Options

Ain't nobody praying for me

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
Ain't nobody.
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Good thing wishing on falling stars and praying aren't necessary, or even helpful, in life.
    Whatever comes your way, you've got to face it head on and do what you can.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Ask for help when you need it and trust in your own strength even when it's not enough.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Ain't nobody.
    I'll pray for you Mario.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Thread title sounds like an old blues song.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    If you're hitting a low again, OP, talk with your mental health team ASAP.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,503
    Annafalk said:
    Ain't nobody.
    I'll pray for you Mario.

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    It's nothing personal, TA, but I just don't pray. 

Perhaps I could drink some bourbon for you. 

Would that work?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

Would that work?
    I'll do the same with some red wine.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    dankind said:

Would that work?
    I'll do the same with some red wine.
    Cheers!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,467
    I don't pray for anybody or anything, so don't feel bad that I'm not praying for you.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    What's wrong? I'll pray for you, send hugs n tons of positive energy. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    I never learned how to properly pray, Thoughts.  It never felt quite right.  But I'm good at sending out good thoughts. They're comin' your way!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    I don't pray either, but I'm also sending some friendly good thoughts your way man. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    I think the OP may be referring to a Kendrick Lamar lyric!
  • Options
    Thoughts, here's a mighty good prayer of sorts for you, one of my favorite Paul Westerberg lines and one that always feels good to say or throw out there:

Hallefuckin'lujah!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Trolled again?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    correct.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Been feeling down because studying at university to be a high school teacher didn't work out.

• Options
    I've decided to study to be a psychologist (which I really wanted to do over teaching but the very high entry requirements scare me).

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    I've decided to study to be a psychologist (which I really wanted to do over teaching but the very high entry requirements scare me).

You got this!

Study, hit the books hard and keep your head up!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143

Dude. Your post worried me. Your calling attention to yourself making threads like this.  Your mental health stuff is well documented in these forums. Thanks for being brave enough to share them with others, but seriously don't call attention like that. If your struggling say so. Like this, "hey guys, I'm upset about school not working out, this Kendrick Lamar song is really speaking to me lately." 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Thank gawd the high school teacher thing never worked out for you!

Look at a trade you might be good at. Pursue it. Be an academic on your own time. Academics do not get paid.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Put up a goal for yourself and be determined to get to that goal. Work hard and don't hesitate to ask for help if needed.
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options

Dude. Your post worried me. Your calling attention to yourself making threads like this.  Your mental health stuff is well documented in these forums. Thanks for being brave enough to share them with others, but seriously don't call attention like that. If your struggling say so. Like this, "hey guys, I'm upset about school not working out, this Kendrick Lamar song is really speaking to me lately." 
    Some good advice here, e-feign, but at the same time I can understand how hard it can be sometimes to just come right out and say, "Hey guys, I've get issues!" (and most of us do- we're in good company).  It was cool that you thanked Thoughts for being brave!

I can't judge how another person seeks help because I myself in the past have done so in far more dysfunctional ways than what Thoughts wrote.  Sometimes (maybe a LOT of the time) it's very difficult to just come right out and say, "Hey guys, I'm upset about..."  (what ever it is).

-------------------------

My own take on your first post, Thoughts',  was that as soon as I read it I heard a really heavy blues song:

"Ain't nobody praying for me,
    Ain't nobody"

The story behind that is just a story- not necessarily important to us personally, but definitely important to you!  Like we used to say  in Human Services, "With the person you trying to help, don't get caught up in the story, focus on the feelings".  Those few lines held a load of feeling there and I knew the story would come out, but initially I was thinking, first things first- time to give our buddy a little empathy, a pat on they back, a few words of concern.  Then we'll get down to the nitty gritty.

Hang in there, bud.  You have friends here!

• Options

Sorry man. :-(

• Options
    Thank gawd the high school teacher thing never worked out for you!

Look at a trade you might be good at. Pursue it. Be an academic on your own time. Academics do not get paid.
    Why do you say thank gawd teaching didn't work out?

I looked at a trade a few years ago to become an electrician, didn't like it and it just wasn't for me (same as teaching).
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Annafalk said:
    Put up a goal for yourself and be determined to get to that goal. Work hard and don't hesitate to ask for help if needed.
    My goal is to get into honours then from there into masters so I can have the option to gain registration as a clinical psychologist or stick with academia and research. But the entry requirements are so high it scares me. Very very competitive.
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Some good advice here, e-feign, but at the same time I can understand how hard it can be sometimes to just come right out and say, "Hey guys, I've get issues!" (and most of us do- we're in good company).  It was cool that you thanked Thoughts for being brave!

I can't judge how another person seeks help because I myself in the past have done so in far more dysfunctional ways than what Thoughts wrote.  Sometimes (maybe a LOT of the time) it's very difficult to just come right out and say, "Hey guys, I'm upset about..."  (what ever it is).

-------------------------

My own take on your first post, Thoughts',  was that as soon as I read it I heard a really heavy blues song:

"Ain't nobody praying for me,
    Ain't nobody"

The story behind that is just a story- not necessarily important to us personally, but definitely important to you!  Like we used to say  in Human Services, "With the person you trying to help, don't get caught up in the story, focus on the feelings".  Those few lines held a load of feeling there and I knew the story would come out, but initially I was thinking, first things first- time to give our buddy a little empathy, a pat on they back, a few words of concern.  Then we'll get down to the nitty gritty.

Hang in there, bud.  You have friends here!
    Thanks Brian.
    I am feeling better, took my psychologist's advice and took time away from study to de-stress.
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124

Sorry man. :-(

don't be sorry. I like your approach better than that person's "suggestion". yours is cooler :murica:
  • Options
    Annafalk said:
    My goal is to get into honours then from there into masters so I can have the option to gain registration as a clinical psychologist or stick with academia and research. But the entry requirements are so high it scares me. Very very competitive.
    I really hope you'll reach your goal, you can do it!