Post Edited and Closed Because I asked a Question About Unauthorized Vinyl?

itssaditssad Posts: 27
Wasn't like I was promoting anything, had a general question since I'm a new collector.  Yet the post gets closed by Cat and the link to an example removed, with another link to the forum guidelines (which I don't feel I violated).  I really don't get it. 

I buy official merch to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars over the years and one stupid question gets me scolded.  So dumb.  
Tagged:

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Yeah, its not a topic that is to be discussed on the boards. Doesn't matter where you lie on the issue. Just mentioning it will get it closed. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    They're watching you.....
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674

"I really don't think we're supposed to be talking about this."
  • a470229a470229 Posts: 13

i knew that unoffical boots were frowned upon from past searches, which made this retweet werid to me. since you know they released this as an offical boot a few years back. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    This is a standard reaction from the mods when it comes to illegally bootlegged PJ vinyl, especially if you posted a link to some of it, so don't take it personally. It doesn't matter what your attitude is about it. A link to the fake merch is an advertisement in and of itself. So is a conversation about it, really. It draws attention to the availability of the items.

Also, IBTL. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    itssad said:
    Wasn't like I was promoting anything, had a general question since I'm a new collector.  Yet the post gets closed by Cat and the link to an example removed, with another link to the forum guidelines (which I don't feel I violated).  I really don't get it. 

I buy official merch to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars over the years and one stupid question gets me scolded.  So dumb.  
    You posted a link to ebay.
    You were asking about the quality of illegal bootlegs and advice so you could complete your collection.

If you have any further questions please feel free to send a private message.

Thank you

This discussion has been closed.