Pete Townshend brings Classic Quadrophenia to Rosemont Theatre Sept 13 with Eddie Vedder

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
edited July 2017 in The Porch
https://pearljam.com/news/eddie-vedder-to-perform-at-pete-townshends-classic-quadrophenia-in-chicago

Eddie Vedder to Perform at Pete Townshend’'s Classic Quadrophenia in Chicago

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 @ 8pm

News July 25 2017

On September 13, 2017 Eddie Vedder will join Pete Townshend, Billy Idol, Alfie Boe, the Chicagoland Pops Orchestra and Chicago Children’s Choir for one memorable night of music. Townshend will bring his Classic Quadrophenia stage show to the Rosemont Theatre as part of his ongoing efforts to raise money for Teen Cancer America.

TICKETS on sale at 10am Friday, July 28, 2017

Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    edited July 2017

The Who

Pete Townshend’s CLASSIC QUADROPHENIA Chicago
    Pete Townshend, Billy Idol, Eddie Vedder
    and featuring Alfie Boe as ‘Jimmy’
    with the Chicagoland Pops Orchestra
    and the Chicago Children’s Choir
    benefitting Teen Cancer America

Rosemont Theatre on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 8:00pm
    Tickets on Sale Friday, July 28, 2017 at 10:00am

Pete Townshend, guitarist and principal songwriter of The Who and co-founder of Teen Cancer America, will come together with Billy Idol, Eddie Vedder, Alfie Boe, the Chicagoland Pops Orchestra and Chicago Children’s Choir for one memorable night of music. Townshend will bring his Classic Quadrophenia stage show to the Rosemont Theatre as part of his ongoing efforts to raise money for teenagers with cancer in America.

For over 17 years, The Who band members have been patrons of the successful UK charity, the Teenage Cancer Trust. Their efforts have raised millions of dollars through performances and special events. In 2012, Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend established Teen Cancer America to replicate their work in this country. Townshend has chosen Chicago as the city to host this very special fundraising performance.

Tickets go on sale at 10:00am Friday, July 28, 2017, and reserved seats ($1,500 / $1,000 / $750 / $500 / $250 / $100) can be purchased at the Rosemont Theatre box office, online at Ticketmaster.com or by phone at 800-745-3000. For more information, call the Rosemont Theatre at 847-671-5100.

Teen Cancer America - Every hour, one young American is diagnosed with cancer. Teen Cancer America partners with hospitals throughout the United States to provide youth-oriented centers for teenagers and young adults. These units provide peer support and interaction while patients receive treatment at in-patient and out-patient clinics. For more information visit www.teencanceramerica.org.

edited July 2017
    This is gonna be awesome!!!
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    an orchestra. a choir. pete and ed, et all, doing quadrophenia
    i don't think i can miss this.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,359
    Wow...this is some holy grail sh*t. 
    holy grail shit is right. i got goosebumps just thinking about it.
    so it looks like this is a bit of a tour for pete as other dates are offered with the link above
    only chicago hasn't shown up as listed there yet. my guess is ed only at chicago show?
    wonder who will sing love reign in chicago...
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/Pete-Townshend-tickets/artist/736324?tm_link=artist_artistvenue_module
    edited July 2017
    so it looks like this is a bit of a tour for pete as other dates are offered with the link above
    only chicago hasn't shown up as listed there yet. my guess is ed only at chicago show?
    wonder who will sing love reign in chicago...
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/Pete-Townshend-tickets/artist/736324?tm_link=artist_artistvenue_module
    Wonder if Ed will do more then one date on Pete's tour.
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,541
    THE VIP PACKAGE $1500 Meet and Greet with Pete Townshend and guests Limited Edition concert poster autographed by the Pete Townshend Entrance into VIP pre-party which includes cocktails and appetizers 1 Tier one ticket VIP parking pass
    vip way too rich for my blood.
    hotel and flights booked. 
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,359
    Wow...you guys are my heroes dropping everything for this...wish I could....these dates don't work for me....
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    I'll already be in town that coming weekend for the Cubs/Cards series. Very tempting to try to add this to the trip.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    Seems like there is a presale tomorrow. Anyone know how to get in?
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    THE VIP PACKAGE $1500 Meet and Greet with Pete Townshend and guests Limited Edition concert poster autographed by the Pete Townshend Entrance into VIP pre-party which includes cocktails and appetizers 1 Tier one ticket VIP parking pass
    "Meet and greet with Pete Townshend and guests."  Guests would include Ed and Billy Idol I assume? 
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    PJNB said:
    i'm trying to figure that out now.  if i get a code i'll message you.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    PJNB said:
    Please message me as well if you don't mind. Thanks. 
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    I'm a little torn about this... the last Who/EV fundraiser at Rosemont was tough to justify the $100/750 ticket prices.
    Great to see this happening, and nothing will stop me from going, but definitely arriving with lower expectations.
  • SHAKYSHAKY Posts: 16
    If you get the code. I'd really appreciate it if you'd message me as well.If it's not to much trouble.

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Be cool if Eddie showed up in Grand Rapids tonight at the Who show........he was in Chicago last night.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    edited July 2017
    I'm searching for it too. I'm on all the Chicago presale email lists so I would guess it will be sent out.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    PJNB said:
    Thanks! Same to you. Looks like it is MB presale (member maybe?) and a venue presale. Maybe someone that is local can call the Rosemont and see if there is any info?
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    Presale codes - What's "MB" referencing? Can't seem to dig up anything for the venue presale either.
    tschav said:
    Presale codes - What's "MB" referencing? Can't seem to dig up anything for the venue presale either.
    MB Financial I'm guessing. A sponsor on their website.

Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,541
    Ill keep an eye out for codes as well Im usually on the mailing lists, but if anyone could forward to me thatd be great.
    tschav said:
    MB Financial I'm guessing. A sponsor on their website.

Ah makes sense Credit Card presales suck lol. 
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,292
    tschav said:
    I'm a little torn about this... the last Who/EV fundraiser at Rosemont was tough to justify the $100/750 ticket prices.
    Great to see this happening, and nothing will stop me from going, but definitely arriving with lower expectations.

Yes - If I remember correctly, their last show was pretty short (maybe less than 90min) with Ed on stage for only a few songs.  I remember a lot of people asking "that was it?" at the end of the show.

I sometimes forget how spoiled we are with 2.5 hour PJ shows.

• CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,891
    The last time they did this the show was a little short but it was awesome. No complaints. Loved the venue and loved everything about it. I would love it if Ed wasn't involved just for the fact Quadrophenia is my fave Who album. They were so solid when they played last.
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
    We missed it last time because of a trip but happy to have a second chance. Have to consider those prices and how high to go. 
    Ya it was 90 minutes long with 17 songs. 11 of which Eddie was in. 
    1. She Asked Me - Simon Townshend and Eddie Vedder
    2. I'm the Answer - Simon Townshend and Eddie Vedder
    3. Blue, Red and Grey - Eddie Vedder
    4. Far Behind - Eddie Vedder
    5. Corrine, Corrina - Eddie Vedder and Pete Townshend
    6. You Stand By Me - Eddie Vedder and Pete Townshend
    7. Drowned - Pete Townshend
    8. I'm the One - Pete Townshend
    9. The Kids Are Alright - Pete Townshend and Joe Walsh
    10. Eminence Front - Pete Townshend and Joe Walsh
    11.Summertime Blues - Pete Townshend, Joe Walsh and Joan Jett
    12. I Can't Explain - Pete Townshend
    13. Behind Blue Eyes - Eddie Vedder and Pete Townshend
    14. Betterman - Eddie Vedder and Pete Townshend
    15. Save It For Later - Eddie Vedder and Pete Townshend
    16. Won't Get Fooled Again - Eddie Vedder, Pete Townshend, Joe Walsh and Rick Nielsen
    17. My Generation - Eddie Vedder, Pete Townshend, Joe Walsh and Rick Nielsen
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    tschav said:
    Last time I flew in that morning without tickets and at 2 p.m. I pulled the trigger on a pair of $750 for $300 each off of one of the online sites.
     Well worth it.