Vodka, How Do I Love Thee

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I loved his reaction to getting Employee of the Month.  (Especially how he uses the branch to smooth it out and hide his tracks.)

https://youtu.be/KT7oUhb3Lc0

Capitalism:  God's way of determining who is smart, and who is poor.

Phenomenal.  I could watch Parks & Rec clips all day.  Legitimately obsessed. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    It is literally the greatest show in the history of television.

(It isnt but I felt like channeling my inner Chris Traeger right there.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I am down to only 7 episodes left in Season 6.  13 episodes in the final season 7 await....will be bummed when I am done.  It is a perfect way to spend 20 minutes almost at any time.  105 episodes in June/July means I am obsessed as well.  Lots of late night "one more episode" moments that amounted to 3 more episodes.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Never have a lot of them though if you are subject to hangovers.  We topped off a day of drinking all day watching football...probably 15-20 glasses each with after dinner and fir the rest of the night Vodka Red Bulls.  Probably had 10-15 of those.  
    Not supposed to drink with that much sugar.  Hangover bomb.
    That is why I go with the sugar-free red bull. I agree, sugar and booze do not mix. I hate sugary drinks in all cases, and booze just makes them that much worse. I haven't drank a sugary soda or slushy or anything else with sugar in it for probably 20 years. I just don't like them. I have no problems with aspartame though, lol. I love diet soda, etc.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I am down to only 7 episodes left in Season 6.  13 episodes in the final season 7 await....will be bummed when I am done.  It is a perfect way to spend 20 minutes almost at any time.  105 episodes in June/July means I am obsessed as well.  Lots of late night "one more episode" moments that amounted to 3 more episodes.
    It's the best.  I hear you.  They used to do marathons on Esquire and I would watch it all night.  I love every character in it.
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    chadwick said:

can't believe i just went pretty much through the entirety this thread... not all of it but nearly. not one swingin john roger put up "lemon drops" or "vikingfjord vodka"    

lemon drops: get your vodka, get your lemons & get your powdered sugar. cut up your lemons. i myself enjoy a larger lemon wedge so my lemon wedges are bulky like me. roll your lemon wedge in powdered sugar & get ready. drink your vodka shooter, eat your powdered sugary citrus wedge. quit fucking around & do so often       

I love lemon drops. They're my regular go-to cocktail lately. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    chadwick said:

can't believe i just went pretty much through the entirety this thread... not all of it but nearly. not one swingin john roger put up "lemon drops" or "vikingfjord vodka"    

lemon drops: get your vodka, get your lemons & get your powdered sugar. cut up your lemons. i myself enjoy a larger lemon wedge so my lemon wedges are bulky like me. roll your lemon wedge in powdered sugar & get ready. drink your vodka shooter, eat your powdered sugary citrus wedge. quit fucking around & do so often       

And it is on this day that the chadwick we all know and love died.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Please excuse @dankind. He must be on his period today. And yesterday. And probably will be tomorrow. 
    Please excuse @dankind. He must be on his period today. And yesterday. And probably will be tomorrow. 
    My MENsies.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited July 2017
    chadwick said:

Oh, cocktail? Where I am, a lemon drop is a shot of vodka with a sugar rim and a lemon wedge on the side. You shoot the vodka, getting the sugar rim while you're at it, and then you suck on the lemon wedge. Tastes just like a lemon drop. I've never heard of a lemon drop cocktail.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    chadwick said:

Oh, cocktail? Where I am, a lemon drop is a shot of vodka with a sugar rim and a lemon wedge on the side. You shoot the vodka, getting the sugar rim while you're at it, and then you suck on the lemon wedge. Tastes just like a lemon drop. I've never heard of a lemon drop cocktail.
    Oh, I gotta try that! I like that better. Gets right to the point! :smiley:
    PJ_Soul said:
    chadwick said:

Yeah, they're efficient! :lol: The other option is to forget the sugar rim and just dip the lemon wedge in sugar, and suck on that after the shot. Works just as well if you don't mind that moment where you're drinking straight vodka without the sugar.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    chadwick said:

Yeah, they're efficient! :lol: The other option is to forget the sugar rim and just dip the lemon wedge in sugar, and suck on that after the shot. Works just as well if you don't mind that moment where you're drinking straight vodka without the sugar.
    Wouldn't that be the best part of it?
    Vodka is best served with just ice.
    edited July 2017
    Post edited by RogueStoner on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    chadwick said:

For some, I'm sure! Others just can't take straight spirits. For me vodka is only sort of tolerable straight in small amounts, not enjoyable in the least. And straight whiskey or tequila is distinctly awful for me - when I am peer pressured into doing shots of those I actually have to fight to not vomit for a few seconds, lol, while some others actually seem to like it!
    edited July 2017
    dankind said:
    I don't get it. (I now think I should've named myself RedactedStoner). 
    *fixed
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited July 2017
  • rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    F me, you should start a poetry vodka thread
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    chadwick said:

For some, I'm sure! Others just can't take straight spirits. For me vodka is only sort of tolerable straight in small amounts, not enjoyable in the least. And straight whiskey or tequila is distinctly awful for me - when I am peer pressured into doing shots of those I actually have to fight to not vomit for a few seconds, lol, while some others actually seem to like it!
    Has to be cold.  Ice cold.  I cannot drink vodka if it is warm. 
    If cold?
    The liquid of god.  (Apologies the The Flying Spaghetti Monster, to whom I owe all things.  Rum used to be my choice for the Liquid of God but I drank my fill of Rum for this life.)
    Who's on her period now?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I think I shall procure a bottle of F Me's beloved Ketel One, a couple lemons and some powdered sugar for this weekend.  Never had that before.

rollings, this IS that thread =)
    Too much vodka?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    hedonist said:
    I think I shall procure a bottle of F Me's beloved Ketel One, a couple lemons and some powdered sugar for this weekend.  Never had that before.

rollings, this IS that thread =)
    Hi There Rollins!

Yes, that would be this thread.  Typically posted when I am deep into the vodka - you can see I was feeling poetic the other night and that lead to the freestyle poetry attempt.

dankind said:
    Too much vodka?
    When you run over your friend
    :lol:
    dankind said:
    Too much vodka?
    When you run over your friend
    :lol:
    https://youtu.be/XxHLT0qRID8
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    dankind said:
    Huh, I always thought that Ani, F Me and Scruffy were men.

Takes a while on the internet to pin down genders. Now I know that Scruffy is the hot chick who's totally out of that dude's league in her avatar. I'd always assumed otherwise. 

I've met the other two, though, so they're harder to explain. Butchies, I guess?
    How the heck did I get involved in this discussion?! Lol
    and yes, I am the dude in the picture with the hot chick totally out of my league.  Life is good. :)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    edited July 2017
    Fresh lemon juice and ice on winter..don't like it on summer..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..