Options

Poll--The Weakest Link: Rearviewmirror (Sides 7 & 8), Round 2

MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
edited July 2017 in The Porch
Here we will continue evaluating each LP from the Greatest Hits release Rearviewmirror.
We will now move on to the final LP 4 (Sides 7 and 8)
We will get a winner from each LP and those 4 will compete to find the winner.
Wishlist and Last Kiss eliminated in Round 1.

Winner for LP 1 = Alive
Winner for LP 2 = Rearviewmirror
Winner for LP 3 = Black

For anyone new to the game:
You are going to pick the song that you think is the "Weakest Link" after 2 days I remove the two (2) songs with the most votes.
We will then move on to Round 2. - Remember you are voting to eliminate songs from contention.

Have FUN!

Poll will close on Saturday, 7/29 at 3:00pm cst

Poll--The Weakest Link: Rearviewmirror (Sides 7 & 8), Round 2 90 votes

Off He Goes
6%
spnooneSpiritual_ChaosPA Jammerdot30Sandy66mschostok 6 votes
Given To Fly
1%
darwinstheory 1 vote
Nothing As It Seems
11%
CantKeepmedownmcgruff10releaseNYCP218430rylanRiotZacttino_11ReleaseMeKB656988Stickman24 10 votes
Light Years
20%
AndySlashgoldrushPurduePete55No CoderpjrussAbe FromanLeyna MinaiMRMACPHISTO75tbbucs2480YardenBanjojmf5631aurelgugusapkirklandwhoanelly15oftenreadingdrakeheuer14lcitriniti 18 votes
I Am Mine
14%
NewJPageevenflow82bootlegger10mfc2006dannySmellymanRS151862Gern BlanstenBLACK35pearljam1809rgambsjoe159SandyRavage 13 votes
Man Of The Hour
33%
jeffbrmy_waveHebejebeForce Of NaturecutzBrainofBGAJimmyVjoberschlakeRP112579giventofly69aicbonesIM160456KP278376erocshiftybrianluxF Me In The BrainALauxrummyshetellsherselfMicheyb21 30 votes
Yellow Ledbetter
13%
NamidimitrispearljamHesCalledDyeraidt17MedozKscott nowlandderbydavePJForceofNaturePJ_SoulnortherndragonwhypitythedeadSpurs14 12 votes

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited July 2017
    Yellow Ledbetter
    Another easy one for me. I like Mike's role in YLB quite a bit, but I am not much of a fan of the nonsensical/unidentifiable/ever-changing lyrics. I wish this had gone before Wishlist. I wish. :glasses:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    Off He Goes
    PJ_Soul said:
    Another easy one for me. I like Mike's role in YLB quite a bit, but I am not much of a fan of the nonsensical/unidentifiable/ever-changing lyrics. I wish this had gone before Wishlist. I wish. :glasses:
    Not ever-changing on the studio version :) Unidentifiable though.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Man Of The Hour
    Getting tougher. It was between this and NAIS for me. 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited July 2017
    Yellow Ledbetter
    PJ_Soul said:
    Haha, true; I guess I still think of the studio version as ever-changing because I have no clue wtf he's singing about besides a porch and a letter, so it may as well be different lyrics each time I hear it. :lol:
    I've read that it's something about someone who went off to war or something? I dunno.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Man Of The Hour
    Again ....
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    Man Of The Hour
    Easy one here. Man Of The Hour still doesn't belong.

I don't know every word Eddie sings during Yellow Ledbetter but I don't need to, either. The song is beautiful.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Nothing As It Seems
    Nais. Slow and boring.  Man of the hour would have had my vote but it was played at my best friends dad s funeral.   
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    Man Of The Hour
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Haha, true; I guess I still think of the studio version as ever-changing because I have no clue wtf he's singing about besides a porch and a letter, so it may as well be different lyrics each time I hear it. :lol:
    I've read that it's something about someone who went off to war or something? I dunno.
    When that songbook finally comes out the mystery lyrics may finally be solved.
  • Options
    Yellow Ledbetter
    hihobibo said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    When that songbook finally comes out the mystery lyrics may finally be solved.
    Ha, I bet it says "Lyrics Improvised"... just like the guitar solos.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    Man Of The Hour
    I really like MotH but the other six songs just seem to be more "important" to me with regard to the PJ legacy.
  • Options
    Man Of The Hour
    mcgruff10 said:
    Nais. Slow and boring.  Man of the hour would have had my vote but it was played at my best friends dad s funeral.   
    A really good reason to NOT vote for it. Again, it's a great song.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    Man Of The Hour
    The next vote will be tough. To me GTF is the clear step above the rest but I'll have a hard time determining how to vote the others out. Love them all!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,763
    Given To Fly
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Totally agree. 5 of my top 10 PJ songs in this pool. Shit is about to get real...real fast.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Yellow Ledbetter
    Man of the Hour? Really, people??!!
  • Options
    Man Of The Hour
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Totally agree. 5 of my top 10 PJ songs in this pool. Shit is about to get real...real fast.
    Initially, I thought that LP4 was the weakest of the bunch. However, after Last Kiss and Wishlist were removed it looks like a very solid group if seven songs.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    Yellow Ledbetter
    This, so hard!
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    Man Of The Hour
    No problemo, this round.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    Light Years
    I would have not guessed that Man of the hour would get chosen as the weakest link at this stage...
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    Off He Goes
    mcgruff10 said:
    Nais. Slow and boring.  
    NAIS is majestic and haunting. A beautiful song.

:)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Yellow Ledbetter
    mcgruff10 said:
    u need to see a doctor asap..i hope isnt something serious
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Yellow Ledbetter
    This, so hard!
    We seem to be the only ones with taste around here.  Everyone else is so basic. :lol:
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Yellow Ledbetter
    This, so hard!

I don't get that either...

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    Light Years
    No clear weak link here to me. I figured Binaural didn't need two on the list though, even though I love it. Ask me tomorrow and I'll pick a different one. 

Man of the the hour is getting criminally under appreciated here though. I get that it's not a banger, but for what it is, it's utterly perfect. 
  • Options
    Man Of The Hour
    No clear weak link here to me. I figured Binaural didn't need two on the list though, even though I love it. Ask me tomorrow and I'll pick a different one. 

Man of the the hour is getting criminally under appreciated here though. I get that it's not a banger, but for what it is, it's utterly perfect. 
    It's a beautiful song. I know, I voted for it and somewhat regret it. However, the other six are "essential" PJ to me.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    Man Of The Hour
    Ya think Given to Fly might have a chance? :wink:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Yellow Ledbetter
    Man of the Hour and Light Years have been eliminated.
  • Options
    Given To Fly
    I feel like my vote didn't count.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Nothing As It Seems
    of course your vote didn't count, you voted for given to fly.
  • Options
    Given To Fly
    This is true. I think I'm going to blame this one on Russian hacking. And please quit to eliminate nais. That is very uncool.
  • Options
    Nothing As It Seems
    This is true. I think I'm going to blame this one on Russian hacking. And please quit to eliminate nais. That is very uncool.
    Are you saying nais is the best song?
    to each their own of course but outside of mccready shredding this song reminds me of watching paint dry. 
This discussion has been closed.