Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    I'm curious how the Trump supporters feel about his anti-transgender stance.

Im genuinely interested. Please explain.
    About the same as most Democrats felt about Clinton's Don't Ask Don't Tell policy, his Defence of Marriage Act, or Obama's same policy on transgendered in the military until he altered it just one year ago.
    none if this is relevant to the conversation. these things happened in the 1990s. you can evolve and change your views on issues. those that don't evolve with the emergence of new facts and new information are actually the stupid ones.

when all else fails, bring up hillary or bill clinton.
    Right and transgendered in the military is only a one year old policy that most people didn't even have on their radar screen. The AMT was not offended by the seven years they were banned under Obama so I am not buying the outrage that it's offended today. This is just another one of the phony Trump is Hitler for returning to the original Obama policy. My answer above is a real answer on the issue. Everybody else's stance is emotional "my team is better" vomit.
    Yea sure. How do you reconcile all the BS Trump campaigned on, evidence to the contrary and the pentagon being caught off guard? Fitting screen name or more brilliance?
    I'm not sure what you mean? I could be wrong but I don't believe he took a stance on transgendered in the military specifically. I am also not sure that the pentagon was caught off guard...maybe on the timing of the announcement but not necessarily the policy. 
    He basically just fired every transgendered service member via tweet and you're unsure on whether Trump took a stance on the issue? Where do you get your news from? Do you need PJFan to post the Tweet? The military asked for a six month extension of the review period. They didn't ask for a ban. Caught of guard. McMaster supported the policy and the Rand Corporation study determined that the costs were negligible. Trump's blowing more shit out his ass and you seem confused as to Trump's policy?

A stand "during the campaign". Do you even read your own posts? How can I respond to you when you don't even know what you are writing? You should institute a 6 month review period for everything you write...then you just might be able to follow along. Brilliance. Zero entertainment.
    It's one thing to have been fooled into voting for Trump. It's another thing altogether to still be supporting this epic disaster 6 months in. 
    I completely agree.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519

BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mfc2006 said:

About the same as most Democrats felt about Clinton's Don't Ask Don't Tell policy, his Defence of Marriage Act, or Obama's same policy on transgendered in the military until he altered it just one year ago.
    none if this is relevant to the conversation. these things happened in the 1990s. you can evolve and change your views on issues. those that don't evolve with the emergence of new facts and new information are actually the stupid ones.

Right and transgendered in the military is only a one year old policy that most people didn't even have on their radar screen. The AMT was not offended by the seven years they were banned under Obama so I am not buying the outrage that it's offended today. This is just another one of the phony Trump is Hitler for returning to the original Obama policy. My answer above is a real answer on the issue. Everybody else's stance is emotional "my team is better" vomit.
    Yea sure. How do you reconcile all the BS Trump campaigned on, evidence to the contrary and the pentagon being caught off guard? Fitting screen name or more brilliance?
    I'm not sure what you mean? I could be wrong but I don't believe he took a stance on transgendered in the military specifically. I am also not sure that the pentagon was caught off guard...maybe on the timing of the announcement but not necessarily the policy. 
    He basically just fired every transgendered service member via tweet and you're unsure on whether Trump took a stance on the issue? Where do you get your news from? Do you need PJFan to post the Tweet? The military asked for a six month extension of the review period. They didn't ask for a ban. Caught of guard. McMaster supported the policy and the Rand Corporation study determined that the costs were negligible. Trump's blowing more shit out his ass and you seem confused as to Trump's policy?

A stand "during the campaign". Do you even read your own posts? How can I respond to you when you don't even know what you are writing? You should institute a 6 month review period for everything you write...then you just might be able to follow along. Brilliance. Zero entertainment.
    It's one thing to have been fooled into voting for Trump. It's another thing altogether to still be supporting this epic disaster 6 months in. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mfc2006 said:

What if you weren't fooled but chose to support him because the alternative was and still could be worse? Nothing has been offered as an acceptable alternative in the last 6 months. What if an acceptable alternative never comes? You just called his voter a fool and now you want that voter to join you? Why would that voter do that when you have just insulted and demonstrated your lack of understanding of his/her vote? Who is the fool?

• Options
    mfc2006 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mfc2006 said:

I completely agree.
    And have also completely demonstrated your lack of understanding for his voter.
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mfc2006 said:

But it is all of you who are likely to be fooled the second time. 

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,605
    BS44325 said:
    Smellyman said:

BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mfc2006 said:

But it is all of you who are likely to be fooled the second time. 

You still think this administration is brilliant, don't you? Still clinging to your hope that its all going to turn out okay? How's Bibi feeling about the competence of this administration? But I guess as long as Radiohead plays Israel, all is right with the world, right?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    BS44325 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mfc2006 said:

I completely agree.
    Hahaha says the guy who's probably never met one!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    BS44325 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mfc2006 said:

I completely agree.
    And have also completely demonstrated my lack of understanding as his voter.
    Totally agree. Thanks.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited July 2017
    BS cracks me up... 

Except he's totally cool with blatant discrimination

Anybody that supports this is an asshole. Full stop. Clinton helped shift the tide once the country was ready for it. Obama did the same. It should have happened sooner, no question, but we know it wasn't going to come under any of the homophobe republican administrations in our recent history, right? The fact is the shifts towards justice on this issue have come under Democratic administrations.

Guess what, George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were piece of shit slave owners. Guess what, they also aren't the fucking president right now. So no matter what happened in the past, there is only one person in charge at a time

Find a better issue to support Trump on, you're looking like a dick on this one brother.
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    tbergs said:
    BS44325 said:
    I don't think Trump will be able to get away with what he did in 2016 in 2020. And when you're President of the United States- you're an establishment politician. He can't run on that again. So not only is he going to run as an established politician, but a BAD one. There's not a whole lot to run on at the moment. Certainly nothing has been accomplished that I would advise one of my candidates to hitch their wagon to. There's still plenty of time, but that's why he can't lose the support of the senators. He needs them and I bet if a guy like Ben Sasse runs in the primary...he will get the support of many GOP senators over Trump. 
    And if you don't think money matters, you're crazy. Please don't tell me you still think he was self funded last year. 
    He will run on that again and you're setting him up to do it. Ben Sasse hammered him forever and it didn't matter...it still doesn't. Ted Cruz told conservatives to vote their conscience and it didn't make one lick of difference. All Trump needs is twitter and fuel for his airplane to run a campaign. Victory is by no means guaranteed but he will chart the same path.
    I think this is exactly the angle he will play during re-election. All he's shown so far is that the politicians and career republicans he put in positions of influence and control aren't making any in roads with his agenda. He maintains his plausible deniability and can separate himself from almost all his policy and legislative failings. A reasonable person would see that he is the problem, but those die hard base supporters will believe that he is still an outsider not being allowed to MAGA. If he holds that 36% of the country it will be tough for any other republican candidate to oust him and the democrats will need someone who inspires voters.

Then all those republicans will have to come crawling back to kiss his ass, which is why none of them will take a stand. They all fear that going against him will draw the ire of that 36% and cost them their seat. I don't doubt that almost all of them are rooting for Mueller to take his ass out, which is another reason to wait quietly.

I flip on the local "conservative" (lol) radio station from time to time.  That is exactly the angle they are playing now.  The Republicans are spineless and are too establishment-y, and need to go and get out of Trump's way.  
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mfc2006 said:

Word is the Pentagon did not know.  The Armed Services committee absolutely did not know.  Plus there was no planning or thought.  What do you do with existing soldiers?  Is it immediate discharge?  What if they are in a forward area right this moment?  What about pensions, medical treatment that has already started, etc.  There are a ton of questions that affect real, live, living people.  But Trump treats it as a flippant policy that he tweets.  It's so embarrassing.  
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    BS cracks me up... 

Except he's totally cool with blatant discrimination

Anybody that supports this is an asshole. Full stop. Clinton helped shift the tide once the country was ready for it. Obama did the same. It should have happened sooner, no question, but we know it wasn't going to come under any of the homophobe republican administrations in our recent history, right? The fact is the shifts towards justice on this issue have come under Democratic administrations.

Guess what, George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were piece of shit slave owners. Guess what, they also aren't the fucking president right now. So no matter what happened in the past, there is only one person in charge at a time

Find a better issue to support Trump on, you're looking like a dick on this one brother.
    Waiting things out and not being in a hurry to grant equal rights is one thing.  Taking them away is a much different and deliberate act.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mfc2006 said:

Word is the Pentagon did not know.  The Armed Services committee absolutely did not know.  Plus there was no planning or thought.  What do you do with existing soldiers?  Is it immediate discharge?  What if they are in a forward area right this moment?  What about pensions, medical treatment that has already started, etc.  There are a ton of questions that affect real, live, living people.  But Trump treats it as a flippant policy that he tweets.  It's so embarrassing.  
    Yep. Always and forever the President of Tweeting useless shit
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    tbergs said:
    BS44325 said:
    I don't think Trump will be able to get away with what he did in 2016 in 2020. And when you're President of the United States- you're an establishment politician. He can't run on that again. So not only is he going to run as an established politician, but a BAD one. There's not a whole lot to run on at the moment. Certainly nothing has been accomplished that I would advise one of my candidates to hitch their wagon to. There's still plenty of time, but that's why he can't lose the support of the senators. He needs them and I bet if a guy like Ben Sasse runs in the primary...he will get the support of many GOP senators over Trump. 
    And if you don't think money matters, you're crazy. Please don't tell me you still think he was self funded last year. 
    He will run on that again and you're setting him up to do it. Ben Sasse hammered him forever and it didn't matter...it still doesn't. Ted Cruz told conservatives to vote their conscience and it didn't make one lick of difference. All Trump needs is twitter and fuel for his airplane to run a campaign. Victory is by no means guaranteed but he will chart the same path.
    I think this is exactly the angle he will play during re-election. All he's shown so far is that the politicians and career republicans he put in positions of influence and control aren't making any in roads with his agenda. He maintains his plausible deniability and can separate himself from almost all his policy and legislative failings. A reasonable person would see that he is the problem, but those die hard base supporters will believe that he is still an outsider not being allowed to MAGA. If he holds that 36% of the country it will be tough for any other republican candidate to oust him and the democrats will need someone who inspires voters.

Then all those republicans will have to come crawling back to kiss his ass, which is why none of them will take a stand. They all fear that going against him will draw the ire of that 36% and cost them their seat. I don't doubt that almost all of them are rooting for Mueller to take his ass out, which is another reason to wait quietly.

I flip on the local "conservative" (lol) radio station from time to time.  That is exactly the angle they are playing now.  The Republicans are spineless and are too establishment-y, and need to go and get out of Trump's way.  
    Donald Trump, the true racist, misogynistic, discriminating conservative they can really get behind.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    BS44325 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mfc2006 said:

I completely agree.
    And have also completely demonstrated my lack of understanding as his voter.
    Totally agree. Thanks.

Okay, I'm cool with debating anything and everything but not with altering a quote to make it look like someone said what they didn't unless you make the alternation obvious. I agree with your sentiment, Juggler, but this isn't the way to do it.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    BS44325 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mfc2006 said:

I completely agree.
    I have a better understanding than you will ever realize, but thanks for commenting.
    Post edited by mfc2006 on
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mfc2006 said:

I could be wrong but I don't believe he took a stance on transgendered in the military specifically. 

That's your quote. You didn't specify during the campaign. Perhaps you need to be a little clearer in your posts?

Which was a response to "How do you reconcile all the BS Trump campaigned on". Seriously. What is wrong with you people? Clearly you are not oftenreading.

Ha! Couldn't come up with any other way out of that mistake, could you?

Your post was ambiguous; easily taken to mean what it in fact said, and not some narrower version you wish it said.
    A way out? The infancy of the AMT on full display tonight. You didn't read Halifax statement of the supposed BS Trump campaigned on so didn't know I was responding to that. It is either lack of reading or poor reading comprehension. My post was not ambiguous if you were paying attention.                                             

Infancy? Oooooh, that's me told, I guess :weary: . At least I get to feel young for a day.

Oh, is that the time? Gotta get to daycare now!
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ^^this quoting system is so jacked up.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Turns out that Trumpito is sort of a POS.
    That #PTAPE couldn't come out soon enough.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    I love my boy BS... but defending this is a bit much
  • Options
    Add the Joint Chiefs to the list of officials that were unaware of the change of policy on transgender.  So now, it's Joint Chiefs, Armed Services, Pentagon and the Secretary.  When Trump said he "consulted his generals and military experts"...who the fuck is he talking about?
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/27/politics/trump-military-transgender-ban-joint-chiefs/index.html
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    mrussel1 said:
    Add the Joint Chiefs to the list of officials that were unaware of the change of policy on transgender.  So now, it's Joint Chiefs, Armed Services, Pentagon and the Secretary.  When Trump said he "consulted his generals and military experts"...who the fuck is he talking about?
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/27/politics/trump-military-transgender-ban-joint-chiefs/index.html
    well don't know about the generals but as for his military experts i am guessing himself cause as you remember "him alone can solve the problems" and he knows everything like all the great words
  • Options
    I know more than the generals, believe me
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    This one reeks of Steve Bannon's 'checklist'
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    This one reeks of Steve Bannon's 'checklist'
    Completely agree.  You don't even hear about conservatives pushing for this one..  
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mfc2006 said:

What if you weren't fooled but chose to support him because the alternative was and still could be worse? Nothing has been offered as an acceptable alternative in the last 6 months. What if an acceptable alternative never comes? You just called his voter a fool and now you want that voter to join you? Why would that voter do that when you have just insulted and demonstrated your lack of understanding of his/her vote? Who is the fool?

What's with the notion that the left needs to somehow convince the current trump supporter to join them? Anyone who would vote for trump again is a lost cause. Dems need to focus on increasing trumout and getting some trump voters with regrets. For the group that told us they don't care about our feelings, why should we now care about theirs? 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS?

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,537
    edited July 2017
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mfc2006 said:

What's with the notion that the left needs to somehow convince the current trump supporter to join them? Anyone who would vote for trump again is a lost cause. Dems need to focus on increasing trumout and getting some trump voters with regrets. For the group that told us they don't care about our feelings, why should we now care about theirs? 
    Not to the mention the fact that an average 12 year old would be an acceptable alternative to Trump. I think it's ridiculous to suggest that Trump is a viable option in any case. Anyone who thinks Trump is better than Clinton has something pretty weird going on inside their head.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
This discussion has been closed.