One of Millions

23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
I hope she find some rest soon..
https://youtu.be/919ip9_urEo

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..

Comments

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    23scidoo said:
    I hope she find some rest soon..
    https://youtu.be/919ip9_urEo

your comments is somewhat confusing, specifically the word rest. maybe you meant peace, maybe some clarification is needed. very important topic and the video is an obvious cry out for help. 
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    ^^that was i meant..peace of mind of course..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    rest could also be appropriate.  she must be exhausted.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I couldn't watch more than a minute.  I so love Sinead and her strong angelic voice; to see her (anyone, really) in such obvious pain...oh man.

Seems she's struggled with many hurdles through her life.  I too hope she finds her own serenity.
    mickeyrat said:
    rest could also be appropriate.  she must be exhausted.
    yea I don't think rest and exhaustion are inappropriate at all but those wouldn't be at the top of my hope and recommendation list to anyone in that situation. what do I know maybe all Cornell needed was a couple of good nights sleep afterall he did tell his wife he was "just really tired".
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    edited August 2017
    Youtube comments.  The home of the 35% who will always love Trump.  What an awful place.

Also, where nobody knows the difference between your and you're
    Post edited by Smellyman on
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Smellyman said:
    Youtube comments.  The home of the 35% who will always love Trump.  What an awful place.

Also, where nobody knows the difference between your and you're
    Or have and of, but I think that's the entire internet now.

Conrad: I’m home.

Carter: Okay.

Conrad: Ah.

Carter: What?

Conrad: I don’t know. I’m stressing.

Carter: You’re fine. It’s gonna be okay. You just gotta do it, babe. You can’t think about it.

Conrad: Okay. Okay. I got this.

Carter: Yes, you do. I believe in you. Did you delete the messages?

Conrad: Yes. But you’re going to keep messaging me … I’m bringing my sisters for ice cream.

Carter: So will you do it when you get back?

Conrad: Yup, I’ll go right there.

Carter: Okay.

Conrad: Love you.

Carter: I love you so much.

Conrad: (Smiley face).

Carter: 33.

Conrad: Ha ha. What are you doing?

Carter: Nothing really. Just resting.

Conrad: Okay. Ha, ha I’m procrastinating.

Carter: Yeah, ha ha, I know. Are you back?

Conrad: Yup.

Carter: So it’s time?

Conrad: Oh, it’s been time.

Carter: Are you gonna do it now?

Conrad: I just don’t know how to leave them, you know.

Carter: Say you’re gonna go the store or something.

Conrad: Like, I want them to know that I love them.

Carter: They know. That’s one thing they definitely know. You’re over thinking.

Conrad: I know I’m over thinking. I’ve been over thinking for a while now.

Carter: I know. You just have to do it like you said. Are you gonna do it now?

Conrad: I still haven’t left yet, ha ha.

Carter: Why?

Conrad: Leaving now.

Carter: Okay. You can do this.

Conrad: Okay. I’m almost there

edited August 2017
    I REST! my case..wouldn't want 23 as my friend in such a desperate situation
    Post edited by JC29856 on
    Sorry....not getting what the above exchange is about.  I really hope it's not making fun of someone down and in a bad state of mind.
    edited August 2017
    hedonist said:
    Sorry....not getting what the above exchange is about.  I really hope it's not making fun of someone down and in a bad state of mind.
    you seem exhausted...Im guessing you need a good nights sleep...nighty night
    JC29856 said:
    hedonist said:
    Please don't behave like a jerk or patronize me. Thanks.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,478
    3D copying and pasting the text exchange between the woman, who was the girlfriend at the time, of the young man who committed suicide via carbon monoxide poisoning after she egged him on. She was recently on trial and convicted in Massachusetts of second degree manslaughter, I believe but could be wrong on the crime she was charged/convicted of. Tasteless at best.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    JC is still drunk.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    JC29856 said:
    hedonist said:
    Jesus man, come on.  Talk about thread crapping. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• JC29856 said:
    hedonist said:
    Man... you are the author of some really stupid stuff around here... but this is another genre of stupid.

Way to kick ass in that department!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    hedonist said:
    JC29856 said:
    hedonist said:
    Please don't behave like a jerk or patronize me. Thanks.
    sorry...I'm probably just tired and exhausted.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    JC29856 said:
    hedonist said:
    Man... you are the author of some really stupid stuff around here... but this is another genre of stupid.

Way to kick ass in that department!

3D copying and pasting the text exchange between the woman, who was the girlfriend at the time, of the young man who committed suicide via carbon monoxide poisoning after she egged him on. She was recently on trial and convicted in Massachusetts of second degree manslaughter, I believe but could be wrong on the crime she was charged/convicted of. Tasteless at best.
    Thanks, Faxxxxiio.  Tasteless indeed.
    edited August 2017
    Hopefully we're all well rested. Please allow me to break this down and explain how mind boggling it is for anyone to assume I was being anything but empathetic to this situation topic. This might be a good example or mini case study for the points in the google memo as it relates to male/female and conservation/liberal bias.

The op posts the video of sinead with the comments "i hope she gets some rest soon". After watching the video, I'm left with the impression that sinead is in a mental crisis and likely suicidal. Instead of assuming or hoping against something the op may have meant, I courteously replied asking the op suggesting maybe clarification of the comments are needed. I thought the comments could be misconstrued and for me they are confusing.
    I don't know the op so in reading the post and replies I'm not sure if the person is maybe meaning sinead should kill herself soon, by hoping she gets some rest soon... I'm not suicidal, I do get occasional "mental maintenance" from a professional, and recommend that for everyone. Obviously by posting it the subject and/or the topic is important to the op.
    What do I know, maybe the op has/had similar experience and the word "rest" is an indication that someone is (it honestly did cross my mind) suicidal (any health pros around).
    My reply "very important topic and the video is an obvious cry out for help" (does my reply seem funny/tasteless or empathetic?)
    The ops reply / clarification was also confusing, maybe even snide...  "^^that was i meant..peace of mind of course.." Okay I give the op the benefit of doubt but maybe he/she is hating on sinead for some reason (religious etc). I'm not in the mind of the op but its absolutely plausible by the comments that the posts could be derogatory (being made fun of). Hasn't sinead practically her entire life been the butt end of tasteless jokes, hasn't she been made fun of her entire career, (from her choice of hair style, clothing to her opinions viewpoints) or is that my imagination? Not a far stretch to think that maybe this post is a underhanded dig at sinead (thats why I asked for clarification).
    I'm not a mental health expert but as I explained I doubt that after watching that video health professionals would first and foremost recommend "rest". Wouldn't it be get some help? Don't remain alone, isolated, talk to someone?
    When people say "that person needs help" or "that person should seek mental help", are they imply that the person may need rest, have a sleep disorder, that the help they should seek somehow involves rest/sleep? I don't know I certainly never looked at it that way, maybe I'm waaay off. If someone came to me having a crisis and is suicidal, rest sleep would be pretty far down my list of how to help. IMO rest is secondary.

This thread is titled "one of millions" with a video of someone in crisis, it is not specific to sinead or at least I didn't think so. Many people silently suffer with mental health issues, as I stated a very important topic and not one to be made fun of.

I posted the text messages (as explained by h2m) to show how not to help someone in crisis, which I thought is similar to recommending someone getting some rest in such a desperate situation. Again not being entirely convinced the op wasn't posting for fun.
    Its completely mind boggling to me how anyone (assuming, without asking for clarity, if they weren't sure) would assume that my replies were "making fun of" or "tasteless".
    I would have certainly explained myself if someone asked.

"now back to the music"
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    JC29856 said:
    Hopefully we're all well rested. Please allow me to break this down and explain how mind boggling it is for anyone to assume I was being anything but empathetic to this situation topic. This might be a good example or mini case study for the points in the google memo as it relates to male/female and conservation/liberal bias.

The op posts the video of sinead with the comments "i hope she gets some rest soon". After watching the video, I'm left with the impression that sinead is in a mental crisis and likely suicidal. Instead of assuming or hoping against something the op may have meant, I courteously replied asking the op suggesting maybe clarification of the comments are needed. I thought the comments could be misconstrued and for me they are confusing.
    I don't know the op so in reading the post and replies I'm not sure if the person is maybe meaning sinead should kill herself soon, by hoping she gets some rest soon... I'm not suicidal, I do get occasional "mental maintenance" from a professional, and recommend that for everyone. Obviously by posting it the subject and/or the topic is important to the op.
    What do I know, maybe the op has/had similar experience and the word "rest" is an indication that someone is (it honestly did cross my mind) suicidal (any health pros around).
    My reply "very important topic and the video is an obvious cry out for help" (does my reply seem funny/tasteless or empathetic?)
    The ops reply / clarification was also confusing, maybe even snide...  "^^that was i meant..peace of mind of course.." Okay I give the op the benefit of doubt but maybe he/she is hating on sinead for some reason (religious etc). I'm not in the mind of the op but its absolutely plausible by the comments that the posts could be derogatory (being made fun of). Hasn't sinead practically her entire life been the butt end of tasteless jokes, hasn't she been made fun of her entire career, (from her choice of hair style, clothing to her opinions viewpoints) or is that my imagination? Not a far stretch to think that maybe this post is a underhanded dig at sinead (thats why I asked for clarification).
    I'm not a mental health expert but as I explained I doubt that after watching that video health professionals would first and foremost recommend "rest". Wouldn't it be get some help? Don't remain alone, isolated, talk to someone?
    When people say "that person needs help" or "that person should seek mental help", are they imply that the person may need rest, have a sleep disorder, that the help they should seek somehow involves rest/sleep? I don't know I certainly never looked at it that way, maybe I'm waaay off. If someone came to me having a crisis and is suicidal, rest sleep would be pretty far down my list of how to help. IMO rest is secondary.

This thread is titled "one of millions" with a video of someone in crisis, it is not specific to sinead or at least I didn't think so. Many people silently suffer with mental health issues, as I stated a very important topic and not one to be made fun of.

I posted the text messages (as explained by h2m) to show how not to help someone in crisis, which I thought is similar to recommending someone getting some rest in such a desperate situation. Again not being entirely convinced the op wasn't posting for fun.
    Its completely mind boggling to me how anyone (assuming, without asking for clarity, if they weren't sure) would assume that my replies were "making fun of" or "tasteless".

"now back to the music"
    My apologies if i wasn't a 100% clear with my comments..i saw a person who needs help and i'm hoping she find some soon..
    with the words 'rest' or 'peace of mind', i don't mean death or something else..thank you..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Backtrack all you like - though I appreciate your attempt at explaining - but consider that 23 is from Greece as shown, and isn't an asshole or lacking compassion; so, maybe...perhaps a small gap in language?  In any event, I did ask for clarification and was given your condescending response.
    hedonist said:
    Backtrack all you like - though I appreciate your attempt at explaining - but consider that 23 is from Greece as shown, and isn't an asshole or lacking compassion; so, maybe...perhaps a small gap in language?  In any event, I did ask for clarification and was given your condescending response.
    Its unfortunate that you consider my explanation as backtracking, your certainly entitled to your opinion as are we all.
    yours is yours and mine won't take it's place

As I stated I don't know the op so I wouldn't know where their from but it helps explaining. I make no assumptions about anyone nor do I do recon on who what where. I find it rather curious that you didn't offer the op is from Greece until now. Why not mention that in any of your previous replies?

If you think that reply is a question that asks for clarification then I'll stick to my original recommendation.

This is actually a good case study of the Google memo.
    JC29856 said:
    hedonist said:
    Its unfortunate that you consider my explanation as backtracking, your certainly entitled to your opinion as are we all.

As I stated I don't know the op so I wouldn't know where their from but it helps explaining. I make no assumptions about anyone nor do I do recon on who what where. I find it rather curious that you didn't offer the op is from Greece until now. Why not mention that in any of your previous replies?

If you think that reply is a question that asks for clarification then I'll stick to my original recommendation.

It's right there next to the OP's username.

I'm not going to do the silly back-and-forth thing over this and your "recommendation".  It's one page.  Go up, read again, and if you think you were a stand-up person through it?  Great, boom, done.
    JC29856 said:
    hedonist said:

I'm curious how you're drawing a parallel to the google memo?  
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    23scidoo said:
    JC29856 said:

"now back to the music"
    My apologies if i wasn't a 100% clear with my comments..i saw a person who needs help and i'm hoping she find some soon..
    with the words 'rest' or 'peace of mind', i don't mean death or something else..thank you..
    No need to apologize. You were being trolled, best just to ignore.
    hedonist said:
    JC29856 said:
    hedonist said:

It's right there next to the OP's username.

I'm not going to do the silly back-and-forth thing over this and your "recommendation".  It's one page.  Go up, read again, and if you think you were a stand-up person through it?  Great, boom, done.
    1. I use a phone, where froms are not displayed
    2. Questions are posed with quotes to indicate who directed at.

In any event the op was gracious and I appreciate the response. I'm sorry if I offended him her in any way.
    edited August 2017
    JC29856 said:
    hedonist said:

well done! good question!

I'll suggest you read the Google memo then read my explanation above, it may shed some light.
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:
    hedonist said:

I'll suggest you read the Google memo then read my explanation above, it may shed some light.
    I know yesterday is a bit foggy for you, but I did read the memo and highlighted where I thought the author was being whiney in the other thread. I have assumptions about why you're drawing a parallel to it in here, but I thought I'd ask first. Anyway, here they are: Hedonists reply was straightforward and respectful, but maybe saying you were being condescending offended you? The only connection to the memo I see is that both you and the author have difficulty hearing feedback from others, and interpret this as being shut down and sidelined. But as a fellow white guy, I know that the expectation is that we speak what's on our mind without needing to engage in dialogue or listen to what others think about it. The times they are a changing, though. Thankfully.  
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:
    hedonist said:

I know yesterday is a bit foggy for you, but I did read the memo and highlighted where I thought the author was being whiney in the other thread. I have assumptions about why you're drawing a parallel to it in here, but I thought I'd ask first. Anyway, here they are: Hedonists reply was straightforward and respectful, but maybe saying you were being condescending offended you? The only connection to the memo I see is that both you and the author have difficulty hearing feedback from others, and interpret this as being shut down and sidelined. But as a fellow white guy, I know that the expectation is that we speak what's on our mind without needing to engage in dialogue or listen to what others think about it. The times they are a changing, though. Thankfully.  

This discussion has been closed.