framed poster thread

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    mrussel1 said:
    This wall in my basement was the perfect size to fit 6 18x24 posters.  Got them all framed in the same style frame.  I think it came out pretty good.  Now time to fill up the rest of the wall space down here!

Looks great.  I use homogeneous frames for the same room too.  I think it looks good.  Also easy to rotate frame jobs in and out!

Thanks!  Yeah, I'm definitely planning on getting a few more framed in the same style frame so I can swap some in and out.  
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    MayDay10 said:
    yeah, I am warming up to it.
    I think the lighter green looks more authentically baseball.  The mintier green looks a bit more artificial in comparison, at least by the low rez images.  
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    yeah, I am warming up to it.
    I think the lighter green looks more authentically baseball.  The mintier green looks a bit more artificial in comparison, at least by the low rez images.  
    Thanks for the input.  You mean the lighter green is better in your opinion?  That one is actually called mint.  

The image doesnt do the darker one justice.  You could see in my original post on this that the 'grain' isnt so uniform as it is in the 'preview' image....  But the 'dark' seems to detract from the art, I think.
    Yeah it's hard to really tell the color.  I was saying teh original one you posted, before you edited, looks more like the color that you would see on a baseball field.  Personally I would go with whichever of those two colors look closer to that.  
    Is this on American Frame?  Have you ordered with them before?  I'm curious how well they do it.  I need a resource for the 12x36 size.  Total pain...  
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    mrussel1 said:
    Yeah it's hard to really tell the color.  I was saying teh original one you posted, before you edited, looks more like the color that you would see on a baseball field.  Personally I would go with whichever of those two colors look closer to that.  
    Is this on American Frame?  Have you ordered with them before?  I'm curious how well they do it.  I need a resource for the 12x36 size.  Total pain...  
    This is 'pictureframes.com'.  I have used american frame a bunch in the past and it is good.  A few issues is it isnt 'professionally' done, you get a kit, so I have had posters 'slip' and I have had to adjust the setup.  I actually reduce the poster size a tad if possible so you get a more snug fit behind the mat(s).  You also dont have quite the array of choices as you get with a in-person framer.  The trade-off in cost is worth it though IMO.
  • ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    Way too much green
    Mine.

9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    I like the green with white mat
    www.cluthelee.com
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    CK150886 said:
    Need to frame the MSG owl & place it in condo on the mountain in Colorado

My simple frame job.... found the frame at a thrift store for $20.
    Nice job. My wife likes the wood frame too! I'm thinking about using 2 mattes, still undecided.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,430
    ski-bum said:
    Way too much green
    Mine.

I did mine with a white frame
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Any tips out there for "do it yourself" framing?
    Thanks.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
    Thanks.
    Are you looking to cut your own mat too, or just buy pre-cut stuff from American Framers or some other company.  If the latter, then the only thing you need to do the job is some acid free tape and maybe some spacers.  It's nothing.. . 
    If the former, then yeah I've got lots of suggestions from all of my trials and tribulations!
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Does anyone have any suggestions for frame/mat colors for the 2012 Spawn poster?
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Does anyone have any suggestions for frame/mat colors for the 2012 Spawn poster?
    I have seen a couple with a grayish/silver mat that look amazing 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    mrussel1 said:
    Thanks.
    Are you looking to cut your own mat too, or just buy pre-cut stuff from American Framers or some other company.  If the latter, then the only thing you need to do the job is some acid free tape and maybe some spacers.  It's nothing.. . 
    If the former, then yeah I've got lots of suggestions from all of my trials and tribulations!
    I'd rather have someone else cut the mat ... I'm in Canada so I don't think we have American Framers up here. But maybe Michaels will do this for me.  What do you use for spacers?
    Thanks!
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Anyone have an Adelaide Munk One framed?  Im thinking a dark gray/charcoal mat.  Black frame
    mrussel1 said:
    Thanks.
    I'd rather have someone else cut the mat ... I'm in Canada so I don't think we have American Framers up here. But maybe Michaels will do this for me.  What do you use for spacers?
    Thanks!
    I actually don't use spacers because I always use double mat so the print won't touch the glass.  The mats act as spacers.  Michael's should have tiny little ones that go in the corner to set it back if you want.  I think...Michael's and the like will charge 20-30 bucks as part of the "framing" price if you get mats and frame from them.  You can save that amount and also not let the print leave your hands if you have them cut the mat and frame and give it to you like that, putting the print in yourself.  30 bucks is 30 bucks plus you don't have to give them the art.  
    Just did these today.. one for me and one for my son's room. 

• CButt2CButt2 Posts: 157
    Nice Jeff Soto for Metallica. Some good posters coming out of that Metallica tour. Heading to the Edmonton Alberta concert in August hoping they have a decent poster for that one.
  • Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    edited July 2017
    Couple new additions...

• guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    hadfiiw said:
    Got a couple back from the framer today.

Just love those bubbles. Have that one hanging in my living room!
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
    CButt2 said:
    Nice Jeff Soto for Metallica. Some good posters coming out of that Metallica tour. Heading to the Edmonton Alberta concert in August hoping they have a decent poster for that one.

CButt2 said:
    Yeah, the posters have been outstanding.  Plus the foils are awesome.  I got this S/N in a trade for St. Paul 2014..  
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Thanks.
    Thanks!
    I actually don't use spacers because I always use double mat so the print won't touch the glass.  The mats act as spacers.  Michael's should have tiny little ones that go in the corner to set it back if you want.  I think...Michael's and the like will charge 20-30 bucks as part of the "framing" price if you get mats and frame from them.  You can save that amount and also not let the print leave your hands if you have them cut the mat and frame and give it to you like that, putting the print in yourself.  30 bucks is 30 bucks plus you don't have to give them the art.  
    So, if I understand correctly, I can ask Michaels to cut the mat and frame and then I assemble myself. Will look into this. Thanks again
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Thanks.
    Thanks!
    So, if I understand correctly, I can ask Michaels to cut the mat and frame and then I assemble myself. Will look into this. Thanks again
    You got it... at least here in VA.
  • armyfanarmyfan Posts: 342
    My worcester. Underrated poster for sure. Great job brandon!!
  • SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 914
    sent my Slater Stockholm away to get framed today... The mockup looked amazing 
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,430
    Picked up my Faile from the framer today. Went with the bubble gum colors
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Just got done framing
    Picked up my Faile from the framer today. Went with the bubble gum colors
    I think it looks great.  I had pink in hand but changed at the last minute to blue and gray. After seeing this,  I might switch from the black to a white frame. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    armyfan said:
    My worcester. Underrated poster for sure. Great job brandon!!
    Great job! Is that a copy of the setlist or an original? If it's a copy can you let me know where you got it from? It was our first show and would love to print it off for my wife.
  • rock4everrock4ever Posts: 236
    london poster