How you feeling right now???

Comments

• RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    I've been sick since Friday and every time I think I'm getting better, within hours my throat and head are killing me. Like now. I feel like I swallowed razor blades. Can't stop coughing so I can't sleep. Nothing like my kids starting a new school year and bringing home the plague. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,611
    edited August 2017
    Hope that passes soon, RS.  Kids are awesome but are walking germ factories when coming back from school.
    Feeling ok this am...woke up too early but got a sneak hour of work in, now can make breakfast with the family.  This is good!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Thank you. Enjoy your breakfast. Good food with loved ones...what better way to start the day. 
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Pretty stoked that my beauties have finally arrived.

Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542

Nice. How'd you like that show?
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

Nice. How'd you like that show?
    It was a pretty great show. They played 5 songs from the new album and everything else came from the first 5 albums. So my kind of Metallica show.
    Lars fucked up a couple of times but that didn't really surprise me.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    edited August 2017
    Feel very beat up, like a 3 story wall collapsed upon me. Oh yeah, that happened already.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    edited August 2017
    A bit worried and unsettled. My dad tripped on a rock while he was out running, and he broke ribs and they punctured his lung. So now his left lung has completely collapsed. He is at the hospital, they are inflating the lung and draining it and everything, and he should be fine. He has to stay in the hospital probably for 2 or 3 days. But he's 76 years old, and while he clearly thinks that he's still young and will never die, the rest of us know that isn't the case, and the concern over possible complications keep us worried for him. Also, he is trying to WAY underplay the injury. Get this: he actually fell yesterday, and he didn't even go to the doctor until this morning - doctor's office, not the ER - even though he suspected that he had broken a rib and he couldn't breathe very well, and despite my mom begging him to go to the ER. And he wouldn't let my mom drive him. He drove himself. When the doc told him to get his ass to the hospital, he again refused to let my mom drive him and he drove himself there with a fully collapsed lung that had filled with blood. :tired: He had even planned to park his car at my sister's and then WALK the rest of the way to the hospital to avoid parking fees (luckily my sister rushed home and stopped him and drove him herself... while he kept talking about how he hated to put her out and kept apologizing. Wtf?). No, he's not senile, lol. He's just in denial about the fact that he's not in the prime of life anymore, lol, and he clearly clings to that by being an idiot about necessary medical care. :lol:

So yeah, barring any unforseen issues, he is going to be just fine (and I just got the call - his lung is now inflated and drained and he took the procedure very well), but his attitude about it concerns us, to the point where we warned the nurses about how he downplays everything and will possibly not reveal symptoms. Anyhoo... obviously relieved such a fall wasn't worse.... but it is hard to see your parents get older and have things like this happen, because it just reminds you that there really will come a time when it's not okay. That inevitability is just so shitty. :disappointed:

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Wèll wishes to you and yours.PJSoul...the generation before us is sprinkled with extrodinary elders  that keep on ticking...few to no complaints...sounds like your dads one of them...
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Wèll wishes to you and yours.PJSoul...the generation before us is sprinkled with extrodinary elders  that keep on ticking...few to no complaints...sounds like your dads one of them...
    Totally agree, vogon.  My dad was one of them too :)

PJS, good thoughts to your father.  It's a tough thing to come to terms with, both for the parent and the child(ren).
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    Hope your father has a quick recovery, PJ_Soul.
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    ^Oh wow, wishing your father all the best for a speedy recovery PJSoul. :)

I'm soooo excited about seeing GNR tonight!!!! Never seen them (any version of them) before. Heading to Winston Salem as soon as I get off work. I'm dying here in my office!!!
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Nice, HF!  I was friends with / went to school with a couple of those boys (played in our backyard for my 15th birthday!) but never seen a true live show of theirs in a venue.  They'll be here in late November and we're gonna go for one of the two dates.

Have a blast :)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    edited August 2017
    Thanks for the well wishes everyone! My dad is doing well - he is already flirting with all the nurses and just about charming the pants off of them. :lol:
    You're right Hedo - it's hard to come to terms with, for everyone. Such is life, eh?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,413
    PJ_Soul said:
    Thanks for the well wishes everyone! My dad is doing well - he is already flirting with all the nurses and just about charming the pants off of them. :lol:
    You're right Hedo - it's hard to come to terms with, for everyone. Such is life, eh?
    Glad to hear your Dad is doing well, Allie.
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited August 2017
    cutz said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Glad to hear your Dad is doing well, Allie.
    + 1 
    Post edited by Annafalk on
    Bored. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,819
    fucking pissed off!

was suppose to go to the shore for a few days.  One of my friends invited me, but now they (more his parents) kinda uninvited me and saying they didn't want me to come cause they were afraid i would bring bed bugs with me.  I had them over a month ago (apparently my friend mentioned that i had them to his parents, idiot).  I haven't seen any in a few weeks. 
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Gotta poop. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,381
    dankind said:
    Gotta poop. 

Did everything come out okay?

• ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    Dead
    Shyner said:
    Dead
    Why?
    So content and at peace. Loving and loved. Grateful for the special people in my life...the ones that make me smile. :heart:
    edited August 2017
    fucking pissed off!

was suppose to go to the shore for a few days.  One of my friends invited me, but now they (more his parents) kinda uninvited me and saying they didn't want me to come cause they were afraid i would bring bed bugs with me.  I had them over a month ago (apparently my friend mentioned that i had them to his parents, idiot).  I haven't seen any in a few weeks. 
    I understand your disappointment.
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    hedonist said:
    Nice, HF!  I was friends with / went to school with a couple of those boys (played in our backyard for my 15th birthday!) but never seen a true live show of theirs in a venue.  They'll be here in late November and we're gonna go for one of the two dates.

Have a blast :)
    Really?! My jaw just dropped... that's pretty awesome Hedo! 

The show was unbelievable!!! Axl was a top notch professional. He and the boys came ready to rock and they more than delivered. I was blown away by the entire experience and don't even really mind my two day hangover. ;) They are a must see!! So glad you'll get to check them out in November. :)
    Pretty stoked. The Bourbon and Beyond tickets arrived yesterday.

• SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Tired from packing all day.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,819
    kinda in pain.

Did something to my left leg about a week ago.  Have no idea how or exactly when i did it though.  I think i pulled my thigh muscle.  It wasn't bothering me too much but in the past few days it's kinda non-stop.  Trying to stay off it but even that doesn't help too much.  Also around  my ankle is giving me problems as well.  Sometimes when i'm walking my leg/knee will buckle.  So yeah don't know what u did. :confused:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Bit crap, need to get myself out of this mood fast before I fall into a black hole
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    Spiritually connected with love