The Pizza Thread

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Pizza cannot be eaten during a conversation including the word 'gauche.'
    :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Sure, it can. With a fork and knife.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Ocean City....
    Mack and Manco's Haven't had one of their pizza's in awhile.  :smiley:

also Lorenzo's Pizza is pretty nice.  Huge slices and a good price.  They opened up one in near me in West Chester a few years ago.
    Actually going to Ocean City in a few weeks.  Definitely getting some pizza there. :smiley:

didn't know know mack and manco changed their name to manco and manco. also just read the owner got sentenced to 15 months for tax evasion
    http://www.phillyvoice.com/jersey-shore-pizza-chain-owner-sentenced-prison-tax-evasion/

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited July 2017
    I bet anything there is at least one person here who puts ketchup on their pizza. :s

Speaking of which.... who likes pizza dips? I've had a few that are really delicious. This creamy garlic dip that my go-to delivery place has is particularly good.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    So it's a Chicago thing I have gathered.
    Another city that thinks they own a food that was invented in another country lol

Well, I know people in Canada who have never been to Chicago who know ketchup shouldn't go on hotdogs... I don't know where they figured that out. ;)
    For me, well, the question is somewhat moot. I think ketchup is pretty disgusting in any case and I don't put it on anything. It is the worst condiment on the market. I said it was gauche at best to put ketchup on hotdogs more because I think ketchup is gauche, period. :lol:
    What do you dip french fries into?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited July 2017
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    So it's a Chicago thing I have gathered.
    Another city that thinks they own a food that was invented in another country lol

Well, I know people in Canada who have never been to Chicago who know ketchup shouldn't go on hotdogs... I don't know where they figured that out. ;)
    For me, well, the question is somewhat moot. I think ketchup is pretty disgusting in any case and I don't put it on anything. It is the worst condiment on the market. I said it was gauche at best to put ketchup on hotdogs more because I think ketchup is gauche, period. :lol:
    What do you dip french fries into?
    Mayo of course. I'm Canadian. ;) (actually that is more a European thing, but some of us here have adopted it)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Ketchup should only be used on burgers (sometimes) and bad french fries that need to be saved by something...anything.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Ketchup should only be used on burgers (sometimes) and bad french fries that need to be saved by something...anything.
    That is actually what HP Sauce was supposedly invented for - to cover up the flavour of rotten meat, lol, back before the days of refrigeration. HP Sauce is good!

.... Pizza! ;)
    Does anyone here think a good frozen pizza exists? Because I think those Dr. Oetker pizzas are super tasty, and have a nice thin and crispy crust. The McCain's ultra thin crust ones are pretty damn good too. Most frozen pizzas are garbage, but these two are exceptions.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    PJ_Soul said:
    I bet anything there is at least one person here who puts ketchup on their pizza. :s

Speaking of which.... who likes pizza dips? I've had a few that are really delicious. This creamy garlic dip that my go-to delivery place has is particularly good.
    Pizza dip?! What the heck is that?  Why do you need to dip pizza in anything?!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    edited July 2017
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Well it's just like adding a sauce to it, to add an extra flavour. Or actually, ideally, it enhances the flavour already there. It's not meant to cover up any flavours, though some of them do that, which isn't good. It can be really tasty. It can also be nasty. Depends on the dip! It's pretty standard for pizza places to offer pizza dip now up here. I just assumed that was also the case in the US, but I guess not! ... Which is surprising to me.
    edited July 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Well it's just like adding a sauce to it, to add an extra flavour. Or actually, ideally, it enhances the flavour already there. It's not meant to cover up any flavours, though some of them do that, which isn't good. It can be really tasty. It can also be nasty. Depends on the dip! It's pretty standard for pizza places to offer pizza dip now up here. I just assumed that was also the case in the US, but I guess not! ... Which is surprising to me.
    you canadians need to stick to maple syrup and labatt blue.  ;)
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

you canadians need to stick to maple syrup and labatt blue Crown Royal.  ;)
    Fixed :tongue:
    The only "pizza dip" of which I'm aware. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited July 2017
    dankind said:

What is it? Oil with crushed peppers?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    ^^ that shit looks good.
    Red pepper or Hot Sauce is welcome, always.

Yeah, Dave, my wife said it was changed when they had to chance the ownership with the dude going to jail.  Not sure if that is correct...but what she said.

What the F is HP sauce?
    Please tell me it doesn't involve horses.  :rofl:
    edited July 2017
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

you canadians need to stick to maple syrup and labatt blue.  ;)
    Kay I just did a little research and it turns out that you Americans did invent pizza dip. I knew it! Apparently it started in the Northeast. However, Canadians embraced it wholeheartedly, while Americans did not, lol. Although it seems southerners like to dip their pizza in ranch dressing.
    edited July 2017
    ^^ that shit looks good.
    Red pepper or Hot Sauce is welcome, always.

Yeah, Dave, my wife said it was changed when they had to chance the ownership with the dude going to jail.  Not sure if that is correct...but what she said.

What the F is HP sauce?
    Please tell me it doesn't involve horses.  :rofl:
    It's mainly used as a steak sauce, though it's also used for cooking, marinades, etc. It was invented in Britain a long time ago. I thought it's also sold in the USA, but perhaps not. It's popular in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia I think. It's good on a lot of savoury foods. It "has a tomato base, blended with malt vinegar and spirit vinegar, sugars (molasses, glucose-fructose syrup, sugar), dates, cornflour, rye flour, salt, spices and tamarind."'
    We don't put it on pizza, for the record. Or, I'm sure someone does, but it wouldn't be normal.

So that shit is like A1 sauce?
    I think I would throw up in my mouth if I saw someone putting that on a wonderful pizza.

(Glad it is not produced by horses!)

I think I would pee my pants if someone broke this out to pull a slice

Mushrooms are acceptable on my pizza if Giada makes it for me.

I would imagined me some place like domino s or papa johns invented it. 
    So that shit is like A1 sauce?
    I think I would throw up in my mouth if I saw someone putting that on a wonderful pizza.

(Glad it is not produced by horses!)

I think I would pee my pants if someone broke this out to pull a slice

Yeah, I think A1 was actually developed from HP. They don't taste the same, but similar. HP is better though. I agree that would be disgusting on a pizza, unless, I suppose, the pizza was covered in steak, lol.
    Have you never been to a British pub, F Me? HP sauce and Colman's mustard on every table. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Yes and I have ignored anything not called malt vinegar, salt, or pepper.
    Will have to look next time.
    Yes and I have ignored anything not called malt vinegar, salt, or pepper.
    Will have to look next time.
    It's next to your spotted dick. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:

What is it? Oil with crushed peppers?
    Yes, it's olive oil infused with crushed red peppers, and possibly some garlic and oregano. I could not find a Google image of the chili oil they have at Juliana's or Lucali in Brooklyn; this looks closest. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited July 2017
    dankind said:

My wife s family only uses the oil for bread, I ve never seen it on pizza. The dry red pepper flakes and other goodies On the plate are used for the pizza.  I might have to try the oil though, could Be good. 
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:

My wife s family only uses that for bread, I ve never seen it on pizza. I might have to try it. 
    It's good on the crust. 

By the way, sponging the oil off your pizza with a napkin is worse than putting ketchup on a hotdog.

Anyone who does this is an instant soulless asshole, with no chance of redemption. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:

My wife s family only uses that for bread, I ve never seen it on pizza. I might have to try it. 
    It's good on the crust. 

By the way, sponging the oil off your pizza with a napkin is worse than putting ketchup on a hotdog.

Anyone who does this is an instant soulless asshole, with no chance of redemption. 
    100% agree bud!