run-of-the-mill.  Never quite got the love for that one.
    mfc2006 said:
    I get them free.  Shoot me a PM and I can help out with a few.
    I'll check on it as well.  One of my best friends owns the bar I frequent.
    edited August 2017
    Let me check...I will let you know if I come up with it. I know a guy...

Just promise you won't actually die if you do get your hands on it.
    Post edited by darwinstheory on
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Horos said:

My daughter lives in Santa Rosa. She usually ships me 4-5 six packs a year. Probably get the next batch in November. I might be able to arrange getting it shipped directly to you.
    PM sent...as you may have guessed.

I would die happy at least!

I would die happy at least!
    Pssttt...it may or may not but most likely is definitely probably me. I may be the guy that I know.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    mfc2006 said:
    They give them away at the brewfests. I'll grab a stack at the next one in a couple of months.
    #FHP
    mfc2006 said:
    Got you some Flying Dog stickers. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Malroth said:
    I went there a year or so ago.  Great food.  Odd location.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Greatest name for a beer! Lol. (My buddy tried this, not me.)

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    My vote for knowing when craft beer jumped the shark....

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Was over in London and the beer was....not the greatest. Seems like they're about 5 years behind us in the craft beer scene, but I had these guys' beer while there and I really enjoyed it - especially the Lupuloid IPA...

http://www.beavertownbrewery.co.uk/the-beers/core-beers/
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited August 2017
    Any Minnesotans on here who can score me a six pack of this?

I don't even like weisses, but I can't not have a Pynchon-inspired beer.

They also have a Hefeweizen called Yoyodyne, but I think that only offered on tap.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Was over in London and the beer was....not the greatest. Seems like they're about 5 years behind us in the craft beer scene, but I had these guys' beer while there and I really enjoyed it - especially the Lupuloid IPA...

Belgium is the shit so I've heard.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757

Belgium is the shit so I've heard.
    think  I've heard of this place....but, yeah, I couldn't get there in my travels. I probably should have traded Cologne for Belgium because Kolsch beer is meh.
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,610
    edited August 2017
    Having a few Voodoo Rangers by the campfire the other night and this one really left it's mark...
    Post edited by URthekey on