Trump's Lies

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    dignin said:
    JC29856 said:
    here is another point (vomit talk if you will) that may be overlooked or discounted that Americans and foreign nations and citizens can appreciate.

Trump the candidate and Trump the President tells the tough truths about America that no other candidate or president would even think about saying.

O'Reilly pressed Trump on his statement, saying, "But he's a killer though. Putin's a killer."

"There are a lot of killers. We've got a lot of killers. What, you think our country is so innocent?" Trump responded.

Trump statements regarding US Intel being dead wrong on WMDs.

how courageous is this statement "we tortured some folks"?

I still can't believe we elected this idiot.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    JC29856 said:
    benjs said:
    JC29856 said:
    benjs said:
    JC29856 said:
    dignin said:
    JC29856 said:
    my top 3 lying liar presidents

Obama learned about Hilliarys private email server "the same time everybody else did....from the media"
    Here's a solid tip: Start your own thread about it.
    HW Bush..."read my lips, no new taxes!"
    The suspense is killing me. Your list-making is phenomenal - do you work for Buzzfeed?
    #1 the is an easy one, suspenseless, the most famous presidential lie EVER!
    So you feel that George H. W. Bush and Barack Obama had greater tendencies to lie than Trump?
    this is getting CNN situation roomish!
    to be clear are we taking about Trump lies or Trump campaign lies?

originally the narrative was "Trump Putin collusion" after a year it's now "Trump campaign collusion with Russians".

much different times/political environment then HW and Obomba.

the media didn't feel responsible for electing HW or Obomba so they didn't feel the need to "make up" for their salacious campaign coverage by reporting all these lies. 

a CNN producer said something to the effect...Obama was never scrutinized like Trump. project veratas hidden cam. 

HW was a do nothing president, but the read my lips was an instant classic.
    Obomba the Deporter in Chief and the Drone President was a much better liar than Trump.

Like we said in another topic, with exception of Arkansas Bills Big One, Democrats are masters of deceptive plausible lying, in that their lies are difficult or impossible to prove otherwise.
    Latest lies 
    the boy scouts refute orange bafoon's claim that the scouts master proclaimed his speech the best ever...
    Refuting juniors response about the meeting !
    this man lies every day of his life ! 
    This is at least the 2nd or 3rd time that tRump has said someone called him about how great he was and it was refuted.  Fucking unbelievable.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    boy scout leader called him? uh, nope.

president of mexico called him? uh, no again.

huckabee sanders - grow a set and resign.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Wobbie said:
    boy scout leader called him? uh, nope.

president of mexico called him? uh, no again.

huckabee sanders - grow a set and resign.
    Bingo
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Kev - Coat and KeysKev - Coat and Keys Earth Posts: 357
    I think the official White House stance seems to be they are not lies as the President is insane and delusional?
    Is that what I'm hearing?
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Spicer and Sanders have prefaced alot of those wackier statements with "the President believes...", and "The President has been clear..." without claiming any accuracy or truthfulness...
    Turns out he's super cray yo
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    Today's press conference should be good...more lies to discuss

• RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    No matter what your opinion of Trump is, and my opinion of him isn't to good.  Isn't it kinda tasteless for Rodger Waters to come here and go on a bash Trump tour?  I love Pink Floyd and their music.  But I thought it was odd to use your stage to put up wicked pictures of Trump.
    Wouldn't that be like Pearl Jam going to some country and bashing their prime minister, or president?  Again I'm not a big fan of the Donald.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    RYME said:
    No matter what your opinion of Trump is, and my opinion of him isn't to good.  Isn't it kinda tasteless for Rodger Waters to come here and go on a bash Trump tour?  I love Pink Floyd and their music.  But I thought it was odd to use your stage to put up wicked pictures of Trump.
    Wouldn't that be like Pearl Jam going to some country and bashing their prime minister, or president?  Again I'm not a big fan of the Donald.
    I could see him maybe doing a small segment (like E.V. did with the Bush mask thing) to criticize our choice of president because that position is hugely influential globally.  But to make water's concerts basically and anti-Trump tour- nah, I wouldn't be interested in that. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    RYME said:
    Scott Walker sucks
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    CM189191 said:
    RYME said:
    Scott Walker sucks
    He sucks or do you just not like his music? 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited August 2017
    RYME said:
    I would be a lot more surprised if Roger Waters didn't do it. This is normal for him. Tasteless to go to a country and criticize the worst nightmare of a leader that the world has ever seen? A man who has a major impact on the world, not just the US? No. I would say it is not tasteless at all. Roger Waters/Pink Floyd have always been super political, so this makes a lot of sense. The Wall gives it even more sense. Some Americans seem to think that Trump isn't anyone elses business outside of the USA, but that is not the case. It's everybody's business.
    As for PJ going to some country and bashing their horrible, disgusting, harmful, embarrassing, disruptive, bigoted, criminal president.... I would be all for that, lol, assuming it wouldn't get them arrested. However, most countries don't elect people like Trump.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    RYME said:
    I would be a lot more surprised if Roger Waters didn't do it. This is normal for him. Tasteless to go to a country and criticize the worst nightmare of a leader that the world has ever seen? A man who has a major impact on the world, not just the US? No. I would say it is not tasteless at all. Roger Waters/Pink Floyd have always been super political, so this makes a lot of sense. The Wall gives it even more sense. Some Americans seem to think that Trump isn't anyone elses business outside of the USA, but that is not the case. It's everybody's business.
    As for PJ going to some country and bashing their horrible, disgusting, harmful, embarrassing, disruptive, bigoted, criminal president.... I would be all for that, lol, assuming it wouldn't get them arrested. However, most countries don't elect people like Trump.
    But would you want the whole theme of the show to be political?  Personally, I wouldn't.  I think Ed pushed it a little close to the limit in Missoula (good times, eh!) but knew to keep the focus on the music and having a good time.  Throw in a few jabs at Trump (who could resist!) but not make it a show "theme".  That would be off-putting for me.

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    If I went to a Waters show, I think I'd be disappointed if he wasn't bashing trump. So much of his music touches on the themes of fascism and conformity, that it only makes sense to bring in what's happening currently.   
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Exactly right, PJSoul & Beavers. Roger Waters has never been shy about his political views, and just about every album (whether solo or Pink Floyd) contains elements of that. So it would be shocking to see a hyper-political artist/band not share those views with the audience. I've been a massive Pink Floyd fan since the 70's and find that I'm nearly Amused to Death by people just now figuring out that Roger has something to say. Did any of the people who were surprised listen to his latest album "Is This The Life We Really Want?" He's pretty fucking blatant and obvious about where he stands, and his loathing for Trump. As Roger suggested, people who don't like it should probably just "Go see Katy Perry."

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    jeffbr said:
     "Go see Katy Perry."

word
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    I respect what you guys are saying, G.B and Jeff, but for me their has to be a line drawn between music and politics.  Even Neil Young who is very political  has stated that as a musician , the music has to come first.  I can't find the interview off-hand but he basically said, "I'm a musician and that comes first."

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    I have no issue with what Waters has done, and I'm surprised that anyone who knows his career is surprised. You might not agree with his sentiment but there shouldn't be any surprise that he's expressing it. And the fact that there is a particular theme doesn't mean there isn't a focus on "the music".  

Also, reviews and descriptions of the show are widely available. It's not like a PJ show; it's the same set list every night. Anyone whose doesn't wish to experience it can chose not to go. He's ultimately an artist so he gets to choose what he plays, provided he doesn't step over the line of advocating violence, etc. If the public doesn't like it he won't be commercially successful. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    jeffbr said:
    Exactly right, PJSoul & Beavers. Roger Waters has never been shy about his political views, and just about every album (whether solo or Pink Floyd) contains elements of that. So it would be shocking to see a hyper-political artist/band not share those views with the audience. I've been a massive Pink Floyd fan since the 70's and find that I'm nearly Amused to Death by people just now figuring out that Roger has something to say. Did any of the people who were surprised listen to his latest album "Is This The Life We Really Want?" He's pretty fucking blatant and obvious about where he stands, and his loathing for Trump. As Roger suggested, people who don't like it should probably just "Go see Katy Perry."

I find it amusing that you think the question I asked suggests that I just now noticed Pink Floyd's stance on things. Late to the party?  My elevator doesn't go all the way to the top floor.  Ok, But I thought Ed's routine with the W mask and glittery sport coat was hilarious. And the rage at the end of Daughter/Tag if you will on the Showbox DVD I thought was powerful.
    Katie Perry endorsed Hillary, so I don't get that response.
    I'm not a Trump supporter.  Just asked a question.  But to put up pics that make him look like a drag queen just isn't funny to me.  You can have something to say like Ed does, or you can be rediculous.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    RYME said:
    jeffbr said:

I find it amusing that you think the question I asked suggests that I just now noticed Pink Floyd's stance on things. Late to the party?  My elevator doesn't go all the way to the top floor.  Ok, But I thought Ed's routine with the W mask and glittery sport coat was hilarious. And the rage at the end of Daughter/Tag if you will on the Showbox DVD I thought was powerful.
    I'm not a Trump supporter.  Just asked a question.  But to put up pics that make him look like a drag queen just isn't funny to me.  You can have something to say like Ed does, or you can be rediculous.
    I wasn't referring specifically to you or your post. I was responding in general to a lot of the backlash I keep hearing about Roger Waters' latest tour. And I don't find the drag queen Trump any more ridiculous than Vedder in a Bush mask. They are both doing performance art, both great musicians, both capable of writing scathing lyrics. The big difference is that Ed has mellowed with age and Roger hasn't. Hopefully Ed is still able to channel some of his almost forgotten angst and rage in a new PJ offering. But we'll probably end up with an album full of Future Days and Sleeping By Myself. Yawn. I'm just happy Roger is still consistently Roger.

I agree with you about how powerful Ed was on the Showbox DVD (I was fortunate enough to be at those shows). Ed was definitely unleashed.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    PJ_Soul said:
    RYME said:
    really, worse than Hitler, Stalin, Hussein, etc?  come on now, he is pretty awful but really that a lot of hyperbole don't you think?
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    RYME said:
    really, worse than Hitler, Stalin, Hussein, etc?  come on now, he is pretty awful but really that a lot of hyperbole don't you think?
    I find myself a bit surprised- maybe even a bit appalled- to be saying this, but in a way I agree with PJ_Soul.  It depends on the definition of worst or best.   Hitler, Stalin, Hussein, Pol Pot, Amin, et al, as horrible as they all were, they were strong leaders with clear goals.  To be sure, their strengths were used for evil purposes and their goals caused uncounted suffering, misery, pain and death, but they were well defined and carried out with purpose.  The leader in question here is basically clueless, never really wanted or expected to get the job and has no clear goals of intentions.  He would rather be golfing.

edited August 2017
    jeffbr said:
    RYME said:
    jeffbr said:

I wasn't referring specifically to you or your post. I was responding in general to a lot of the backlash I keep hearing about Roger Waters' latest tour. And I don't find the drag queen Trump any more ridiculous than Vedder in a Bush mask. They are both doing performance art, both great musicians, both capable of writing scathing lyrics. The big difference is that Ed has mellowed with age and Roger hasn't. Hopefully Ed is still able to channel some of his almost forgotten angst and rage in a new PJ offering. But we'll probably end up with an album full of Future Days and Sleeping By Myself. Yawn. I'm just happy Roger is still consistently Roger.

I agree with you about how powerful Ed was on the Showbox DVD (I was fortunate enough to be at those shows). Ed was definitely unleashed.
    Wow lucky you for being at those shows.
    I was at the St.Paul, Chicago, and Alpine Valley shows that year. Yep unleashed is a good word for it.  Nice distinction between the two great performers.
    Oh, and for what it's worth, Animals is my favorite Pink Floyd album front to back. ;)
    Post edited by RYME on
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    RYME said:
    But would you want the whole theme of the show to be political?  Personally, I wouldn't.  I think Ed pushed it a little close to the limit in Missoula (good times, eh!) but knew to keep the focus on the music and having a good time.  Throw in a few jabs at Trump (who could resist!) but not make it a show "theme".  That would be off-putting for me.
    Yes, I would like the whole theme of the show to be political. Why not? That's what The Wall is, right? I'm interested in politics, and I don't think that a politics-heavy show, focusing on the music, and having a good time at the show are all mutually exclusive. I didn't think Eddie even came close to making that Missoula show all about politics, and it was a political fundraiser...
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited August 2017
    I attended the vote for change tour for a few shows.  They were great and not what I thought it would be.  Something tells me though that if Pearl Jam was announcing their next tour as an anti-Trump tour w/ all the bells and whistles flashing it would be a first time that some, actually many 10c members would think twice about putting in for tix.  No one wants to spend money and vacation time on a night out to protest President Trump.  That's what marching is for.
    I attended the vote for change tour for a few shows.  They were great and not what I thought it would be.  Something tells me though that if Pearl Jam was announcing their next tour as an anti-Trump tour w/ all the bells and whistles flashing it would be a first time that some, actually many 10c members would think twice about putting in for tix.  No one wants to spend money and vacation time on a night out to protest President Trump.  That's what marching is for.
    Nobody suggested that Pearl Jam should or would dedicate an entire tour to Trump. That would be totally bizarre. It's not bizarre for Roger Waters though. Him doing that is about the least surprising thing ever.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    Best regards. MARA.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • PJ_Soul said:
    Nobody suggested that Pearl Jam should or would dedicate an entire tour to Trump. That would be totally bizarre. It's not bizarre for Roger Waters though. Him doing that is about the least surprising thing ever.
    Why would it be so bizarre in a world where they did the VFC tour?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    PJ_Soul said:
    Why would it be so bizarre in a world where they did the VFC tour?
    A tour trying to get out the vote is a lot different than a tour dedicated to trashing one individual IMO. I fully acknowledge and appreciate that PJ has been very political (I wish they still were - they've largely dropped that in recent years), but making an entire tour about Trump would be something totally unheard of for Pearl Jam, especially now, since they've become so much more timid about such things.