Options

Most Ridiculous Thing Seen on a Job Application

northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,734
Didn't happen to me but a friend of the SO, but so out there it had to be told to the masses. The first question on the application was 'What colour is your aura?'  :open_mouth::rofl:
How high or how much of a hipster do you have to be to figure that is a relevant question?
Anything you lose from being honest
You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.

Comments

• Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    It's "color", not colour. How high are you?
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    It's colour, how dumb are you?

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I'd have answered that with "yes".

Let those fuckers figure out a stupid answer to a stupid question themselves.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    hedonist said:
    I'd have answered that with "yes".

Let those fuckers figure out a stupid answer to a stupid question themselves.

I would have answered "as black as Satan's cloak and as shriveled as your intellect".

That'd take care of that pesky job, I bet.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Not on the application but a peer told me recently that they had an idiot bring his mother in with him for his interview.

She said that after she was able to push the laughter down deep enough to maintain a level of professionalism that she ended the interview.

I would rather discuss my aura than have my mommy come to an interview with me. 
    (I would offer up something awesome and nonsensical like a piece of In The Beginning from S.A.T.D.:  "In the dusts of hell lurked the blackest of hates, For he whom you fear awaits you")

WTF is this world coming to?

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Fart.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    what was the position sought?
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Missionary.
  • Options
    rollings said:
    what was the position sought?
    Bartender

• Options
    Hobbes said:
    Missionary.
    :rofl:

You always deliver Hobbeses.

• Options
    well see if one is applying to be a missionary, it makes total sense to inquire about his or her aura. I don't understand what you are all going on about.

:skull:

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited July 2017
    Years ago I had a young guy apply for a cashier position at the restaurant I worked for. He actually wrote on his application that he was fired from his last job because his manager caught him pissing on the dumpster out back.
  • Options
    yellow aura
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    rollings said:
    yellow aura
    Well done, missy.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    At one of my previous jobs a former employee put in an application to be re-hired, after the job she left for went out of business.  On the section where you listed previous employment, obviously she listed the current place for which she was re-applying.  Under "reason for leaving" she wrote "poor working conditions."

They still hired her back.
  • Options
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Some pretty terrible spelling issues on a resume from some 20 something year old kid. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    WildFlyWildFly Posts: 210
    Blood type?  Red dumb ass!!!
  • Options
    WildFly said:
    What, were they vampires?

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    WildFly said:
    You're being screened for a position as an involuntary organ donor. Don't take it. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    :lol:
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157

i myself haven't written anything goofy or been asked anything goofy on a job application, i just sometimes didn't turn them in completed. i've a terrible memory with dates, names & phone numbers. this one trucking company i was hired at handed me the keys & i was set. the only problem was i didn't turn in a decently completed application. then i'd lose/misplace the paperwork, yet i'm still driving around a set of doubles (two flat bed trailer) for them. it took months & several new applications to iron that crap out. at one point (& i am not joking, it just fell out of my mouth that way, plus i disliked the meticulous bastard all over me about stupid ass bullshit paperwork) i told one of the owners of the company that i used the application to start a fire in the fireplace. he looked at me like, wtf!?

i rarely open my mail, paperwork takes years to complete, making appointments is a disaster, life is good & thank goodness i've a professional & lovable secretary      

for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

i myself haven't written anything goofy or been asked anything goofy on a job application, i just sometimes didn't turn them in completed. i've a terrible memory with dates, names & phone numbers. this one trucking company i was hired at handed me the keys & i was set. the only problem was i didn't turn in a decently completed application. then i'd lose/misplace the paperwork, yet i'm still driving around a set of doubles (two flat bed trailer) for them. it took months & several new applications to iron that crap out. at one point (& i am not joking, it just fell out of my mouth that way, plus i disliked the meticulous bastard all over me about stupid ass bullshit paperwork) i told one of the owners of the company that i used the application to start a fire in the fireplace. he looked at me like, wtf!?

i rarely open my mail, paperwork takes years to complete, making appointments is a disaster, life is good & thank goodness i've a professional & lovable secretary      

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited August 2017
    Didn't happen to me but a friend of the SO, but so out there it had to be told to the masses. The first question on the application was 'What colour is your aura?'  :open_mouth::rofl:
    How high or how much of a hipster do you have to be to figure that is a relevant question?
    I saw questions like this all the time when I worked in the hospitality industry. Nobody thinks the person's aura is relevant. They ask that shit to find out how funny/creative/interesting/unique the person is, so that they are more likely to please the customers with their wit, lol. It's like a psychological question. The people with boring or really typical answers never got hired for the job front of house.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2017
    ^^^
    Honestly if I saw that question on an application I would answer "The colour of Pearl Jam"

• Options
    ^^^
    Honestly if I saw that question on an application I would answer "The colour of Pearl Jam"

You would, eh?

Follow-up question: What color is "eroding?"
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    PJ_Soul said:
    I've saw questions like this all the time when I worked in the hospitality industry. Nobody thinks the person's aura is relevant. They ask that shit to find out how funny/creative/interesting/unique the person is, so that they are more likely to please the customers with their wit, lol. It's like a psychological question. The people with boring or really typical answers never got hired for the job front of house.
    If I saw that question on an application, I wouldn't even waste my time completing it.  Let alone worry about putting what the employer thinks would be a creative answer.  If this silliness is part of an employer's vetting process, it's not a place I'd want to work.
  • Options
    dankind said:
    ^^^

You would, eh?

It's hard to tell the colors turn grey, the black and white fades
  • Options
    dankind said:
    ^^^

You would, eh?

It's hard to tell the colors turn grey, the black and white fades

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited July 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    I've saw questions like this all the time when I worked in the hospitality industry. Nobody thinks the person's aura is relevant. They ask that shit to find out how funny/creative/interesting/unique the person is, so that they are more likely to please the customers with their wit, lol. It's like a psychological question. The people with boring or really typical answers never got hired for the job front of house.
    If I saw that question on an application, I wouldn't even waste my time completing it.  Let alone worry about putting what the employer thinks would be a creative answer.  If this silliness is part of an employer's vetting process, it's not a place I'd want to work.
    Ditto! But that's easy for me to say now. When I was completing job applications like this I was desperate for a job so that I could pay my way through university. There is no way I was going to give up an opportunity for a job that brought in tips because I had an attitude about their stupid attempt at finding out how witty I was, lol. I played along when I came across these questions because I had chosen to work in the hospitality industry at that time. And honestly, those places are looking for people willing to play along, not for people who are inclined to tell them to go fuck themselves because of a silly question on their application. :lol:;) That said, it's a dumbfuck tactic that I think results in people misrepresenting themselves. I never understood why some employers basically force their applicants to lie.... it's like they're specifically trying to hire good liars. :disappointed:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata