Kaepernick

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Jason P said:
    The funny part about this whole thing to me is that it's a lot of the media that is all up in arms over no team signing Kaepernick and they are the exact fucking reason that no one is signing him!!!  The media created this fucking circus with this story.   Is Kaepernick good enough to be a backup?  Absolutely.  But I don't blame a team one bit for not wanting that type of distraction all for a backup QB.  
    You haven't followed the Jets these past few years, huh?
    Ha!   I heard they sent a backup qb to the locker room because he didn't know how to break huddle correctly.  I'm pretty sure Kaep can do that. 

Jets gonna Jets ...
    Oh man that's the tip of the iceberg.  Their QB fiasco goes back 5-6 years ago and has continued since.
    The Curse of the Tebow!
  • A good experiment would be to have Brady and Brees take a knee and then see what happens to their career trajectory. 
    Come on.

Why don't you surmise what you think might happen?

Let me shape 'some' context for you: hall of fame studs take a knee versus bum takes a knee. Nothing would happen to Brees or Brady other than, say, Patriot haters who disagreed with the protest would have their hatred refuelled for Brady.

Kap was already spiralling out of the NFL due to his play and poor leadership. Remember when he was calling guys 'n**gers' on the field?

If anything, his protest made him relevant. He's not even good enough to carry those two guys' bags.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Hmmm. Tebow.  Another qb with average skills that likes to kneel and create attention for his cause.  Didn't work out for Him either.  

Can Kaep hit a curve ball?
    A good experiment would be to have Brady and Brees take a knee and then see what happens to their career trajectory. 
    Tebow!!!  ^^^

Ye shall not mock Drew Brees.  As a Colts fan and Purdue grad, him leading the Saints to a SB win is the only scenario which I wouldn't hate the Saints forever even though I wanted the Colts to win. 

FYI: Tom Brady can choke on a bag of used dildos. (Deflated used dildos of course)
  • Jason P said:
    Hmmm. Tebow.  Another qb with average skills that likes to kneel and create attention for his cause.  Didn't work out for Him either.  

Can Kaep hit a curve ball?
    Average skills?

You are generous.

Great college player though.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    Jason P said:
    A good experiment would be to have Brady and Brees take a knee and then see what happens to their career trajectory. 
    Tebow!!!  ^^^

Ye shall not mock Drew Brees.  As a Colts fan and Purdue grad, him leading the Saints to a SB win is the only scenario which I wouldn't hate the Saints forever even though I wanted the Colts to win. 

FYI: Tom Brady can choke on a bag of used dildos. (Deflated used dildos of course)

No mockery! As a Boiler myself, I'm aware the man walks on water. I would just like to see the brick shitting happen. 
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

Nothing would happen.  Those guys are future hall of fame QBs.  I don't get what is so hard to understand about teams not wanting to deal with a media circus for a fucking backup QB?!?!?  A backup QB is not worth the type of distraction that this would bring.  Plain and simple.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

Nothing would happen.  Those guys are future hall of fame QBs.  I don't get what is so hard to understand about teams not wanting to deal with a media circus for a fucking backup QB?!?!?  A backup QB is not worth the type of distraction that this would bring.  Plain and simple.
    The NFL needs to reconsider it's media standards.  I see where you're coming from, but the fact that a peaceful protest is viewed as a distraction, nuisance, etc is a huge part of the problem.  The NFL could nip it in the bud if they wanted to.

The NFL needs to reconsider it's media standards.  I see where you're coming from, but the fact that a peaceful protest is viewed as a distraction, nuisance, etc is a huge part of the problem.  The NFL could nip it in the bud if they wanted to.

It's not the protest that is the distraction.  It's the media attention that comes along with it that is the distraction.  Yes, it's a story...but the media blew this thing so far out of proportion last year.  Not sure how the NFL could really do anything about that.....it's more of a media problem than an NFL problem.
  • brianlux said:

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong

Wrong

Just because people don't react the way you want doesn't mean whatever you're talking about means nothing to them.

He's a back up QB with baggage that wants Starting QB money.  It's not a mystery why he doesn't have a job.  Sometimes (a lot of times) the simple answer is the right answer.  If he could help a team, they would take him on.  But, yes his baggage (as with all players - and employees for that matter) factors into the equation.

He opted out of his contract. Oops!

Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    brianlux said:

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong

Wrong

Just because people don't react the way you want doesn't mean whatever you're talking about means nothing to them.

He's a back up QB with baggage that wants Starting QB money.  It's not a mystery why he doesn't have a job.  Sometimes (a lot of times) the simple answer is the right answer.  If he could help a team, they would take him on.  But, yes his baggage (as with all players - and employees for that matter) factors into the equation.

Nothing on that shirt is incorrect
  • brianlux said:

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong

Wrong

Yes it is. I wasn't mad. Were you?  How does he know who's talking about what? 

He's judging the masses by a few.  Isn't that what he's fighting against?

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    brianlux said:

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong

Wrong

Goodness gracious 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    brianlux said:

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong

Wrong

Goodness gracious 
    ... Great balls of fire!
  • brianlux said:

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong

Wrong

Goodness gracious 

What? You mad bro?  Doesn't fit your view of the world?
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    edited August 2017
    BTW, the best part of this story (other than the idiot proving himself an idiot by turning down $14 Million) is his girlfriend coming out and calling a future potential employer of his a racist and slave owner.  Those 2 dopes deserve each other. Too funny.
  • Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    brianlux said:

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong

Wrong

Goodness gracious 

What? You mad bro?  Doesn't fit your view of the world?
    If you don't know who that shirt is directed toward, I feel bad for ya.
    brianlux said:

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong

Wrong

Stop viewing a silent protest as "having baggage."  Jesus fucking Christ.

It's not the protest that is the distraction.  It's the media attention that comes along with it that is the distraction.  Yes, it's a story...but the media blew this thing so far out of proportion last year.  Not sure how the NFL could really do anything about that.....it's more of a media problem than an NFL problem.
    Yeah, I know what you mean.  And you're not wrong, the media has definitely blown it out of proportion.  Just seems to me a multi-billion dollar league of professionals could act professional and not allow the media circus to distract them from their objective of winning games making more revenue.

Yeah, I know what you mean.  And you're not wrong, the media has definitely blown it out of proportion.  Just seems to me a multi-billion dollar league of professionals could act professional and not allow the media circus to distract them from their objective of winning games making more revenue.

Yep, but unfortunately that media circus is inevitable in this case.  The media fucking salivates at a story like this.  There's no way that Kap being on your team isn't going to be a giant distraction...I absolutely wouldn't want my team to sign him.  

Yep, but unfortunately that media circus is inevitable in this case.  The media fucking salivates at a story like this.  There's no way that Kap being on your team isn't going to be a giant distraction...I absolutely wouldn't want my team to sign him.  
    I remember this very same sentiment going on when Michael Sam was around.  It was the media that made it a story.

I remember this very same sentiment going on when Michael Sam was around.  It was the media that made it a story.
    OK, so what's your point?  You don't think the media overhyped the shit out of the Kaepernick story???  
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    brianlux said:

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong

Wrong

it's far from silent when millions of people are watching you do it.  silent would be doing it in his own place by himself, not at work in front of a television audience...for what it's worth.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    brianlux said:

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong

Wrong

I wouldn't say the shirt is wrong, it's more a commentary on people's reaction and media reaction. Police abuse doesn't get acknowledged unless there's clear video of it happening. Even in those cases it will be debated or denied. It all tends to fit the framework that white people have constructed: cops are trustworthy, and if there are a few bad apples, oh well. New information about racism and policing can be assismilated and considered, or it can be rejected consciously (see: Blue lives matter creation).  
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    pjhawks said:
    brianlux said:

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong

Wrong

it's far from silent when millions of people are watching you do it.  silent would be doing it in his own place by himself, not at work in front of a television audience...for what it's worth.
    It's not a "protest" if it's done alone in your own room. 

His protest was indeed silent. Others certainly made a lot of noise about it.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    pjhawks said:
    brianlux said:

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong

Wrong

Huh?
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited August 2017
    ^^^
    It's pretty straightforward. Like pjhawks said "it's far from silent when millions of people are watching you do it.  silent would be doing it in his own place by himself, not at work in front of a television audience...for what it's worth."

Sports people want to be entertained not drained from the baggage of players.  Leave that stuff for politicians.

OK, so what's your point?  You don't think the media overhyped the shit out of the Kaepernick story???  
    Please see original comment in Bold Italics.

So yes, I believe the media blew this story wide open and made it about what he was doing rather than what he was doing it for.  I think that his back and forth with the Cuban reporter was an educated retort that also got blown out of proportion.