• Options
    RideTheWave93RideTheWave93 UK Posts: 210
    Jethro Tull
    Yes!

About time right!
  • Options
    stevedsteved Posts: 651
    edited August 2017
    Soundgarden is the only way I see CC getting in the HOF.
    I don't see anyway that TOTD, Audioslave or CC solo get in. It is unfortunate because one of the things that makes him so amazing is that he was much stronger as a sum of all of those parts. Not just a member, but the driving force, the voice and a songwriter. That's why when you listen to a solo concert of his, or you look at the setlist and see that he wrote all or most of those songs from all four of those bands, and there are 2-1/2 hours full of hits. Still they don't induct just the man, because his solo career on its own isn't enough probably. 
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    Nami said:
    The Hip

YES!
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,237
    It's time they gave metal some love. Both Slayer and Megadeth belong in there. Tool and RATM as well.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,237
    edited August 2017
    And I'll reiterate what many have already said, Soundgarden should be in and should have gone in a year or two before PJ. From the first notes of Flower on Ultramega Ok, you could hear the talent and breath of fresh air in their sound. While Ultra and Louder than Love were both hit or miss in terms of overall album, it was clear they were quickly evolving and by Badmotorfinger, they honed that raw sound into a hard hitting masterpiece. And then there was Superunknown. They took it to an even higher level and peeled off some of the heavy sludge to showcase the depth of their sound. In a year filled with amazing releases, Superunknown still stands out as one of the best ever. The hall fucked it up, which has created this awkward situation for next year's nomination. Chris Cornell was one of the most versatile musicians and a rare talent who achieved success in pretty much every musical endeavor he was a part of. If there was a way to recognize an individual talent like that, he would have already been in the hall.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,141
    steved said:
    I don't see anyway that TOTD, Audioslave or CC solo get in. It is unfortunate because one of the things that makes him so amazing is that he was much stronger as a sum of all of those parts. Not just a member, but the driving force, the voice and a songwriter. That's why when you listen to a solo concert of his, or you look at the setlist and see that he wrote all or most of those songs from all four of those bands, and there are 2-1/2 hours full of hits. Still they don't induct just the man, because his solo career on its own isn't enough probably. 
    Maybe.   It's also hard to tell in the modern area, because album sales completely tanked for pretty much everyone.  How do you tell how much influence a person had if you can't actually tell how many people are listening to it.

I agree about ToTD.   They only put out 1 album so that would be hard to get in.   Soundgarden will get in (one day).  I think eventually maybe audioslave gets in.  They had 3 albums, most of which were fairly big.     The solo career.  Maybe.  It had its ups and downs until he figure the acoustic thing.  It would probably be hard to iduct him on it.   i'd settle for 2/4 :)
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,867
    edited August 2017
    there is a log jam of great 90's bands
    Rage/Radiohead/Soundgarden/Tool/NIN/Dre/  and The Cars/Janet/Judas Priest/Dire Straights/Duran Duran/Tribe....a long list of worthy

I think Dre is in, probably Janet (yeah rock and roll my ass)
    Duran Duran should be in

My prediction which will be wayyy wrong:
    Dr. Dre or Janet
    Duran Duran
    Priest
    Radio Head
    Rage or NIN

Sorry omitt d the Cure,and Janes Addiction .they should both be n for sure

I also think Def Leppard absolutely should be in as well as Bon Jovi.  I am serious and I don t like them

my dream class:
    Janes
    Duran Duran
    NIN
    Soundgarden
    Rage
    Post edited by hrd2imgn on
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,872
    so now that pearl jam is in the hall, what is on display?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    and IRON MAIDEN!!
    Hell yeah!
    NYPJ
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I was never a huge cornell fan.  I dig a lot of soundgarden's music, half the tracks on totd... but in large doses, i can only take so much of cornell's voice.  I feel the same way about gord and the hip. I felt like the extended totd set at pj20 shows... although i respect the history of it.... killed the flow of the shows.  Actually not a huge fan of Audioslave other than a few tracks.  I respect the range of his voice and everything and the skillz.... I don't know what I'm saying or where I am going.

With that said, Soundgarden should get in, in light of other bands and acts that i feel are less significant/deserving.  Seems like a no-brainer.

• Options
    Zod said:
    steved said:
    Maybe.   It's also hard to tell in the modern area, because album sales completely tanked for pretty much everyone.  How do you tell how much influence a person had if you can't actually tell how many people are listening to it.

I agree about ToTD.   They only put out 1 album so that would be hard to get in.   Soundgarden will get in (one day).  I think eventually maybe audioslave gets in.  They had 3 albums, most of which were fairly big.     The solo career.  Maybe.  It had its ups and downs until he figure the acoustic thing.  It would probably be hard to iduct him on it.   i'd settle for 2/4 :)

Eric Clapton is in 3 times. Only person. The number of people in twice is small and includes legends like Jimmy Page, Paul McCartney, Curtis Mayfield and Lou Reed (interestingly, the list now includes Greg Rolie, but that's because of Santana and Journey - he would not be there on his own - other than him, it's a who's who of Rock Legend).  And, folks expect Chris Cornell to match that? Get real. He will be lucky to get Soundgarden in. The rest are completely out of the question.

Folks should step off The Porch into the real world once in a while.

Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    steved said:

Eric Clapton is in 3 times. Only person. The number of people in twice is small and includes legends like Jimmy Page, Paul McCartney, Curtis Mayfield and Lou Reed (interestingly, the list now includes Greg Rolie, but that's because of Santana and Journey - he would not be there on his own - other than him, it's a who's who of Rock Legend).  And, folks expect Chris Cornell to match that? Get real. He will be lucky to get Soundgarden in. The rest are completely out of the question.

Folks should step off The Porch into the real world once in a while.

I agree. TOTD put out a timeless/classic album but one album won't get u in. And Audioslave sold a lot of records and was popular but didnt exactly influence anyone. Hard to put Audiosave in when the two bands comprising the members of Audioslave aren't in. Again, good music, but Jane's Addiction and Soundgarden can't get in, how can AS? 
  • Options
    khinmonkhinmon Posts: 4
    Still cannot believe that Soundgarden isn't in the RRHOF. Even more heartbroken that Chris Cornell won't be able to stand up there for himself. I will be extremely surprised and disappointed if they aren't in the class of 2018. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,906
    For how many years has Soundgarden been eligible?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,354
    JimmyV said:
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,906
    igotid88 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Thanks. I knew their first release came a few years before Ten but wasn't sure how many.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."