Eddie Vedder to Headline Pilgrimage Festival

Comments

• gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
    I dig the Sunday night for Eddie...  I think the crowds will be down with JT there the night before and the next day being a work day...
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    It would be amazing to see Ed come out and do a song with Mavis Staples!
  • leebug87leebug87 Posts: 92
    I saw Pearl Jam tweeted there will be single-day tickets for sale this Friday, for anyone interested in attending just Sunday
    i am lost, i'm no guide, but i'm by your side
    i am right by your side...
    leebug87 said:
    I saw Pearl Jam tweeted there will be single-day tickets for sale this Friday, for anyone interested in attending just Sunday

lol, I'm happy with my VIP purchase, Saturday's lineup looks great - I've been looking forward to seeing Avett Brothers, and JT as well, plus getting to explore Nashville. But if I lived in the area and had already bought a weekend pass I'd be a little annoyed perhaps :)
    I am excited for the weekend as well.  But I have one set, and maybe a second set, of tickets I am trying to get rid of.  This may not help that cause, lol.  Plus, single day tickets may have more people there on Sunday.  I am selfishly hoping to get close(r) considering JT is Saturday night!
  • Vedder4PrezVedder4Prez Posts: 790
    Keep in mind that the main acts will only get 1:15. Ed will most likely be 6:45-8p. Not complaining since its in my back yard but short set for those traveling!
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    edited May 2017
    I'm sure it's a great festival, and the venue looks beautiful, but I've got a few gripes about Pilgrimage.

1 hour setlist for headliners? I know, I know, it's a festival... with lots of great acts, and lots of diversity, but I'm kinda surprised that they can't allot another half hour to the last 2 or 3 acts each day. Prior schedules indicate that the headliners usually get 1 hour and 15 minutes. However, we all know that festival headliners usually are off the stage 10 to 15 minutes early, so that the crowds disperse. 

Lineup for Saturday seems stacked compared to Sunday: JT, Avetts, Gary Clark Jr, Walk the Moon, Trombone Shorty, Better Than Ezra, Shovels & Rope, Jerry Douglas Band. Nothing wrong with EV, Ryan Adams, Mavis Staples, Langhorne Slim and others, but it seems like overall less firepower on Sunday, especially when you consider overlapping sets.

Lastly, why is everything such a damn secret with Pilgrimage? I realize that it's strategy to sell both days, but WOW... Daily lineups were kept under wraps for a while. Schedules aren't released til later. I emailed Pilgrimage last week to ask if single day GA tickets would be sold; they didn't know. I asked if single day VIP tickets would be sold; they didn't know. Any possibility that more VIP weekend passes would be released; they didn't know. It's like you have to identify patterns, and collect clues, while chasing a shadowy figure through hidden passageways.... to get info on a "chill" music festival.
    Post edited by 3days on
    3days said:
    I'm sure it's a great festival, and the venue looks beautiful, but I've got a few gripes about Pilgrimage.

1 hour setlist for headliners? I know, I know, it's a festival... with lots of great acts, and lots of diversity, but I'm kinda surprised that they can't allot another half hour to the last 2 or 3 acts each day. Prior schedules indicate that the headliners usually get 1 hour and 15 minutes. However, we all know that festival headliners usually are off the stage 10 to 15 minutes early, so that the crowds disperse. 

Lineup for Saturday seems stacked compared to Sunday: JT, Avetts, Gary Clark Jr, Walk the Moon, Trombone Shorty, Better Than Ezra, Shovels & Rope, Jerry Douglas Band. Nothing wrong with EV, Ryan Adams, Mavis Staples, Langhorne Slim and others, but it seems like overall less firepower on Sunday, especially when you consider overlapping sets.

Lastly, why is everything such a damn secret with Pilgrimage? I realize that it's strategy to sell both days, but WOW... Daily lineups were kept under wraps for a while. Schedules aren't released til later. I emailed Pilgrimage last week to ask if single day GA tickets would be sold; they didn't know. I asked if single day VIP tickets would be sold; they didn't know. Any possibility that more VIP weekend passes would be released; they didn't know. It's like you have to identify patterns, and collect clues, while chasing a shadowy figure through hidden passageways.... to get info on a "chill" music festival.
    Where do you see that headliners only get an hour?
    Google the Pilgrimage schedules from the past 2 years. Willie Nelson 1 hour 15 minutes, Beck 1 hour 15 minutes, Hall & Oates 1 hour 15 minutes... etc.
  • MattchewMattchew Posts: 1,345
    Maybe a new EV zippo at the pilgrimage festival!?
    Just a reminder for all interested parties, single day tickets are now available at:
    http://pilgrimagefestival.com/tickets

• RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    Wow single day price with fees is very high for standing in a field and non US orders are will call only meaning no ability to sell ticket (at cost) if travel plans change.  It's a free market so they can charge what they want and nobody has to buy but I would have thought reasonable ticket access would be more important to EV in selecting a festival to play. 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    It looks like single day passes have sold out for Saturday. I don't know how that will translate to Sunday, but just wanted to give a heads up. 
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I am selling my Pilgrimage Festival 2 day passes at cost.  I decided to go to the Bourbon and Beyond Festival in Louisville instead.  I have two passes and bought them when they were $175 each, but with all the fees added on the total was $412.58.   I asked for hard copy tickets and don't have them yet.  Let me know if interested.  
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • PJDowPJDow Posts: 43
    I am still thinking of travelling to Louisville and Franklin for both shows for fun but will it be worth it?  especially as a canadian......this this tough....
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    PJDow said:
    I am still thinking of travelling to Louisville and Franklin for both shows for fun but will it be worth it?  especially as a canadian......this this tough....
    Still plenty of time to decide. You should wait and see if more dates get added before you decide maybe?
    @PJNB that's what I was thinking but I had some flight deals in mind...
    @PJNB ps I will be in NB by  the end of the month for Canada Day until July 4th.  Let me know if there is anything checking out!
    PJDow said:
    @PJNB ps I will be in NB by  the end of the month for Canada Day until July 4th.  Let me know if there is anything checking out!
    I will look into it and PM ya. Moncton?

With all the Europe merch coming out and being awesome, are we anticipating a merch tent or two here?  Surely the lines will not be crazy at a festival, right?  RIGHT?!?!?!
  • Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    With all the Europe merch coming out and being awesome, are we anticipating a merch tent or two here?  Surely the lines will not be crazy at a festival, right?  RIGHT?!?!?!
    My thoughts too. I'm sure there'll be a lot of us crazies there but it shouldn't be nearly as bad as a PJ/EV standalone show. 
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
    edited June 2017
    @PJNB - Stupid question. How to I respond specifically to ur msg last msg? lol.  And im in Tech sales....

but not Im flying into Moncton most like Freddy probably on the 26-28th....maybe Moncton if I can get a meeting there but not very many reasons to go.  Plus I bought a small bought in Fredericton and picking it up on the 28th.  Just let me know if it u know of small good pub or two to check out!  
    PJDow said:
    @PJNB - Stupid question. How to I respond specifically to ur msg last msg? lol.  And im in Tech sales....

but not Im flying into Moncton most like Freddy probably on the 26-28th....maybe Moncton if I can get a meeting there but not very many reasons to go.  Plus I bought a small bought in Fredericton and picking it up on the 28th.  Just let me know if it u know of small good pub or two to check out!  
    Hey! On the top left of your screen you should see your name with a small globe below it and an envelope beside that. Our previous conversation should be in there (your inbox). I just sent you another message and it should pop up with a red 1 above it. 
    FYI: I contacted Pilgrimage to inquire about a few things, and today they confirmed that Justin Timberlake and Eddie Vedder will both "perform a 1 hour and 15 minute setlist".  

Also, there is some conflicting information on the Pilgrimage site. Karen Elson is currently scheduled to perform Sunday (despite being listed under Saturday on the website). Pilgrimage confirmed that she is part of Sunday's lineup. I've heard that there could be a few more performer switches coming 
  • LastZionLastZion Posts: 26
    I'm looking to get some VIP tickets if anyone has any that they are not going to use. Please PM
    Anyone bringing their kids to the Pilgrimage?  I am seriously contemplating having my mom drop the kids off for Ed on Sunday only.  12 years old boy and 8 year old girl who loves Lukin, lol.  Franklin splits where they will be staying with where we live.  Curious if anybody else who lives in the area will be bringing their kids?
  • NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Anyone have a parking pass for sale?  Only need Sunday but maybe they are all weekend parking pass?  Let me know.  Thanks
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • any chance of meet n greet for a new subscriber who does not know how to use the perks with her membership and going to the sunday 9/24 show?