"Unofficial" Vinyl Releases - Thoughts on Quality

itssaditssad Posts: 27
edited July 2017 in The Porch
Hello - relatively new vinyl collector trying to build my collection.  I have the official reissues of Ten, Vs, Vitalogy, No Code, and Yield, along with an original ('96) No Code vinyl and most of the Xmas singles.  I also have a copies of Riot Act and Backspacer that I got from 10C that I use mainly as a framed pics until I got my player.

So that leaves Binaural, Lost Dogs, Avocado and (the easily found) Lightning Bolt.  

When I look on discogs.com I see lots of "Unofficial" releases for the ones I need to complete my collection, [link removed]  I was curious as to the quality of these releases - are the basically just crappy copies or are some better than others?  I really am dying for Lost Dogs and Avocado on vinyl more than anything and am tempted by the lower prices.

Thoughts on these types of releases?  Thanks!
Post edited by Sea on
Tagged:

Comments

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    They will be sourced from the CD, so there's that.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Horsesh*t - don't support bootleggers 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Well, they definitely have an illegal quality to them.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    We know reissues are happening soon, I'd just chill until 10c announces them and they go up at Amazon or yr local. 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    a poopy crappy music milkshake. Don't support em' 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    Horsesh*t - don't support bootleggers 
    Okay pal.... bootleggers help PJ decide the Vault releases.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
This discussion has been closed.